The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I just setup my little project studio and have figured out the room issues to some degree. The most obvious problem is a big...

Igotsoul4u
replies: 4 views: 2,517
Ethan Winer 16th August 2007

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has any experience recording (vocals, acoustic guitar, sax) in on of these booths? I'm wondering...

jamwerks
replies: 10 views: 5,905
Ethan Winer 14th August 2007

just ordered me some ready bags from readyacoustics.com. decided to go with the bags cuz it was at a great price considering the...

theblotted
replies: 51 views: 9,008
theblotted 11th August 2007

Hello people! I am building a rehearsal studio, and I'm trying to determine whether or not it would be more efficient to use the...

rockstar_josh
replies: 4 views: 1,607
Glenn Kuras 10th August 2007

sorry for the long post, but i'm going nuts. so here i am.. (see crap drawing.) any help laying out the control room...

r0ck1r0ck2
replies: 10 views: 1,461
orksnork 8th August 2007

That's right, yet another bass trapping thread. If you're sick of them, my apologies. I recently DIY'd nine 6" bass traps,...

weemies
replies: 20 views: 2,495
megl 7th August 2007

I've been building some new broadband absorbers recently. My first batch last year were pretty awful if I'm honest, but these...

TEMAS
replies: 20 views: 3,230
Ethan Winer 6th August 2007

I need suggestions for sound absorption for my home studio (room is dedicated to studio). SEE...

sheepforwheat
replies: 4 views: 2,542
wrgkmc 2nd August 2007

Hi there, I'm starting a home studio in a 4 x 4 meters space with one wall a bit tilted because of the roof. Here's one...

androne
replies: 13 views: 2,029
yumdrum 20th July 2007

so in the next few weeks i am going to be building some acoustic panels using owens corning 703 and all that jazz. i was...

up and at them
replies: 11 views: 7,964
Joel DuBay 10th July 2007

Other than making everything myself using rockwool are there any places that sell good quality absorber panels or bass traps in...

-Q-
replies: 9 views: 4,946
Ethan Winer 9th July 2007

Hello everyone.. I'm looking for a little advice on how to deal with the ceiling in what will soon be my new "mixing post...

kkfaudio
replies: 10 views: 2,539
kkfaudio 9th June 2007

I'm ready to treat my room with an auralex kit and need some advice on non-permanent installation techniques. I'm told that the...

chrisrulesmore
replies: 25 views: 7,146
Jonathan Starr 7th June 2007

Hi all- I've just finished a new home studio build and things have gone quite well on the whole. Here's what was done,...

infiniteposse
replies: 13 views: 2,106
Audio_Vault 4th June 2007

Hi guys, I'm Looking to put together my own home recording studio to do everything from pre to post production mastering for...

overturfa
replies: 10 views: 3,056
Stevil 18th May 2007

I just found a company that sells rock wool in my town. I ordered the 8lb stuff and then found out the density is really not the...

Ramchandra
replies: 2 views: 3,469
Psyentific 18th May 2007

I designed and built some OC-703 acoustic panel wall mounts for less than $10 each using (oak-faced) 1/2 inch plywood, a...

homestudioguy
replies: 8 views: 5,503
drBill 11th May 2007

hey guys, I have been building this mix room for an institution over the past few weeks. I thought I would post some pics of the...

Switchcraft
replies: 8 views: 3,107
Led 11th May 2007

Hello, i just wanted to know if anyone's been using these and it's effect. seems to be budget acoustic treatment goodies but not...

vacantsonar
replies: 4 views: 5,649
Jack Pettit 9th May 2007

I need some help on building my own bass traps and high frequency absorbers for my room. I was planning on buying them but i've...

Versatile255
replies: 14 views: 3,069
Glenn Kuras 9th May 2007

I have been doing the research and reading up regarding diffusors, absorbers, etc, and want to take some approach to treating my...

dnaflr2
replies: 8 views: 7,063
Ethan Winer 4th May 2007

I need to treat my room. Its only 2m X 3m so get lots of reflection. I'm renting so can't go glueing foam to the walls. Does...

Dave12345
replies: 13 views: 2,556
bpape 30th April 2007

I'm building a vocal booth and unfortunately it must be small. It's 2' 8" by 4' 1". I mix a lot tracks where the...

Bump Music
replies: 2 views: 4,851
Ethan Winer 27th April 2007

I have 4" 703 panels in wall corners and ceiling/wall corners. I now need to treat ceiling and walls. What thickness is...

JPM
replies: 8 views: 8,069
George Necola 15th April 2007

I have $300 to spend. Your thoughts (If you have any).

kirkjoe
replies: 17 views: 8,739
Glenn Kuras 6th April 2007

My control room is 10' wide 20' deep with 8' (ugh) ceilings. The room is setup longways So my monitors are setup about 3 feet...

