The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bitwig wtf
Old 22nd March 2018
Lives for gear

Bitwig wtf

Heard about this, was interested, so downloaded the demo. After installing I find I have to register with their little site just to try the demo out, which is reetahrded right out of the gate. But even after I do that, when I try to activate, it doesn't recognize my account. Yes, I'm sure I typed my info correctly etc etc but it really doesn't matter, all that BS should be totally unnecessary. I should be able to download a demo/trial which installs all by itself, no stupid web site registration BS, to try it. Too bad it looked interesting...
Old 28th March 2018
Here for the gear

That's odd. I played with the demo for a few weeks, and didn't make an account until I purchased it.
Old 8th April 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
Heard about this, was interested, so downloaded the demo. After installing I find I have to register with their little site just to try the demo out, which is reetahrded right out of the gate. But even after I do that, when I try to activate, it doesn't recognize my account. Yes, I'm sure I typed my info correctly etc etc but it really doesn't matter, all that BS should be totally unnecessary. I should be able to download a demo/trial which installs all by itself, no stupid web site registration BS, to try it. Too bad it looked interesting...
I had the same experience back in December. It was a mess, so I uninstalled their demo software which came bundled with a MIDI keyboard controller I had just bought.

Furthermore, though, I don't "get" Bitwig. The software seems to get great reviews by people, but I have watched their own demo videos on their site, and look over their web pages, and to be 100% honest, the software looks like digital vomit.

It's supposed to be a DAW??? Not in my view. (I come from Cakewalk Sonar experience).

Then their upgraded versions have a bunch of new features for electronic music making people, that I could not make sense out of.

DISCLAIMER: I'm a composer, so I look at music and the tools to achieve music differently than the generation of the past 20 years.
Old 8th April 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddskins View Post
I had the same experience back in December. It was a mess, so I uninstalled their demo software which came bundled with a MIDI keyboard controller I had just bought.

Furthermore, though, I don't "get" Bitwig. The software seems to get great reviews by people, but I have watched their own demo videos on their site, and look over their web pages, and to be 100% honest, the software looks like digital vomit.

It's supposed to be a DAW??? Not in my view. (I come from Cakewalk Sonar experience).

Then their upgraded versions have a bunch of new features for electronic music making people, that I could not make sense out of.

DISCLAIMER: I'm a composer, so I look at music and the tools to achieve music differently than the generation of the past 20 years.
i think it's a solid daw, especially for recording synths etc. really enjoying my time with it and have totally made the switch from my old daw of Live.
Old 12th April 2018
Bitwig has its upside. It's amazing for sound creation and fiddling about. As a traditional DAW, it works, but there are all these curious omissions and oddities. What actually made me stop using it was the 2.x interface which moved all the context sensitive commands to the top of the Window. How that was considered an improvement, I'll never understand, and the constant mousing to the top of the screen got old very quickly. Then I "discovered" Logic and gave up both BW and Live.
Old 13th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbanzo View Post
That's odd. I played with the demo for a few weeks, and didn't make an account until I purchased it.
Plus one and I sold bitwig (for reasons that do not matter here)

I'm confused.
Old 30th April 2018
Gear Addict

I guess you’ll need to create an account to download Bitwig. The first few months were a little tough for me with Bitwig, but now it’s the DAW I use. Like I’m not gonna upgrade to Live 10. Though I wish it had the same interface zoom that live has. Bitwig only does 25% zoom at a time while Live does 1% zoom. I felt 135% interface zoom was right for me.
Old 2 weeks ago
Give it another shot, and contact the support at Bitwig if you can't get through, they're friendly and helpful.
Yeah I guess creating an account is useful.
@johnnyboy5000 why not contact them with this suggestion? Seems a useful feature to me.

"looks like vomit"? It takes some getting used to, but the black and orange teints are very nice, late at night. I like it more than Logic's battleship greys.
Old 1 week ago
JAT
Lives for gear
Bitwig is a bit odd, but solid software. It is great for making lines of music and the sampler is great for more than sampling and granular and wavetable synthesis. I’m slowly using it for mixing.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search