The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I'm a little confused about the bass absorption numbers for OC 703 and 705. Seems to me that for the typical 4 inch trap...

tlindaas
replies: 5 views: 3,097
amishsixstringe 15th January 2012

Hi folks, Im in the market for acoustic ceiling tiles. I have a source for 703 fabric wrapped but, I just discovered these...

bishop55
replies: 1 views: 1,605
bishop55 15th January 2012

I posted about finding a memory pad in another thread, but I thought I'd post the results of my testing in a new thread to make...

seamus james
replies: 3 views: 2,284
amishsixstringe 14th January 2012

Hey everyone, I'm currently living in a very small town in Sweden, and can purchase this locally: Isover Ultimate Protect Slab...

Christopherus
replies: 2 views: 1,165
Christopherus 12th January 2012

Hello to those with experience in bass traps, I'm trying to give some advice to a friend who wants to build his own traps in a...

mingar
replies: 18 views: 3,344
mingar 12th January 2012

So I setup my RFZ before I got into REW. I made bass traps that are up to 6" thick at their center. I even built a 3"...

JLiRD808
replies: 67 views: 8,538
Jens Eklund 12th January 2012

I have heard good things about using thick ceiling tiles for bass traps. The thickness (and density) make them absorb bass well,...

tlindaas
replies: 12 views: 5,128
tlindaas 11th January 2012

I was wondering if someone would be able to give me an idea of what/where to get fabric for our new traps. I went round my local...

Adlen
replies: 21 views: 3,230
Jomox 9th January 2012

Hi, I just purchased 8 bass traps made of 4' 703 Owens Corning insulation and I placed them in my room/studio. Is it safe to...

ssinisterra
replies: 1 views: 4,728
kasmira 9th January 2012

I am wondering if I build a QRD ( for lack of word to describe it) on a 25mm mdf board , cutting 7mm grooves on the mdf board...

audioblazer
replies: 1 views: 1,673
audioblazer 8th January 2012

I've been looking for a new tv mix/video editroom and found this: It's the first -and top- floor of an old school-building,...

pethenis
replies: 0 views: 969
pethenis 6th January 2012

checked all over for something like this, couldnt find something specific enough. - First: I'm going to build this - DIY: $10...

SG Bandwagon
replies: 4 views: 3,006
jimgue 5th January 2012

Hey guys, been browsing the forums and decided to make an account to see if anyone is able to give me some good...

rektolisk
replies: 8 views: 2,112
kasmira 5th January 2012

Hi, I've recently constructed small project studio this summer and worked on a few projects for local artists. I'm in a bit...

davecfraser
replies: 16 views: 3,238
boggy 5th January 2012

So after doing a bunch of reading about GFRs the last few days, I got to playing around with the Porous Absorber Calculator. I...

darkbuddha
replies: 7 views: 2,070
darkbuddha 4th January 2012

This is a repost from my studio construction thread. I don't think I am going to get any interesting discussion started in there...

zijon
replies: 4 views: 1,757
zijon 4th January 2012

Dear Sirs and fellow audio engineers, I hit the search function really hard but was unfortunately not able to answer my...

Mister Fox
replies: 8 views: 3,796
Mister Fox 4th January 2012

So here is the front of my studio: http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m147/kingrhythm/studio/front/front.jpg This is a closer...

kingrhythm
replies: 2 views: 2,503
kingrhythm 4th January 2012

I'm interested in purchasing some Gobos. Does anyone have experience or good advice on manufacturers? I'm looking for a...

bove
replies: 1 views: 1,116
DanDan 3rd January 2012

I'm currently doing acoustic optimization in my new studio. I'm soon finished with all the basstraps, broadband absorbers and...

Alexfrbc
replies: 7 views: 1,260
Alexfrbc 3rd January 2012

I did a search and didn't find this anywhere else so sorry if it has already been posted. A corner bass trap absorber is...

Sebg
replies: 1 views: 2,116
_Ludovico 3rd January 2012

Hi, I recieved this Arualex studio foam for Christmas. The package included two tubes (looks like cauk) of adhesive. Im curious...

freebeer187
replies: 7 views: 4,831
DanDan 1st January 2012

im in the process of building a recording booth, a "room in a room" I got a truck bed full of the foam that was once on...

Kolt45
replies: 2 views: 1,977
Kolt45 31st December 2011

I have hollow ceilings and walls so figured that it will be safest to use metal toggles to mount my bass traps. However, I am...

