The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Good $200 all-around dynamic mic mainly for snare?

Has no one mentioned the Audix i5, or have I missed it? Beyerdynamic TG D50D and V50D share a capsule, but the D50 has an eq switch option for kick and is shorter. Some decent demos on youtube, but use your eyes, they don't all have the name of the mic in the description. Check...

View Post

Tg d50d

who's using the Beyerdynamic TG D50D's for random purposes ..like 421 type duties..i have one coming..how similar is it ?

View Post

Beyerdynamic TGX 5

...to the mount (thats what happens with 609's).. my first impression was in my ears..and unfortunately it was with a TG D50d on my rack tom..- that mic sounded so frekin good.. when I went to the floor I had to raise the gain and carve out and up the fun resonite freq's ..but...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Product Description

The small all-rounder with the great sound: the TG D50d Thanks to its compact dimensions, this microphone does a great job, using it as a kick-drum or tom microphone and it works great for nearly all kinds of instruments. Just like its big brother, the TG D70d, the TG D50d has a switchable EQ integrated as well. Switching it to “LIN”, this microphone delivers a linear, natural sound without any modification. The “EQ” switch optimises it for kick-drums without any additional devices. The transducer used in the TG D50d offers the typical powerful “beyer”-sound and very high gain before feedback – thanks to its cardioid polar pattern. Shipped incl. transport bag and special microphone clamp MKV99.