Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Best Studio Gear (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/best-studio-gear/)
-   -   Best Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphones (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/best-studio-gear/1282691-best-large-diaphragm-condenser-microphones.html)

MichaelDroste 29th August 2020 02:08 AM

thanx :)

Dohreetoh 1st September 2020 06:40 PM

I'm not sure I would call the Peluso P12 worthy of this list. Peluso's CEK12 capsule is a lot brighter than the other CK12 inspired ones, including most if the usual Chinese made ones. Honestly I hate just about every Peluso mic I've heard. The P87 is okay sounding, but I wouldn't specifically compare it to a U87.

MichaelDroste 2nd September 2020 09:36 PM

I know that these are very different mics... looking at the WA47 - The Sony C100 - and the AT4080 Ribbon - JUST FOR VOCALS

NathanEldred 2nd September 2020 10:19 PM

Upton and Josephson should be on the list.

Coldsnow 14th September 2020 04:18 AM

Alot of mics could be on that list for sure. Alot depends on the voice that is singing into them of course. Lawson l47 come to mind. The warm wa47 sounds really good to me though. It is a nice mic for rock vocals.

MichaelDroste 14th September 2020 05:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here's a sample of his voice sings all styles my apogee was down used his scarlett and the at4050

(something weird happening to me on playback - maybe my web plugins)

ahol33 17th September 2020 10:54 AM

The Sony C-800G is definitely still in production. Why wouldn't be ? it has a build in self cooling system! how bad ass is that.

beaustep 28th September 2020 03:51 AM

The WA-47???!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... This mic doesn't belong on this list. It's not even a debate. In fact, it sounds terrible.

JoeyM 28th September 2020 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaustep (Post 15002311)
The WA-47???!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... This mic doesn't belong on this list. It's not even a debate. In fact, it sounds terrible.

The mic is fine as it were; it's just my singing makes even fingernails on blackboard sound like backup vocals :lol:

hello people 28th September 2020 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyM (Post 15003489)
The mic is fine as it were; it's just my singing makes even fingernails on blackboard sound like backup vocals :lol:

We really must get together for a duet some time. kfhkh

toofanstudio 29th September 2020 07:54 PM

Neumann - Telefunken U47
Telefunken 251 - c12

toofanstudio 29th September 2020 07:55 PM

WA-47 = joke 😩🙆🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

Rickettsia 9th October 2020 04:44 PM

I use the Neumann M 149 Tube and I can really say it is the best.

Bushman 11th October 2020 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toofanstudio (Post 15006146)
WA-47 = joke 😩🙆🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

Your point seems to be that an under $1,000 clone mic shouldn’t be on this list. Fair point, if that was your point.
But it is not such a fair point to say the WA-47 is a joke. It is a very good mic, especially at its price. I bought one and have no reason to regret the purchase or send it back.
I doubt that many audio engineers who have access to a C12 or a Neumann U47 have bothered to try a WA-47. Have you?

toofanstudio 11th October 2020 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bushman (Post 15032667)
Your point seems to be that an under $1,000 clone mic shouldn’t be on this list. Fair point, if that was your point.
But it is not such a fair point to say the WA-47 is a joke. It is a very good mic, especially at its price. I bought one and have no reason to regret the purchase or send it back.
I doubt that many audio engineers who have access to a C12 or a Neumann U47 have bothered to try a WA-47. Have you?

I think u are seeing some commercial shooting on YouTube.
Yeah , in this shooting rolls royce and economy ford focus are same . Both of them takes us to our destination. But my goal is not 1 vocal with 1 tone and 1 dynamic . I need to smart microphone who know listening nice in many distance and sounds.

Bushman 11th October 2020 10:05 PM

Seems like you didn’t answer the question.
You called the mic a joke. I asked if you had heard the mic you are trashing (meaning the actual mic, not an online sample).
Instead of answering, you are accusing me of comparing YouTube clips. As I said in my original post, I own the mic, so I have heard it in real life.
What about you? I’ll ask again in big letters...HAVE YOU ACTUALLY HEARD THE WA-47 IN REAL LIFE?

MIKEHARRIS 12th October 2020 08:24 AM

Lacking the Brauner KHE this might as well be Mr Whipples' list.
.
easily the best mic we have sold in the 48 years selling pro.

elegentdrum 12th October 2020 08:43 AM

ok, the list is only mic's in production.

Where is the Josephson and AEA and Coles.
Seams like this is an add and not a true list.

If the list is of all time, where is the U47 and M269

elegentdrum 12th October 2020 08:44 AM

ok, the list is only mic's in production.

Where is the Josephson.
Seams like this is an add and not a true list.

If the list is of all time, where is the U47 and M269

blayz2002 14th October 2020 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elegentdrum (Post 15034818)
ok, the list is only mic's in production.

Where is the Josephson.
Seams like this is an add and not a true list.

If the list is of all time, where is the U47 and M269

They typically put these lists together based on Gearslutz chatter. It’s not meant to be definitive, more indicative of some of the most popular.

Puffer Fish 15th October 2020 03:08 AM

I am not sure I even want to go down this rabbit hole with you folks, but seriously, this list is just silly. First it is way too short because I can come up with a dozen other microphones that should be on this list without thinking very hard. Second, the entire concept is subjective as "best" LDC will always be what sound best at a particular moment in time for a given task, assuming one has time and resources to conduct a shoot-out.

Ohhhhh, I am not sure I should follow this thread. abduction:facepalm:peachhfreshflowe

Master_Splinter 15th October 2020 05:41 PM

No Telefunken ELAM 251 on the list?