The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Beats/Dre Headphones: Why?

...at least the ones I have do (the first-ever model, not sure which of the current lineup is equivalent - Beats Studio maybe?). They sound sort of like a booming' car system - BIG bottom end but it's somehow controlled or compressed or something, so it's not resonating or peaking out on one...

View Post

My new studio set up!

So I now have: HP envy i5 laptop (nothing special) Protools 12.4 Audient id22 AKG c414 XL II Mackie 3" reference monitors Dre Beats studio headphones Vocal booth is treated ok not the best but not the worst. I know I need to upgrade that. With this gear and good mixing should I get an ok overall sound? Rap...

View Post

Toneboosters releases Morphit - Headphone correction plug-in

There seems to be one additional change that didn't appear in the changelog on the website: - Generic studio reference is now the target function in the 'Correct' mode and is also the default in 'Simulate' mode That might address some of the observations of accentuated high (and low) end since the previous target function in 'Correct'...

View Post