The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Bitwig advice please
Old 15th April 2017
Lives for gear

Bitwig advice please

Recently bought some hardware and got a free BitWig 8-track licence. I tried a few simple things with it this weekend, and I'm pleasantly surprised. Now wondering if I should buy a licence for the full v2? It's not cheap!

My question for Bitwig users is about likely performance. My PC is a relatively low-spec notebook (i5-3210M, 2.5GHz, 6GB, Win7-64), and the interface is a Steinberg UR22. Am I likely to get glitchy problems once I'm over the 8 track limit?
Old 15th April 2017
Gear Maniac

Hi

You might get a fuller response from the Bitwig Forum : Bitwig | KVR Audio Forum
I'm on a mac, so i can't really assist.

Regards
K
Old 15th April 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by manalishi View Post
Recently bought some hardware and got a free BitWig 8-track licence. I tried a few simple things with it this weekend, and I'm pleasantly surprised. Now wondering if I should buy a licence for the full v2? It's not cheap!

My question for Bitwig users is about likely performance. My PC is a relatively low-spec notebook (i5-3210M, 2.5GHz, 6GB, Win7-64), and the interface is a Steinberg UR22. Am I likely to get glitchy problems once I'm over the 8 track limit?
No problems unless you load those tracks with many heavy plug-ins and/or go with high sample rates like 88.2/96k you're totally fine with those specs.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search