The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Have you ever experienced a real great tube microphones breathtaking intimacy? Have you ever noticed its charming detail and inspiring presence? If so, you will know that these attributes come at a price. - Introducing the Valvet X, Brauner releases a dedicated cardioid only microphone which really unites these precious attributes within a microphone unparalleled in its class and pricepoint.The Valvet X offers all of the german craftsmenship and technical perfection that made Brauner Microphones world famous. Only finest materials make it into a Brauner. Our engineers sculptured the sonic character of the Valvet X in great detail, performing hours of extensive listening tests to yield a result that will definitely floor you. Its prestine and silky black finish also makes it a real eyecatcher. If you're looking for the real thing - here you go!Brauner Valvet X Specifications Equivalent Noise: ** *< 9 dB A (IEC651) Signal to Noise: ** *> 85 dB (1 Pa/1 kHz-Cardioid) Sensitivity: ** *28 mV / Pa-Cardioid Pattern: ** *Cardioid Frequency Range: ** *20 Hz - 22 kHz Maximum SPL: ** *142 dB SPL @ 0,3 % THD Power Supply: ** *115 V or 230 V

Discussions

Brauner Valvet X , Brauner Valvet or Manley Cardoid Ref??

...heard the other 2 (though I DO have a VMA (which supposedly has the same 'vintage toob' character as the Valvet X). As was already said - I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. BTW I don't think anyone posting A/B/C/X clips of the mics in question will help, since...

View Post

Manley Ref Card vs Brauner Valvet X

...Valvet in my studio and really liked the clean detailed smooth sound. I wanted a tad more character and the Valvet X is suppose to have a tiny bit less high end and a touch of lower mids character. It seems to be a great option. Never heard the Reference C but am thinking...

View Post

Another string quartet mic'ing question, but with specific particular details.

Wow, you have our AL39 mic! Even I don't own one--only 25 pcs were made... I always prefer fewer microphones setup and would agree with Boojum--I'd start with AL39 with Brauner, or Manley in MS to at least to try that setup. You can always reduce S if it gives you too much room. That setup...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?