The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Bitwig Studio 3
Old 14th August 2019
  #121
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleclockdivid View Post
They should have thought about that before commiting to it
I think you have yet to realize that Bitwig has different priorities than you and that many people agree with them. Honestly it’s starting to get annoying seeing you complain about this on every online forum.

Last edited by brownerthanu; 14th August 2019 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: Missed word
Old 15th August 2019
  #122
Lives for gear
 
gentleclockdivid's Avatar
 

What are you on about ?
I posted it here and on kvr audio , that's hardly EVERY online forum .
Get over it
Old 15th August 2019
  #123
Gear Addict
The Bitwig team are quite easy to get hold of and suggest ideas to - they have a dedicated area on there own site https://answers.bitwig.com/questions/ - Dom has answered over 2000 questions, but there are other Bitwig Dev there as well....KVR/Slutz occasionally has sanity, but I recommend the Bitwig Q/A or direct e-mail rather than posting on forums, it won't help....Only the BWS Dev's can realy help/implement these issues, so go to them directly!

Its realy days with the Grid, I am sure we can all agree that for an initial release (Grid 1) it is pretty impressive and well formed- I much prefer it over MAX 7 and Reaktor for 'most' things musical...but it can (and will) only get better with time and updates 2-3 times a year (I dont think we have ever had less than 3 decent updates a year!)

Last edited by SLiC; 15th August 2019 at 12:59 PM.. Reason: added more....
Old 16th August 2019
  #124
yawn... - wake me up when we can put midi and vsts into this thing... sigh.. facepalm



Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiC View Post
The Bitwig team are quite easy to get hold of and suggest ideas to - they have a dedicated area on there own site https://answers.bitwig.com/questions/ - Dom has answered over 2000 questions, but there are other Bitwig Dev there as well....KVR/Slutz occasionally has sanity, but I recommend the Bitwig Q/A or direct e-mail rather than posting on forums, it won't help....Only the BWS Dev's can realy help/implement these issues, so go to them directly!

Its realy days with the Grid, I am sure we can all agree that for an initial release (Grid 1) it is pretty impressive and well formed- I much prefer it over MAX 7 and Reaktor for 'most' things musical...but it can (and will) only get better with time and updates 2-3 times a year (I dont think we have ever had less than 3 decent updates a year!)
Old 16th August 2019
  #125
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataylor View Post
yawn... - wake me up when we can put midi and vsts into this thing... sigh.. facepalm
You have always been able to do that through the unified modulation system in the rack- the inputs and outputs are 'wireless' - it doesn't have the same limitations as MAX/Live- it is truly integrated from the core, connections are made to and from the DAW (rack) to the grid for processing either way.
Old 16th August 2019
  #126
I kind of want to be able to load in any main instrument but modulate it with midi out from another vst.. and ditch the vst's audio.. for example using a kontakt instrument arp as a midi arp for a 2ndary instrument inside of the grid.

sadly the best arppegiator is arpology but they refuse to make it a midi only instrument.. i don't give a crap about the inbuilt sounds but still have NOT found a better arp itself.
i jsut kind of wish it wasn't trapped inside of a kontakt instrument!!!!!!!
Old 16th August 2019
  #127
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataylor View Post
I kind of want to be able to load in any main instrument but modulate it with midi out from another vst.. and ditch the vst's audio.. for example using a kontakt instrument arp as a midi arp for a 2ndary instrument inside of the grid.

sadly the best arppegiator is arpology but they refuse to make it a midi only instrument.. i don't give a crap about the inbuilt sounds but still have NOT found a better arp itself.
i jsut kind of wish it wasn't trapped inside of a kontakt instrument!!!!!!!
If Arpology can output midi then you can easily use to trigger another instrument. Does it?
Old 17th August 2019
  #128
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownerthanu View Post
If Arpology can output midi then you can easily use to trigger another instrument. Does it?
Its a kontakt instrument.. so yes i can.. but at the moment if were talking not hosting it in a modular fashion don't see the point i could put bidule on each track and do that in ableton. I was hoping the grid could chain vsts to make it seemless per track
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump