The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi All, We are building a studio in SW France: Moving my Recording Studio to France -...

soul4t
replies: 4 views: 1,625
soul4t 5th December 2011

Hi, I'm currently setting up a home mini studio (I'm 18) for vocal recording purposes We have a spare (rectangular) room with...

Stealth_Za
replies: 0 views: 1,177
Stealth_Za 5th December 2011

I want to set up a vocal booth and I was looking at sound proofing it with the foam panels panels you can buy but there are a lot...

Lewis90ToNow
replies: 3 views: 1,658
mihkelis 5th December 2011

Can anyone with a calculator show the difference between 20 cm rockwool panels of 65 kg/m3 vs. 40 kg/m3 density flushed to the...

Bjorn Omholt
replies: 3 views: 3,322
Adhoc 5th December 2011

there are waaaaay too many differing sides, variables, and opinions when it comes to material for DIY acoustical panels. i wish...

MelodyLane
replies: 3 views: 4,306
MelodyLane 4th December 2011

Hi, most rockwool I see is 40 kg/m³ . I reckon I need way less for the same amount of absorption if I take denser stuff = retain...

aquinox
replies: 2 views: 1,413
johndykstra 4th December 2011

Okay so I move a lot. Like, A LOT. I move probably once a year, so I have to make a new studio out of living rooms and...

Tango4Cash
replies: 5 views: 5,062
localhost127 3rd December 2011

I am putting together a room treatment plan that will include a combination of home made OC703/Knauf Ecose absorbers and the...

Lights
replies: 8 views: 3,303
aackthpt 2nd December 2011

I'm looking at these Auralex pArt Science diffusors, wondering if there is anything special to the construction or assembly? It...

destiny brandon
replies: 6 views: 2,835
SaSi_SiDi 2nd December 2011

Just wondering if anyone with decent knowledge/understanding of room acoustics has ever tried these ? Seem to me that they might...

serious
replies: 8 views: 4,724
serious 30th November 2011

Just curious as to what some people are doing to temporarily hang acoustical foam. I have my bass traps and my cloud in place but...

HKD126
replies: 9 views: 21,268
aackthpt 29th November 2011

ive asked this question a few times in other threads, with no response. maybe a new thread can shine some light on this...

localhost127
replies: 96 views: 10,222
DanDan 28th November 2011

I need to put some corner treatments in my room, but don't really want to do something built-in. I'm a big fan of modular,...

zemlin
replies: 6 views: 8,734
zemlin 28th November 2011

I have a rectangle room (21.83'L x 14.83'W x 8'H) but there's an additional small (3.42L x 6.75'W) rectangle on one end of the...

Aaron Miller
replies: 1 views: 1,669
Dange 28th November 2011

On a limited budget, would styrene (blue foam insulation) be useful as a sound absorption device / reflection stopper?

thelordhastits
replies: 2 views: 1,893
scottmichal 27th November 2011

I went out and bought some Roxul. (I live in the US) I will be making more DIY traps, gobos, and whatever else I have material...

RawDepth
replies: 3 views: 2,996
Radan53 27th November 2011

Hi, first post here (been lurking a while) howdy While reading through all the threads on here about what insulation panels to...

BMD
replies: 4 views: 2,046
BMD 26th November 2011

I finally got around to it... I´m making half a dozen broadband absorbers. Here´s how: First its the...

Anselmo
replies: 9 views: 13,019
AaronBrownSound 25th November 2011

Hello, In this post i want to tell you about some observations i made. In the end there is a question about perforated corner...

jrp
replies: 0 views: 1,263
jrp 25th November 2011

I'm looking to pick up some Knauf Ecose and this is the spec sheet for the variety that my local supplier has in stock. They...

Lights
replies: 11 views: 3,990
Lights 25th November 2011

Hi, I am just about finished the soundproofing of my tracking room A in my new studio and I am seeking some advise regarding how...

hally
replies: 3 views: 1,786
johndykstra 24th November 2011

hi guys, I am moving in a couple weeks and i have just purchased the last piece of gear i needed to have my perfect set up to...

SG Bandwagon
replies: 3 views: 828
SG Bandwagon 23rd November 2011

I want to use digital room correction to use minimal physical acoustic treatment. I guess I should start making acoustic...

capoeira
replies: 37 views: 8,603
Craigster 23rd November 2011

Hey folks: I know I'm going to catch a lot of **** for this but on an impulse buy with a limited-time big discount, I bought an...

Lights
replies: 0 views: 1,168
Lights 23rd November 2011

Hey guys, So I'm here looking to build a sound diffuser not so much for function but as an art piece I could put in a...

