The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Description

The upgraded MkII stereo preamp is ready to rock your studio, at a great price! The Auteur has been a staple preamp in studios around the world for many years. It has become the go-to choice for bridging the gap between clean, transparent preamps and those with lots of color and bite. The Auteur MkII is the next step in perfecting this combination of vintage and modern sound at an affordable price! The Auteur MkII has a revamped gain stage that results in higher gain, lower noise, lower distortion, and a more extended frequency response than the original design. Use it on drums for rotund results. Throw it on vocals for a silky polish. Hear guitars soar like never before. No matter what you use it on, the Auteur MkII will do the job like a pro! Features Dual Channel Ultra High-Speed Input Stages Edcor Output Transformers 65dB Gain Extended Frequency Response Low Distortion & Noise Phantom Power Phase Switch 10dBu Pad XLR Microphone Input TRS Line Output (balanced) Specifications Mic SectionMax Microphone Input Level: +1dBuInput Impedance: 6000ΩPad: 10dBuGain (no pad): +14dB to +65dBEquivalent Input Noise (noise floor): -108dB THD+N (@ +4dBu output):.0033% @ +10dBu Gain.0054% @ +24dBu Gain.0112% @ +32dBu Gain.027% @ +40dBu Gain.078% @ +50dBu Gain.21% @ +62dBu Gain Bandwidth (1kHz, 150Ω source, unweighted): 10Hz to 30kHz Output SectionMax Output Level: +26dBuOutput Impedance: 150ΩPower Supply:*24VAC, 500mA External Supply Product Dimensions:*9.5” x 6.5” x 1.75” Product Weight:*3.2 lbs Shipping Dimensions:*13” x 11” x 5” Shipping Weight:*5.5 lbs

Discussions

Best 500 Series Lunchbox/Rack

...not quite as insane with the routing options as the TAC but that front patch bay is so incredibly convenient. Shop Auteur MKII Mic Pre | Mic Preamp | Black Lion Audio - And finally there's the upcoming Cranborne stuff which isn't as versatile for signal routing or parallel processing as the previous two, but instead...

View Post

Please help me sound pro! Rode NT1 and Steinberg UR12, opinion?

...There are some ways you can improve your quality with outboard gear. first way is an external preamp. Cheap: BLA auteur mkii ( they also released a 4 channel version). More pro sounding: focusrite ISA one(or any of the ISA series). Colored: Gap 73 Premier (do not confuse their premier with their original 73,...

View Post

Please help me sound pro! Rode NT1 and Steinberg UR12, opinion?

I see that is great! I will research this and hopefully get one of those preams... I have to be careful. Saw some youtube videos and some people ruined their sound by adding a preamp. Turned out to be worse than the amp in their audio interface. Probably picked some bad device or had some...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?