The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This is a repost from my studio construction thread. I don't think I am going to get any interesting discussion started in there...

zijon
replies: 4 views: 1,747
zijon 4th January 2012

Dear Sirs and fellow audio engineers, I hit the search function really hard but was unfortunately not able to answer my...

Mister Fox
replies: 8 views: 3,778
Mister Fox 4th January 2012

So here is the front of my studio: http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m147/kingrhythm/studio/front/front.jpg This is a closer...

kingrhythm
replies: 2 views: 2,483
kingrhythm 4th January 2012

I'm interested in purchasing some Gobos. Does anyone have experience or good advice on manufacturers? I'm looking for a...

bove
replies: 1 views: 1,105
DanDan 3rd January 2012

I'm currently doing acoustic optimization in my new studio. I'm soon finished with all the basstraps, broadband absorbers and...

Alexfrbc
replies: 7 views: 1,251
Alexfrbc 3rd January 2012

I did a search and didn't find this anywhere else so sorry if it has already been posted. A corner bass trap absorber is...

Sebg
replies: 1 views: 2,104
_Ludovico 3rd January 2012

Hi, I recieved this Arualex studio foam for Christmas. The package included two tubes (looks like cauk) of adhesive. Im curious...

freebeer187
replies: 7 views: 4,817
DanDan 1st January 2012

im in the process of building a recording booth, a "room in a room" I got a truck bed full of the foam that was once on...

Kolt45
replies: 2 views: 1,962
Kolt45 31st December 2011

I have hollow ceilings and walls so figured that it will be safest to use metal toggles to mount my bass traps. However, I am...

ZAZ
replies: 7 views: 1,906
NoPro 30th December 2011

How do they work? On what principle? I don't find the product description very informative: Is it that in the second pic what...

matt thomas
replies: 2 views: 2,849
matt thomas 28th December 2011

are there any cheap ways to build bass traps for my studio which dont involve mineral wool and arent too difficult to make?...

akhil
replies: 9 views: 1,576
akhil 28th December 2011

Hello! I actually have 2 questions, so i would start from asking about round shaped diffusers, like this:...

Tony76
replies: 16 views: 2,287
matt thomas 27th December 2011

i'm going to take some measurements of some old broadband absorbers i have lying around. They are already fully wrapped OC 703...

latestflavor
replies: 11 views: 2,237
latestflavor 22nd December 2011

The back of my room has small corners and not sure how to go about building the traps... what do you guys suggest??

rekloos
replies: 15 views: 2,345
darkbuddha 22nd December 2011

Hi guys. Have been experimenting with different absorbtion solutions in the mix room of my project/home-studio for about a year...

S Hardin
replies: 6 views: 1,181
Chris 21st December 2011

Hey folks: Building 4" thick bass trap panels with Knauf Ecose 703-equivalent fiberboard and a simple wood frame this...

Lights
replies: 15 views: 11,794
darkbuddha 20th December 2011

I've been recommending broadband absorbers as a more useful upgrade than converters, preamps, or even mics. One of the common...

Fran Guidry
replies: 1 views: 1,257
Glenn Kuras 20th December 2011

Would it be effective to layer 1.5" OC703 (3.8 pcf) with 3" Roxul S&S (2.5 pcf) for bass traps and/or broadband...

darkbuddha
replies: 7 views: 1,251
kasmira 20th December 2011

just curious as to how you'd actually fasten unfaced R-30 to the ceilings? assuming that i'd be covering 100% of the...

PAPAYAMON
replies: 14 views: 2,077
avare 18th December 2011

So what would be the effects of putting a half cylinder of dense reflective material all around the room at ear level?

gtzack4
replies: 9 views: 5,025
gtzack4 17th December 2011

My ceiling in my small home studio is only 7'4" and the other room dimensions are 10' x 12'. I have good bass traps...

CAGuy
replies: 3 views: 2,082
CAGuy 17th December 2011

In Sound on Sound's article here: Room For Improvement They say: I was contemplating using 4" of 3PCF Knauf...

Lights
replies: 0 views: 1,370
Lights 17th December 2011

Hey everyone! I have build some heavy duty acoustic panels quite similar to these http://bit.ly/uFNoQa Mine are 160 x 100 x...

Vank
replies: 5 views: 3,114
kasmira 17th December 2011

Why do folks think about this? Building 5 panel traps now and would like to know if I should go with a variable or fixed air...

Lights
replies: 7 views: 4,517
Lights 15th December 2011

what is the frequency range of the typical male speaking voice? i'm at the point where i need to pick materials for the interior...

PAPAYAMON
replies: 4 views: 3,911
FLZapped 15th December 2011

i found a source for this for $1.20 a sq ft. they are 2 ft x 4 ft sheets. i was hoping to mount directly to the ceiling by...

