The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The TG-X 50 is a large-diaphragm dynamic microphone intended for use on kick drum and other bass instruments. It is built into the case of the M 380, but differs from that mic in just about every other respect. The TG-X 50 is hypercardioid, and uses a traditional moving-coil capsule rather than a repurposed headphone driver

Discussions

best floor tom mic?

i actually like my Beyerdynamic TG-X 50. Huge and Fat. then the RE 20 will go on the Bass Cab. the RE 20 is a bit tighter. but sometimes i switch, RE-20 on Floor Tom and TG-X50 on bass. depends.... i have also used my KIWI. = H U G E !!

View Post

Beyerdynamic TGX 50 original vs mk II

From RecordingHacks: Around the year 2000, the TG-X 50 was relaunched as the TG-X 50 Mk II. The new microphone retained the body and capsule of the original, but introduced a tailored frequency response designed for kick drums. Click on this link and you can see the frequency plots and how different they are.

View Post

Beyerdynamic TGX 50 original vs mk II

Thanks, but I am merely interested in knowing there are any optical characteristics that distinguish the versions from each other. I am aware of their respective technical specs, that's exactly why I want to avoid the MKII. /Magnus

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?