The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
It doesn't exist anymore.
Old 25th August 2006
Viking

This studio of mine doesn't exist anymore.

This is a private little website about me and my studio... Check it out!!!

http://www.asc-studio-acoustics.com/westviking.htm

That studio of mine doesn't exist anymore. I just moved, a couple of months ago. I am, just now, in the process of building basically the same control room again...

Whew!! What a job!!! But,I love it!!!

Bruce Swedien
Old 26th August 2006
Lives for gear

Cool!
Have you got any viking blood in your veins?
Best of luck with your building project thumbsup

regards,
ruudman, the Norse
Old 26th August 2006
Viking

In the recording industry here in the States I am know as the Platinum Viking!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruudman View Post
Cool!
Have you got any viking blood in your veins?
Best of luck with your building project thumbsup

regards,
ruudman, the Norse
100 % Viking blood here... In the recording industry here in the States I am know as the Platinum Viking!!!

Bruce

Old 26th August 2006
A question please, about the room. (from a celt to a viking heh )
why soffitmount the ATCs? (At least that is what it looks like.)
I have no experience with these ATCs (I wish!), but have seen them mounted freestanding in other rooms.
Old 26th August 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Swedien View Post
This is a private little website about me and my studio... Check it out!!!

http://www.asc-studio-acoustics.com/westviking.htm

It doesn't exist anymore. I just moved, a couple of months ago. I am, just now, in the process fo building basically the same control room again...

Whew!!

Bruce Swedien
Very cool Bruce! I guess this means we're not neighbors anymore. I live the same distance from you as I do John T. I believe one of my close friends son helped you with your move. Good luck with the new home!
Old 26th August 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
100 % Viking blood here... In the recording industry here in the States I am know as the Platinum Viking!!!

Bruce

Hej, hej from the old world...
Old 26th August 2006
Viking

Min svenska ar 100 ar gamalt!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
Hej, hej from the old world...
Hej, hej. Kanna... Kanska vi kan talar littet Svenska har??? Men jag har litet problemma. Min svenska ar 100 ar gamalt!!!

Jag lara svenska sprak i skolan in Minneapolis, Minnesota....

Bruce

Old 27th August 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
A question please, about the room. (from a celt to a viking heh )
why soffitmount the ATCs? (At least that is what it looks like.)
I have no experience with these ATCs (I wish!), but have seen them mounted freestanding in other rooms.
I'm pretty sure those are Westlake Audio speakers and not ATC's.

If so, soffit mounting is the only way to go with the Westlakes or to use their foam surround extenders like Bruce is doing in the picture.

I talked with Bruce about this many years ago when Westlake started selling them. After talking with him and finding out that it just wasn't marketing hype I ended up buying a pair of the foam extensions myself. They seemed to help the low end and focus on the Westlakes.
Old 27th August 2006
OHA
Gear Addict

Quote:
Hej, hej. Kanna... Kanska vi kan talar littet Svenska har??? Men jag har litet problemma. Min svenska ar 100 ar gamalt!!!

Bruce
That's not bad!!
Old 28th August 2006
M2E
Lives for gear

Hey Bruce, Nice room.

If you were mixing a Michael or other artist, would you want to mix it in your room or a more well established room? Would like to know your thoughts on that as I can see your room is a little bit smaller than a huge mega studio control room.

Thanx

M2E
Old 28th August 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertone View Post
I'm pretty sure those are Westlake Audio speakers and not ATC's.

If so, soffit mounting is the only way to go with the Westlakes or to use their foam surround extenders like Bruce is doing in the picture.

I talked with Bruce about this many years ago when Westlake started selling them. After talking with him and finding out that it just wasn't marketing hype I ended up buying a pair of the foam extensions myself. They seemed to help the low end and focus on the Westlakes.
Ok, cool. thanks for filling me in. thumbsup (no experience with Westlakes either heh) I've read a bit on soffit mounting, and now found this about these extensions:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlake
The Westlake Audio speaker muff is a proprietary design that further enhances the performance of the Lc and BBSM Series of monitors. The speaker muff is a foam, chamfered edge, baffle extension that increases the area of the front baffle. As the size of the baffle increases, it takes longer for the sound/energy to reach the cabinet edge, and as a result decreases the amplitude of the edge reflections. This reduction in edge reflections and related distortions allow the listener to hear more of the direct sound from the speaker. The benefits experienced by the listener are a smoothing effect on the frequency response, improved imaging, and perceived increase in bass response. Speaker muffs are precision cut to match each individual loudspeaker and require no adhesives or modifications for attachment to the monitor.
This would, in theory also work for other speakers that have simularly shaped edges (straight corners) right?

Still I'm thinking about this particular setup. Wouldn't it not be also possible to just soffitmount the cabinets into the wall, and place the acoustic treatment for the room around it? I saw that in other pictures of the acoustic treatment, so it wouldn't be an issue of the material used? Or will the space behind the speakers create an extra difference? Or is it just to make the dimensions of the space better? (adjusting the room for size) The placement of these Westlakes just struck me as different.
Old 29th August 2006
Gear Nut

Bruce, great looking control room. Makes my litle set-up in norway feel laot "cheaper" hehe.

You do ofcourse understand this then: Vi digger deg, bruce. Du er den beste!!

hehe.

I wonder if I´m the only gearslut feeling like a kid whilst writing to someone of your reputation..
Old 29th August 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Bruce
Kom hit, så får vi lära dig mer...

Sorry, back on topic.
Old 30th August 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:

Bruce

50% Viking here! But then again, with a last name of Hammarsjkold, I think it would be hard to hide the Viking in me! heh heh
Old 30th August 2006
Lives for gear

polis polis potatisgris

someone had scribbled this on the gothenburg express.

had a good laugh and still think about it.

it rhymes though

Bruce jag älskar dit arbete

peace
Old 31st August 2006
Viking

Tak ska du har.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarf View Post
Bruce, great looking control room. Makes my litle set-up in norway feel laot "cheaper" hehe.

You do ofcourse understand this then: Vi digger deg, bruce. Du er den beste!!

hehe.

I wonder if I´m the only gearslut feeling like a kid whilst writing to someone of your reputation..
Tak ska du har.....

The Platinum Viking!!!!

Old 31st August 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Bruce

Outstanding!
Old 1st September 2006
Gear Maniac

Minneapolis sure could use you around here again!!

-mr moon
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search