Starish
replies: 7 views: 2,193
Starish 22nd November 2011

Hi, I just bought two panels from wave acoustic in toronto. WaveAcoustic - Acoustic Panels & Bass Traps (the eliminator -...

thedommer
replies: 10 views: 2,135
Rod Gervais 21st November 2011

I promised my friend I'd try and help him so I'm coming to you guys to see if you have any suggestions to put proper acoustic...

ryst
replies: 19 views: 4,777
SörenHjalmarsson 21st November 2011

So I decided to test my room response today and Im not sure how great the result is. I already have a few panels and 3 floor to...

kickdrummer58
replies: 23 views: 1,795
Jens Eklund 19th November 2011

Hi everybody! can you please give me your opinion about this REW report in my room? Major problems are, it seems, in 80 and 170...

zerododo
replies: 1 views: 995
Glenn Kuras 18th November 2011

Let me start by saying i'm a complete noob at the technical aspects of acoustics for a room. i've done a lot of reading and...

lapdog12
replies: 4 views: 1,956
Manatee 17th November 2011

Hi, The front wall of my basement 18'x14.5'x7'-10" HT room is stepped back 8" from the lower part, with a shelf...

mikepos
replies: 3 views: 2,253
mikepos 16th November 2011

please delete need to redo this post!

mikeydavies
replies: 0 views: 848
mikeydavies 16th November 2011

It would be great if someone could shed some light with this data, pointing me the direction on what to address in this small...

andreconde
replies: 1 views: 844
Jens Eklund 16th November 2011

Primacoustic Razorblade Quadratic Diffuser I am tweaking my room with bass traps and like the look of this diffuser for the...

stumproom
replies: 3 views: 3,305
stumproom 15th November 2011

so i made a diy vocal booth with a few gik 242 panels..Just wanted to know what you guys think.

John Z
replies: 5 views: 2,300
Brutalust 14th November 2011

Can I build my panels in thin wood all the way around? Or just a frame and cotton cover like everyone else? Whats the deal?

Danny Zuko
replies: 1 views: 809
Craigster 14th November 2011

Lower density seems to be better for large triangular traps, but it's difficult to find any definite answers to how thickness and...

Bjorn Omholt
replies: 41 views: 11,016
dastrix 13th November 2011

Hi, I have been searching online on bass trap placements and there were a lot of good advice from this forum. So I wanted to...

gsandrewl
replies: 21 views: 8,403
Glenn Kuras 10th November 2011

I've called Owens Corning, got a list of potential distributors, nobody has the stuff. What else can I use? Is their not anything...

qwerty11
replies: 4 views: 3,131
KFMG 10th November 2011

Hello, I am trying to get the best solution to treat a concrete room 8 x 11 x 10 feet approx for recording classical instruments...

Dissdnt_penguin
replies: 5 views: 2,213
Dissdnt_penguin 8th November 2011

My traps will be 400mm x 400mm x 2300mm. Floor to Ceiling. I will be using 200mm on each side of the rectangle column, leaving...

dastrix
replies: 3 views: 1,142
Glenn Kuras 8th November 2011

Ethan Winer -- I know you prefer to answer questions for everyone's benefit... I own 6 of your MiniTraps. I am reconfiguring...

Craigster
replies: 5 views: 1,515
Ethan Winer 7th November 2011

Yesterday night I had an idea that is either stupid, either clever, or both. How about building a skyline diffuser made of...

Philibert
replies: 8 views: 2,485
localhost127 6th November 2011

I spent the better part of 6 months this year researching and building out acoustic treatment for my critical listening space...

redgrovesound
replies: 15 views: 2,199
ciro 6th November 2011

I have a small booth 7' x 9' x 6'8" Ceiling that I use to record Acoustic gtrs,Mandolin,uke,etc as well as electric gtrs,and...

GMo
replies: 2 views: 1,275
boggy 3rd November 2011

I've been thinking about adding acoustic treatment to my newly arranged room, which measures: 15'10'' L x 12'5'' W x 8'10''...

Inceptic
replies: 16 views: 3,085
Craigster 2nd November 2011

Question I am designing a vocal booth, I have done alot of reasearch I am not sure if I should use homestate or just put...

directaudioent
replies: 0 views: 806
directaudioent 1st November 2011

Hi all, so I've done some research and I think I've come up with a good solution for recording vocals in my spare bedroom....

dgcobb
replies: 15 views: 10,111
Craigster 1st November 2011

I remember about a year ago I seen a chart somebody put together which had the coefficients for many types of materials. It had...

qwerty11
replies: 2 views: 1,299
avare 1st November 2011

Hi all, Yet another bass trap question..... I am new to acoustics. I want to make the best out of my room before investing in...

GuitarGod
replies: 7 views: 1,581
Glenn Kuras 1st November 2011

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search