The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bitwig Studio 3 DAW Software
Old 10th February 2019
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNVNation View Post
Yeah I tend to agree. Collaboration seems like such a small use-case. I could be wrong but at a guess there would be only a really small number of users who would actually use it. On the other hand a way to use 2-3 computers in a studio as a kind of super-daw power up would be brilliant, most of us have a main computer and a laptop so yeah, instant power up. Seems like such an obvious idea, maybe it already exists?
FX Teleport

Never went mainstream and to the best of my knowledge no DAW has yet built this in.

Vienna Symphonic Library Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 - Upgrade from v4-5 - Sweetwater
Boost Your Creativity and Streamline Your Workflow
Note: This is an opportunity for owners of Vienna Ensemble Pro Versions 4 and 5 to upgrade to Version 6 at a special price. Contact your Sales Engineer for details.

Now Playing:
New Features in Version 6

VSL - Overview Video

VSL Studio Chat with Gabriel Yared/ Part 1

VSL Studio Chat with Gabriel Yared/ Part 2

VSL Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 is your total cross-platform MIDI and audio LAN solution. Deploy Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 as a host on your DAW machine to coordinate your Vienna Instruments and third-party 64- and 32-bit VSTi/AU plug-ins. Shuttle the audio streams from your Macs or PCs back to your main computer, or use it in a master/slave configuration with multiple computers connected through Ethernet. Either way, all you need are simple Ethernet cables - no additional hardware required! Ensemble Pro 6 gives you all of this, plus it's packed with new features that help you compose faster and more efficiently! If your virtual studio is getting out of control, VSL's Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 is the powerful, smart solution.

Seems to be a fully working solution and quite popular
Old 18th February 2019
Lives for gear

It has been about a month since NAMM... should be getting close to a Bitwig 3 beta!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Beta is available
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveElbows View Post
Beta is available
And wow is it slick!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by draig View Post
And wow is it slick!
They deserve a user interface design award.

The grid seems to work real well with MPE too, all of the polyphonic expression with none of the mess/duplication.

I am also easily satisfied with things like the scope.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveElbows View Post
They deserve a user interface design award.

The grid seems to work real well with MPE too, all of the polyphonic expression with none of the mess/duplication.

I am also easily satisfied with things like the scope.
Yeah, the GUI stuff is really impressive.

Click any Grid module and the inspector shows active signals for all active inputs and outputs.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Looks like they are working on cleaning up the GUI in general. Streamlining etc, the oscilloscope looks
much better 4 one imho. Overall, I prefer the graphics in live, bitwig doesn't have far to go to catch up tho.
By graphics, I mostly mean the filled analyzer and waveform drawing etc., which imho is much more polished
in live.

Still, great job on the part of the Bitwig team
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

New footage of the Grid just w0w
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I'm about to jump and finally buy into Bitwig for the grid, anyone got any discount codes I can use? Or a recommendation for best site to buy it from?

Thanks in advance,
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikiGhost View Post
I'm about to jump and finally buy into Bitwig for the grid, anyone got any discount codes I can use? Or a recommendation for best site to buy it from?

Thanks in advance,
Audio Deluxe or JRR's will typically have a slight discount. Depending on
how determined you are, the cheapest way would be to buy used, even
upgrading an older version would probably be way cheaper than buying it new.

Also you can always wait until the discounts roll around for Black Friday etc.
as well....
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekbro View Post
Audio Deluxe or JRR's will typically have a slight discount. Depending on
how determined you are, the cheapest way would be to buy used, even
upgrading an older version would probably be way cheaper than buying it new.

Also you can always wait until the discounts roll around for Black Friday etc.
as well....
Cheers. In the end I managed to find a 20% discount online via an approved bitwig trainers website.

Last edited by AikiGhost; 2 weeks ago at 12:07 AM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I'm guessing Bitwig will have some discounts once v3 is publicly available. Or wait a couple of months for black Friday until bugs have been ironed out :P
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Bitwig 3 beta 2 is out!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
Yup- seems more efficient and has new modules!
Great development team!
Old 1 week ago
Anyone have a take on this?
"Polyphonic voices for all Bitwig instruments (and FX Grid) are now processed in parallel"
They seemed pleased with this particular bullet point - is it going to make bitwig more powerful on the same hardware? It sure sounds like a big deal.
I think i remember reading Diva does this too...but all the synths in a DAW doing it would presumably make load spreading much much better...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloofin View Post
Anyone have a take on this?
"Polyphonic voices for all Bitwig instruments (and FX Grid) are now processed in parallel"
They seemed pleased with this particular bullet point - is it going to make bitwig more powerful on the same hardware? It sure sounds like a big deal.
I think i remember reading Diva does this too...but all the synths in a DAW doing it would presumably make load spreading much much better...
It is a big deal...

Diva can spread itself across cores in one instance. That does not actually make the synth more efficient. It lets the user spread the CPU load across cores.

I think this is a more efficient way of calculating voices together so it is allowing more total voices than before.
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Do you think they are going to have a sale when they release Bitwig 3?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnibrain View Post
Do you think they are going to have a sale when they release Bitwig 3?
My guess is no... emphasis on guess
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Beta 3 is out...
Old 1 day ago
Gear Addict
Moving along nicely.....
On Target for June Release

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search