PAPAYAMON
replies: 9 views: 6,282
PAPAYAMON 14th December 2011

Hi mates!My first post here so welcome for me heh So i have a problem.First of all my room is too small.I have to notice that the...

psymind
replies: 5 views: 1,842
Glenn Kuras 13th December 2011

I've got a few modes in my room that cluster between 100 and 140 Hz. With my desk in its required position for tracking I end up...

DrFrankencopter
replies: 2 views: 1,708
DrFrankencopter 12th December 2011

I have searched and read a lot on bass traps the last days. Now I have a couple of small questions howdy I can buy some cheap...

Jadestar
replies: 5 views: 3,068
DanDan 12th December 2011

I've identified a few odd-shaped corners as bass trap candidates and I'm struggling with the best way to treat them. As you can...

Lights
replies: 11 views: 4,838
Funkster 11th December 2011

I'm embarking on the slow process of treating my basement project studio. One of the treatments I'm employing is home-made...

Lights
replies: 2 views: 1,053
Lights 11th December 2011

My ceiling slopes down on one end about 17" Not sure of the angle… Should I make this the front of the studio above the...

kingrhythm
replies: 4 views: 2,196
nms 10th December 2011

Hello! I have searched quite a bit around the forum and haven't seen my exact situation posted, so i wanted to ask for some...

Cb Media
replies: 3 views: 1,018
Glenn Kuras 8th December 2011

I found these online. I want to know how many of these sheets would I need to make a bass trap??

TeamContra
replies: 5 views: 1,936
TeamContra 7th December 2011

Hello all, I'm currently living in Korea and want to continue my hobby of producing music. I recently bough some KRK rokkit 5's...

bluegold
replies: 0 views: 1,028
bluegold 7th December 2011

I am planning to build a corner pannel trap from floor to ceiling, wide 100cm (39 inch) and thick 11cm (4 inch). is it too wide?...

bebbo
replies: 1 views: 1,173
Glenn Kuras 6th December 2011

I have quit a lot of treatment in my live room. I need more low bass trapping but I don't want to absord more mids or highs. As a...

sunship
replies: 2 views: 1,295
sunship 5th December 2011

Hi All, We are building a studio in SW France: Moving my Recording Studio to France -...

soul4t
replies: 4 views: 1,654
soul4t 5th December 2011

Hi, I'm currently setting up a home mini studio (I'm 18) for vocal recording purposes We have a spare (rectangular) room with...

Stealth_Za
replies: 0 views: 1,201
Stealth_Za 5th December 2011

I want to set up a vocal booth and I was looking at sound proofing it with the foam panels panels you can buy but there are a lot...

Lewis90ToNow
replies: 3 views: 1,681
mihkelis 5th December 2011

Can anyone with a calculator show the difference between 20 cm rockwool panels of 65 kg/m3 vs. 40 kg/m3 density flushed to the...

Bjorn Omholt
replies: 3 views: 3,435
Adhoc 5th December 2011

there are waaaaay too many differing sides, variables, and opinions when it comes to material for DIY acoustical panels. i wish...

MelodyLane
replies: 3 views: 4,381
MelodyLane 4th December 2011

Hi, most rockwool I see is 40 kg/m³ . I reckon I need way less for the same amount of absorption if I take denser stuff = retain...

aquinox
replies: 2 views: 1,441
johndykstra 4th December 2011

Okay so I move a lot. Like, A LOT. I move probably once a year, so I have to make a new studio out of living rooms and...

Tango4Cash
replies: 5 views: 5,149
localhost127 3rd December 2011

I am putting together a room treatment plan that will include a combination of home made OC703/Knauf Ecose absorbers and the...

Lights
replies: 8 views: 3,334
aackthpt 2nd December 2011

I'm looking at these Auralex pArt Science diffusors, wondering if there is anything special to the construction or assembly? It...

destiny brandon
replies: 6 views: 2,880
SaSi_SiDi 2nd December 2011

Just wondering if anyone with decent knowledge/understanding of room acoustics has ever tried these ? Seem to me that they might...

serious
replies: 8 views: 4,843
serious 30th November 2011

Just curious as to what some people are doing to temporarily hang acoustical foam. I have my bass traps and my cloud in place but...

HKD126
replies: 9 views: 22,003
aackthpt 29th November 2011

ive asked this question a few times in other threads, with no response. maybe a new thread can shine some light on this...

localhost127
replies: 96 views: 10,363
DanDan 28th November 2011

I need to put some corner treatments in my room, but don't really want to do something built-in. I'm a big fan of modular,...

zemlin
replies: 6 views: 8,886
zemlin 28th November 2011

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search