The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Bitwig 2.3 announced: Phase manipulation synth :-)
Old 19th January 2018
Bitwig 2.3 announced: Phase manipulation synth :-)

New update announced: Phase 4 (phase manupilation synth), voice stacking (and modulation) and a few other things.
Bitwig | Announcing Bitwig Studio 2.3

Phase 4 sounds different from the VirtualCZ, I'm happy with that, more variation.
Old 19th January 2018
Gear Nut

Greate update IMO,
Biggest thing for me is: "We're excited to welcome Zplane Elastique algorithms in four flavors to the party, with full formant control. We extended the functionality and quality of our own Stretch and Stretch HD algorithms, and add two new ones: Slice — slices audio at onsets — and Cyclic — retro stretching inspired by classic cream colored samplers."

+ expanded device view.

I am suprised that Sampler didn't get any treatment, though
Old 19th January 2018
Lives for gear
Looks great! And improved time-stretching is long overdue. Hope some improvements to Sampler are not too far behind!
Old 19th January 2018
Gear Maniac
Really looking forward to the expanded views, and it will be good to see what the new timestretching sounds like.. And I agree, I really hope they have done some minor improvements in the sampler as well.
Old 19th January 2018
Gear Nut

Nice
as I switched to Linux 1 hour ago I'm interested.
Old 20th January 2018
Lives for gear

Excellent update!! Looking forward to trying it! Bitwig is a breath of fresh air!!
Old 25th January 2018
the Beta is available for download here:
www.bitwig.com/en/download.html

video about the new synth:

EQ and time stretch algo:

Last edited by Reptil; 28th January 2018 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: link fixed
Old 26th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
the Beta is available for download here:
www.bitwig.com/en/download
Old 26th January 2018
Lives for gear

The "upgrade plan" was a waste of money for me mostly. Frankly, I should have just stayed at 1.3.6 (or whatever it was) and I knew I should.

Two point upgrades was weak for the money, so it's 2.2.3 for life yo! (or so it seems)
Old 26th January 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by toowrongfoo View Post
thanks! corrected link:
https://www.bitwig.com/en/download.html
Old 26th January 2018
Lives for gear

EDIT, no it's not like takes.

Last edited by toowrongfoo; 26th January 2018 at 10:05 PM..
Old 28th January 2018
Old 28th January 2018
Lives for gear

Shpongle-tastic time stretching there! Love it. Will grab this, thanks for beta link.
Old 28th January 2018
Lives for gear

The new Elastique time stretching is great on vocals. Making slight BPM changes is seamless.
Old 1st February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
The "upgrade plan" was a waste of money for me mostly. Frankly, I should have just stayed at 1.3.6 (or whatever it was) and I knew I should.

Two point upgrades was weak for the money, so it's 2.2.3 for life yo! (or so it seems)
you get 2.3 for free... why stick at 2.2.3?
Old 8th February 2018
Lives for gear

Sorry I took so long.

Yeah, I get cha, BUT what about subsequent updates with like ... bug fixes? Or is the whole 2.3 cycle included?

Wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong.
Old 14th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sorry I took so long.

Yeah, I get cha, BUT what about subsequent updates with like ... bug fixes? Or is the whole 2.3 cycle included?

Wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong.
It is unknown at this point... but you may as well wait until it is known. 2.3 is a very nice update and the Phase-4 synth is great! Also, some older bugs have been fixed too.
Old 18th February 2018
Lives for gear

I contacted them about it. If I can get bugfix updates through the 2.3 cycle then it's cool. OR, if they have some terrific upgrade price, then it's cool.

But I'm not spending much until they add something I need (like takes)

It works fine the way it is right now. Plus I'm a three headed monster with cubase and reason now as well.
Old 19th February 2018
Lives for gear

Ok, here was the response:

Quote:
thank you for your e-mail. Yes, you'll be getting Bitwig Studio 2.3. In case we do bug fix updates such as 2.3.1, you'll have access to those as well. As soon as we move to 2.4 you will need to renew your upgrade plan.

Regarding subscriptions: We currently don't offer this yet. We only have a perpetual license model. So you'll be able to use your license and the latest version released during your upgrade plan period, even when your upgrade plan expires (and maybe even a bit longer, in case we release a 2.3.1...).
So, it's as I would expect it to be. In a year or if they offer something I can't live w/o I'll upgrade again.

All's good.
Old 21st February 2018
Lives for gear

Phase-4 is really a lovely synth...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search