The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Blue Woodpecker Condenser Microphone is a beautiful ribbon microphone with unique active circuitry and gorgeous exotic wood finish.The Blue Woodpecker combines the low noise and superb detail of Blue?s renowned Class-A discrete handmade electronics with the bold sound of a handmade aluminum ribbon pressure-gradient transducer.The Blue Woodpecker is designed to be highly durable and deliver the wide frequency response needed in today?s modern recording environment. With its focused mid-range, ultra-smooth top end and outstanding bass response, the Woodpecker captures the essence of any recorded sound. It also excels at ambient recording, capturing room tone with the most intimate detail.<strong>The Blue Woodpecker Main Features Include:</strong>Handcrafted ribbon pressure-gradient transducer Active Class-A discrete custom-made electronics Focused mid-range, ultra-smooth top end and outstanding bass response Gorgeous exotic wood finish Includes custom shockmount and cherrywood box Transducer Type: Active Ribbon, Pressure Gradient Polar Pattern: Figure 8 Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20KHz Sensitivity: 26.0 mV/Pa at 1kHz (1 Pa = 94dB SPL) Output Impedance: 50 Ohms Rated load Impedance: Not less than 1k Ohms Maximum SPL: 136 dB (2.5k Ohms, 0.5% THD) S/N Ratio: 72.0 dB-A (IEC 651) Noise Level: 22.0 dB-A (IEC 651) Dynamic Range: 114 dB (@ 2.5k Ohms) Power Requirement: 48V Phantom Weight: 725g Dimensions: 227 mm X 45 mm

Discussions

Recommendation for 2ch mic preamp for m/s recording with AEA R84 and Blue Woodpecker

I have a Blue Woodpecker and a Duet interface, and I find this combination way too bright for recording acoustic guitar and vocals. I tend to like the 60/70 folkish sound ala Nick Drake and Joni Mitchell. I just bought an AEA R84 here on Gearslutz, and need a stereo preamp (or two mono preamps)....

View Post

Rode NTR Ribbon Mic: Not Impressed

Here are a pair of 4080s in Blumlein. I lifted the top end EQ a bit and added a little compression and limiting. This was one take. Pedal steel amp speaker at 180 degrees. Singer/songwriter at 0 degrees, guitar player at 45 degrees. Hit the button. Pretty much done. You can hear the foot pedal of...

View Post

nature as a synth

...hear different bird vocalization. Below is recording that is recorded in the mountains at dusk and you can hear distant woodpecker tapping and owl hoots. https://soundcloud.com/user-889219011/owl-hoot-and-distant-woodpecker-tapping-on-tree-trunk-1 D, LToC

View Post