The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Bitwig 2.2 Update is out
Old 11th November 2017
Bitwig 2.2 Update is out

List of new features:
full patch release notes here: https://downloads.bitwig.com/stable/...Notes-2.2.html

And a video
Old 15th November 2017
Lives for gear

Hope I'm not sounding the wrong way, but it's been out for a while. A lot of stuff, but I kinda feel like since they did the sub thing (which I will likely NOT be doing again) it's the typical lagging.

Don't get me wrong, I use it every day and I probably only understand about 50% of it. I just don't feel the sub is what was advertised. (and how that is related to 2.2)
Old 17th November 2017
Lives for gear

What's the 'sub' thing?
Old 18th November 2017
Lives for gear

Sub-subscription, it's a thing with quite a few companies.
Old 23rd November 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by toowrongfoo View Post
..... I just don't feel the sub is what was advertised. (and how that is related to 2.2)
Then stick to version 1. It's good software, and you can make music with it.
You pay for a full version's worth of updates. Seems reasonable to me.
I'm loving the workflow of the program, after a long time using Logic. Which has a worse payment plan. After all those investments, I'm paying the same as a brandnew user.
Also, it's on sale now, 299 for a full licence, 129 for the update link
peace
Old 24th November 2017
Lives for gear

You clearly didn't read what I said. I already have 2. What I said was that they have not done much since 2 came out, and I'll likely not upgrade FROM THAT.

And who said I can't make music on it?

And, 2.2 has been out a while. Was kinda surprised you mentioned it like it just came out that week.

Snarky? Maybe, but I'm already at two. The "stick to one" thing seems equally snarky.
Old 15th December 2017
Lives for gear

I guess I'll just bump this again instead of wasting a new thread.....

Before someone pigeon-holes me (like most SM people do) I love bitwig and use it really every day.

But I'm just bummed that they rushed 2.2 out, it's not really all there (I'm still on 2.1.4) and it's now stuck there and my sub is going to end. I don't want to redo everything just to get 2.2 to work (as people have complained about)

Honestly, I just don't understand DAW devs most of the time. I didn't expect version 3 in a year, but I had kinda hoped that it would advance a little.

Plus I'm tired of seeing the 2.2.2 update available every time I launch it
Old 30th December 2017
@ toowrongfoo why not contact their support, see what they can do for you?
Yes, I'd fiinish open projects in the version you made it in, but that's the case with any DAW upgrade I guess.
I'm happy with 2.2. It's pretty solid.
Old 2nd January 2018
Lives for gear

I'm not trying to be a d...k, I'm just saying that they have not "improved" much since I did the sub (it's a sub, in case others don't pay attention) and they have been slow (I've been on board since forever)

We are not communicating, which doesn't bug me too much considering the program works fine (overall) but I think what I said was fair and that the company DOES NOT respond in kind
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search