The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussions

AC-3.... buy software encoder or hire out?

I'm going to need to have AC-3 encoding done for a current project. I also think I'll be doing other work that will require this. How good are the software encoders (SurCode, Steinberg Dolby, ?) and should I invest in one or just hire others to do the work? Thanks again....

View Post

Standard mixing levels for movie theater, DVD, broadcast TV, commercials etc

...no X-curve), the room is smaller, it is calibrated lower, AND there is the dialnorm parameter if your sound is AC3 encoded. Read about dialnorm here: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/1112798-post7.html (section about Dialogue Level) and here: Home Theater Hi-Fi: Dialogue Normalization You have to determine your target dialnorm BEFORE you start mixing, so you can adjust your listening level accordingly. Most DVD's...

View Post

What did this Dolby representative mean? (English native speakers needed)

...maximum sales. Engineers solve problems by inventing real solutions. It's interesting because Dolby itself was founded on engineering ethics. For example AC3: developed by engineers. Verified in blind tests. At that time better sounding than anything else on the market. Not designed by marketing. Designed by engineers. Atmos is designed by marketing. Because ceiling speakers can...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides