The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The DT 100 series is used throughout the world for audio recording and monitoring in studios, news gathering, film and TV production and live events. The headphones are exceptionally comfortable with a soft headband and ear pads. A high level of ambient noise attenuation is achieved with the closed design of the ear cups. Rugged construction ensures reliability for many years of use. All models are available in black or grey. This is the 400-ohm grey model. ▲ Closed headphone ▲ Legendary, classic design ▲ Excellent ambient noise attenuation ▲ Capable of handling very high SPL ▲ Rugged, easy serviceable construction as all parts are replaceable ▲ Single-sided, detachable cable ▲ Circumaural ear pads ▲ Excellent comfort for long-term wearing ▲ Single-Ear version: DT 102

Discussions

Headphones - getting true to life sound?

...make everything sound great no matter how much saturation and other plugs I add, when I switch to my vintage Beyerdynamic DT100, everything sounds flat and when I listen in I-tunes with my cheap Wesc headphones all my mixes sound like I've clobbered them with too many plug ins. I know there is no such...

View Post

your recommended headphones for about $300

If you need to block out all outside noise I use the Beyerdynamic DT100 400 ohm that you can get for under $300 they are studio standards and might be a bit of overkill. I also have Grado SR60s I love the sound of those but they are an open design.

View Post

Help clarify headphone Impedance

Hi I recently got a Beyerdynamic DT100 headphone for a present . I noticed that it doesn't sound as "loud" or "clear" as some of the other headphones I have used. (But DT100 is the most comfortable). Anyway looking into it I learned that the version I have, has got impedance rating of 400...

View Post