The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
How do I post Jpeg images here???
Old 23rd August 2006
Viking

How do I post Jpeg images here???

All......

How do I post Jpeg images here??? I should know how to do it myself, I guess. Rob will you do it for me here??? Rob, are you here????

I am going to scan my keyboard/frequency schematic this afternoon and then tomorrow, or perhaps even later today i'd like to post it for everyone here. You will find it very useful...

Bruce Swedien
Old 23rd August 2006
Lives for gear

Underneath the "Post Icons" section (right below the text box you type into) you'll see a section called "Additional Options". The second one down has a button that reads "Manage Attachments". Click it and a pop up window will open. You can use the Browse button to browse on your computer to pick a file, or you can link it with the second option (if it's static on a web page somewhere already).

Then just hit the upload button, close the window and post!

PS - files need to be under a certain size to be posted - it depends on the filetype you are uploading.

Good luck, and please keep posting!
Thanks,
Dirk
Old 23rd August 2006
mds
Lives for gear

If you're asking for Rob Hoffman he should be here...but I assist him, so by extention I'd happily post jpegs for you! :-)

Mike
Old 23rd August 2006
Lives for gear

Hi Bruce,

when you add a post, scroll down a little to "additional options" - there you can "manage attatchments", which opens another window- just add the jpg you want by selecting the "browse option"....then "upload"

This forum seems to work best if you just add one jpg per post, although the recent forum software updated might have sorted this (jules ?).

I've probably made this as clear as mud but give it a go - it's pretty straightforward when you've done it once.

One further thing is to try to keep your images to a "reasonable" size so that it fits on an average computer screen - about 800 pixels wide is good (?)

hope this helps.

si
Old 23rd August 2006
Send anything to me by email Bruce and I will take care of it for you!
Old 23rd August 2006
Gear Addict

If you look very carefully on your Reply page (the one where you type text), above the text box area there are several little buttons. The one with the little box and what appears to be a mountain is the insert image function. You will need to upload your image to some sort of webserver... you can do this at http://www.imageshack.us for free. Then, just copy the "direct link" for the image that they give you after you upload it, and insert it in the prompt you will receive from clicking the insert image function.

That's about it
Old 23rd August 2006
Lives for gear

Truly an honor to have you here, Bruce!

To post a jpeg, just click on the "manage attachments" button located just below where you click "submit reply" when posting.

Are you still in Ocala? I just got back from visiting my folks there.
Old 23rd August 2006
Here for the gear

when you post a reply or make a new thread, in the above the "message box" there is a menu bar where you can change fonts and font colors, there is a attachment icon (looks like a black paper clip) click it...browse for the file than you want to attach and upload.. hope this helps.
Attached Images
How do I post Jpeg images here???-myanti.gif 
Old 24th August 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Swedien View Post
All......

How do I post Jpeg images here??? I should know how to do it myself, I guess. Rob will you do it for me here??? Rob, are you here????

I am going to scan my keyboard/frequency schematic this afternoon and then tomorrow, or perhaps even later today i'd like to post it for everyone here. You will find it very useful...

Bruce Swedien
Hi Bruce

Just below the input box where you type your messages there is an Additional Options section. In the "Attach Files' sub section click the 'Manage Attatchments' button, then in the window that pops up :
  1. click the Browse button and find the file you want
  2. click the Upload button and wait for your file to finish uploading
  3. repeat 1 and 2 if you want to add more files then click the close This Window Button

If you only add one image, it will be displayed in your message, but if you add two or more, just links to each individual image will be shown.

Best of luck!
Attached Thumbnails
How do I post Jpeg images here???-forbruce1.jpg   How do I post Jpeg images here???-forbruce2.jpg  
Old 24th August 2006

Hi Bruce,

Hopefully I can help.... What you do is go to the "Addtional Options" menu (just under where you write your posts). You then click on the "Manage Attachments", which will bring up a new window that will allow you to choose your file and upload it.

Sometimes the site gets a little funny and you can't upload pictures. So, if you want you can email it to me at: [email protected] & I can make sure it gets up on the site.

BTW, I'm Tony Belmont... it's an honor to make your acquaintance.
Old 24th August 2006
Lives for gear

How to attach pictures

SORRY ABOUT THIS OBSOLETE POST, DELAYED BY MODERATING PROCESS...

Hej Bruce,

1. Look for the little paperclip icon and click it

2. Then click "Browse..." in the "Upload file from your computer" field.

3. Locate the picture you want to attach and click "open".

4. Next, remember to click on the "Upload" button!

5. That should do it. Please see attached pictures.

Martin
Attached Thumbnails
How do I post Jpeg images here???-browse.jpg  
Attached Images
How do I post Jpeg images here???-icon.jpg How do I post Jpeg images here???-upload.jpg 

Last edited by Martin Kantola; 24th August 2006 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: Old info
Old 24th August 2006
Lives for gear

More about posting JPEG's...

Forgot to say that the attached JPEG images can only be a maximum of 146.5 KB, which is kind of small if you plan to scan something. You probably need to rescale and -compress the image first.

Yes I know, why make it easy?

Sure there are many here willing to help you out, myself included.

Martin
Old 24th August 2006
Lives for gear

If the pictures are online somewhere, you can hit this little icon above and enter the pic's URL:
If not, scroll down to "Additional Options" beneath the text window you're writing in and click on "Manage Attachments".

Daniel
Old 24th August 2006
Lives for Jesus

Thumbs up

Its best to only post one picture each post,

When you are in the post window....... the one where you are typing a message...

Scroll down a bit and you will see "Manage Attachments" Button

Click on that....

Then you will see a screen with a Browse button ,

Click the Browse button

then you will see all your pics on your computer

Click on the one you want to place on the post,

then you will be back at the browse window,

Click on the Upload Button................ it may take a bit.......

then after its done Uploading ,

Click on the close window button

Now you are back at the Post window,

You then click on the Submit reply Button

You wont see your pic until its posted, But you can see the title in the Manage attachments section

Hope this helps,

We would love to see some of your cool Pics !

steve
Old 24th August 2006
Lives for Jesus

Thumbs up

Its best to only post one picture each post,

When you are in the post window....... the one where you are typing a message...

Scroll down a bit and you will see "Manage Attachments" Button

Click on that....

Then you will see a screen with a Browse button ,

Click the Browse button

then you will see all your pics on your computer

Click on the one you want to place on the post,

then you will be back at the browse window,

Click on the Upload Button................ it may take a bit.......

then after its done Uploading ,

Click on the close window button

Now you are back at the Post window,

You then click on the Submit reply Button

You wont see your pic until its posted, But you can see the title in the Manage attachments section

Hope this helps,

We would love to see some of your cool Pics !

steve
Old 24th August 2006
Lives for gear

Hi Bruce,

Great to have you onboard answering questions for us...... looking forward to more insight....

As far as posting JPG's , when you post a new post or reply underneath where you have 'submit reply' you have another section called 'Additional options', in there you have a prompt called 'Attach Files' open that up by clicking 'Manage attachments' and select your jpg , hope this is clear enough
Old 24th August 2006
Lives for gear

delay delay delay.... they're in a loopppppppp....
Old 24th August 2006
Lives for gear

Bruce, my favorite viking, here's one I've grabbed from Phil for an example...

Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search