SHIRK
replies: 2 views: 1,113
Glenn Kuras 1st April 2007

Hello everyone, After some weeks of reading lot of stuff here and in other place on the web about acoustic, I'm still asking...

Long_Shaded_Eye
replies: 16 views: 1,613
Long_Shaded_Eye 1st April 2007

I'm looking for a good space for a small studio/depot/rehearsal area. I just wondered if it is possible to place a studio next...

StringMike
replies: 14 views: 1,965
StringMike 14th March 2007

What Is Good Acoustic Treatment Too You Mean? ex. Where to set up the foam or Isolation?

AnAverageJoe
replies: 15 views: 1,503
AnAverageJoe 9th March 2007

I frequent a home theater forum avsforums.com and the guys there each start a thread that follows the progress of their home...

foolsfortune
replies: 1 views: 964
Hulk 7th March 2007

Hi again all! Only my second thread, and I've pretty much spent all day looking over other threads for an answer to my question -...

Spikeh
replies: 20 views: 1,892
Spikeh 7th March 2007

Hi guys Im a bit clueless when it comes to acoustics, but one thing that I do know is... my rooms sound bad. I've got two...

poseidonmusic
replies: 6 views: 1,925
Ethan Winer 17th February 2007

hello! i am looking for a ceiling covering to absorb outgoing noise and shape for better acoustic in my small/middle sized...

cemski
replies: 4 views: 1,310
thecount_x 11th February 2007

Unfortunately, my bedroom studio is in a box 12x12x8. I originally had my mixing position along one corner (not facing it, but...

doando
replies: 6 views: 2,009
mltamisin 9th February 2007

I dont have a lot of room to work with. I know its best to hang a cloud from the ceiling rather then attaching it directly. So my...

Chaotic
replies: 20 views: 3,670
toledo3 4th February 2007

hi guys, anyone had any experience with WavePanels acoustic treatment? www.wavepanels.com It's a bunch cheaper than stuff...

dee why
replies: 10 views: 4,382
lebouche 3rd February 2007

Hello, everyone. I've been lurking (and learning) here for awhile and look up to alot of you guys/gals. I'm about to build a...

Tone Monster
replies: 2 views: 1,294
Tone Monster 30th January 2007

HI! I am thinking to use Owens Corning 703 and 705 Rigid Fiberglass Boards and wrap them with a good fabrics that let pass the...

neon
replies: 10 views: 3,382
Acoustic Cloud 22nd January 2007

hey ya'll, i'm moving around my house trying to figure out where will be best to set up my rig for the next few weeks while i...

myshkin
replies: 7 views: 1,673
Ethan Winer 15th January 2007

I ve got some questions concerning self-build basstraps. First of all I built a frame ouf of wood. Dont know the exact size...

Str1ker
replies: 10 views: 4,822
Str1ker 8th January 2007

hello all. im renovating my 150yr old new orleans home and will be redo-ing all of the electrical. i will have my attic set...

pentajigga
replies: 24 views: 10,324
borism 27th December 2006

Is anyone here using acoustic solutions from Thomann? They have this T.Acoustik line of...

rodhmos
replies: 2 views: 4,697
bendecido 9th December 2006

Gonna start treating my recording room and read in Mr Winer's article that covering the entire ceiling with 703 is good. But have...

caliban
replies: 6 views: 8,844
Ethan Winer 1st December 2006

My wife and I just bought our first home, and I will be making one of the bedrooms into a single room studio. There is one area...

ericdevine
replies: 9 views: 6,282
Ethan Winer 18th November 2006

Hi! anybody have a great acoustic treatment solution?tried any of that packages I mean did you tryany of th kits from RPG,...

AMIEL
replies: 5 views: 2,089
AMIEL 17th November 2006

alrighty, i remember some time ago reading about a manufacturer of acoustic panels that was offering the ability to have any...

dubrichie
replies: 4 views: 3,353
dubrichie 15th November 2006

I'm looking to get my new studio space working, at the moment its unusable, about 2.5sec RT60 Can anyone suggest some...

Broken
replies: 11 views: 11,659
Broken 14th November 2006

i have two questions for all of you guys who are knowledgeable about room acoustics...thanks in advance!!! my producing/mixing...

themaestro
replies: 4 views: 2,027
Ethan Winer 1st November 2006

I've been preparing my control room (in the basement) for the arrival of my acoustic panels, and I've been doing A LOT of...

Geddyleewannabe
replies: 9 views: 4,116
antiguru 9th October 2006

alrighty, i recently built a bunch of traps for my bands rehearsal / recording space and they are working wonderfully! i...

dubrichie
replies: 5 views: 2,001
recky 2nd October 2006

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search