The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Connecting R-8M to Bitwig Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 9th April 2018
Here for the gear

Connecting R-8M to Bitwig

Hi,

I've been searching for a few hours now to find a way, to succesfully connect R-8M to my computer. So far, I only got to hear the demo song. I've connected the MIDI out of M-audio's ctrl49 to the R8 and the R8's mix out to UR22. But I can't seem to find a way, to make Bitwig (v. 2.3.2) send MIDI to the machine or to play it via MIDI keyboards. I've tried putting in some controller scripts but as I have no idea, how they really work (and all across the internet I only found things like: put that in the init(), without actually explaining what is init, where do I put anything and where to even find init() ). Please, help me, I'll have to return the R8 quite soon and I wanna have some fun with it until then!
Old 9th April 2018
Lives for gear
You need to connect the midi out of the UR22 to the midi in of the R8. Of course match the midi channel on the R8 to the midi channel of your DAW midi track.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search