The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Approching A list Engineers
Old 24th August 2006
Gear Addict

Approching A list Engineers

Thanks for doing this Bruce,

Like many on these forums, I’ve been working on my CD for the last few years, hiring the best players and putting everything I have into it. I know lots of guys ask the question: Do “A list” folks take on Indie/unsigned projects and the answer is always depends (time, interest in the type of project). My question is, would it be impolite to ask A list guys like yourself to suggest lesser know, but incredibly talented Mixing Engineers, that they have trained or worked with. When I start looking I want to cut to the chase and basically say “$10,000 budget for Mix Eng., 10 songs on 2” can you do it, or suggest someone – here’s a CD with quick mix tracks”. Any input you can give would be appreciated.
Old 24th August 2006
Viking

In a few months I will be lookiing for a few really good mix projects..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lane thaw View Post
Thanks for doing this Bruce,

Like many on these forums, I’ve been working on my CD for the last few years, hiring the best players and putting everything I have into it. I know lots of guys ask the question: Do “A list” folks take on Indie/unsigned projects and the answer is always depends (time, interest in the type of project). My question is, would it be impolite to ask A list guys like yourself to suggest lesser know, but incredibly talented Mixing Engineers, that they have trained or worked with. When I start looking I want to cut to the chase and basically say “$10,000 budget for Mix Eng., 10 songs on 2” can you do it, or suggest someone – here’s a CD with quick mix tracks”. Any input you can give would be appreciated.
Great question.... In a few months I will be lookiing for a few really good mix projects.. Let's talk then....

Bruce
Old 24th August 2006
Lives for gear

Hi Mr Swedien.
Is there a style of Music that you prefer to work with...or some that you rather not deal with?
Thank you!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search