ZAZ
replies: 7 views: 1,924
NoPro 30th December 2011

How do they work? On what principle? I don't find the product description very informative: Is it that in the second pic what...

matt thomas
replies: 2 views: 2,864
matt thomas 28th December 2011

are there any cheap ways to build bass traps for my studio which dont involve mineral wool and arent too difficult to make?...

akhil
replies: 9 views: 1,591
akhil 28th December 2011

Hello! I actually have 2 questions, so i would start from asking about round shaped diffusers, like this:...

Tony76
replies: 16 views: 2,300
matt thomas 27th December 2011

i'm going to take some measurements of some old broadband absorbers i have lying around. They are already fully wrapped OC 703...

latestflavor
replies: 11 views: 2,255
latestflavor 22nd December 2011

The back of my room has small corners and not sure how to go about building the traps... what do you guys suggest??

rekloos
replies: 15 views: 2,368
darkbuddha 22nd December 2011

Hi guys. Have been experimenting with different absorbtion solutions in the mix room of my project/home-studio for about a year...

S Hardin
replies: 6 views: 1,191
Chris 21st December 2011

Hey folks: Building 4" thick bass trap panels with Knauf Ecose 703-equivalent fiberboard and a simple wood frame this...

Lights
replies: 15 views: 11,926
darkbuddha 20th December 2011

I've been recommending broadband absorbers as a more useful upgrade than converters, preamps, or even mics. One of the common...

Fran Guidry
replies: 1 views: 1,267
Glenn Kuras 20th December 2011

Would it be effective to layer 1.5" OC703 (3.8 pcf) with 3" Roxul S&S (2.5 pcf) for bass traps and/or broadband...

darkbuddha
replies: 7 views: 1,268
kasmira 20th December 2011

just curious as to how you'd actually fasten unfaced R-30 to the ceilings? assuming that i'd be covering 100% of the...

PAPAYAMON
replies: 14 views: 2,096
avare 18th December 2011

So what would be the effects of putting a half cylinder of dense reflective material all around the room at ear level?

gtzack4
replies: 9 views: 5,040
gtzack4 17th December 2011

My ceiling in my small home studio is only 7'4" and the other room dimensions are 10' x 12'. I have good bass traps...

CAGuy
replies: 3 views: 2,090
CAGuy 17th December 2011

In Sound on Sound's article here: Room For Improvement They say: I was contemplating using 4" of 3PCF Knauf...

Lights
replies: 0 views: 1,380
Lights 17th December 2011

Hey everyone! I have build some heavy duty acoustic panels quite similar to these http://bit.ly/uFNoQa Mine are 160 x 100 x...

Vank
replies: 5 views: 3,130
kasmira 17th December 2011

Why do folks think about this? Building 5 panel traps now and would like to know if I should go with a variable or fixed air...

Lights
replies: 7 views: 4,528
Lights 15th December 2011

what is the frequency range of the typical male speaking voice? i'm at the point where i need to pick materials for the interior...

PAPAYAMON
replies: 4 views: 3,928
FLZapped 15th December 2011

i found a source for this for $1.20 a sq ft. they are 2 ft x 4 ft sheets. i was hoping to mount directly to the ceiling by...

PAPAYAMON
replies: 9 views: 6,333
PAPAYAMON 14th December 2011

Hi mates!My first post here so welcome for me heh So i have a problem.First of all my room is too small.I have to notice that the...

psymind
replies: 5 views: 1,852
Glenn Kuras 13th December 2011

I've got a few modes in my room that cluster between 100 and 140 Hz. With my desk in its required position for tracking I end up...

DrFrankencopter
replies: 2 views: 1,724
DrFrankencopter 12th December 2011

I have searched and read a lot on bass traps the last days. Now I have a couple of small questions howdy I can buy some cheap...

Jadestar
replies: 5 views: 3,078
DanDan 12th December 2011

I've identified a few odd-shaped corners as bass trap candidates and I'm struggling with the best way to treat them. As you can...

Lights
replies: 11 views: 4,918
Funkster 11th December 2011

I'm embarking on the slow process of treating my basement project studio. One of the treatments I'm employing is home-made...

Lights
replies: 2 views: 1,065
Lights 11th December 2011

My ceiling slopes down on one end about 17" Not sure of the angle… Should I make this the front of the studio above the...

kingrhythm
replies: 4 views: 2,212
nms 10th December 2011

Hello! I have searched quite a bit around the forum and haven't seen my exact situation posted, so i wanted to ask for some...

Cb Media
replies: 3 views: 1,028
Glenn Kuras 8th December 2011

I found these online. I want to know how many of these sheets would I need to make a bass trap??

TeamContra
replies: 5 views: 1,943
TeamContra 7th December 2011

Hello all, I'm currently living in Korea and want to continue my hobby of producing music. I recently bough some KRK rokkit 5's...

bluegold
replies: 0 views: 1,037
bluegold 7th December 2011

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search