The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Mono mix reference
Old 24th August 2006
Lives for gear

Mono mix reference

Dear Bruce,

About 2 years ago I bought a little Tivoli Audio Mono Radio and it was very interesting hearing everything in mono. (The Tivoli is my mono mix reference monitor now).

Well, one morning I was sitting in my kitchen and 'Thriller' came on. I was TOTALLY knocked out how great it sounded in mono. Unbelievable, the whole 3D picture was there!

Knowing that you record most everything in stereo, do you ever check your mixes in mono or on a radio? Or is the great mono compatibility simply an effect of doing everything right in stereo?
Old 24th August 2006
Viking

I am very fussy about the polarity of my stereo tracks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker View Post
Dear Bruce,

About 2 years ago I bought a little Tivoli Audio Mono Radio and it was very interesting hearing everything in mono. (The Tivoli is my mono mix reference monitor now).

Well, one morning I was sitting in my kitchen and 'Thriller' came on. I was TOTALLY knocked out how great it sounded in mono. Unbelievable, the whole 3D picture was there!

Knowing that you record most everything in stereo, do you ever check your mixes in mono or on a radio? Or is the great mono compatibility simply an effect of doing everything right in stereo?
I almost NEVER listen to anything in monaural!!!! However, I am very fussy about the polarity of my stereo tracks...

Bruce

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search