The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Here's the situation. I moved to a new room recently and on the menu next week is treating the control room back wall. It's a...

gainreduction
replies: 14 views: 1,412
Glenn Kuras 17th October 2007

I've been searching some time now to find some good acoustic panels which are reasonably priced. All I could ever come up with...

tjkili
replies: 8 views: 3,316
bass man 16th October 2007

I'm (unfortunately) faced with a scenario where I have to place my studio desk setup and Gennie 8030As very close to (right up...

urlmonro
replies: 5 views: 1,469
urlmonro 16th October 2007

First post. I am planning to build a real pro-sounding studio within the next year or so. Beginning of summer 08' i will start...

Wlcmtothejungle
replies: 12 views: 1,384
Ethan Winer 15th October 2007

After knocking a wall out in my control room, I've now got chronic bass problems (around 130hz mainly) and bass traps (Auralex...

rjay
replies: 2 views: 965
rjay 15th October 2007

Anybody have any opinions or experience with these to cut...

rockinrocker
replies: 1 views: 2,095
Ethan Winer 14th October 2007

how do you handle it? what are your secrets?

spoonie g
replies: 7 views: 1,173
vernier 10th October 2007

Hello, I'm converting a 600mm deep inbuilt wardrobe into a bass / mid trap and am contemplating bowing the slats into a convex...

Banjo
replies: 3 views: 2,234
Ethan Winer 10th October 2007

I'm looking for an acoustically transparent fabric for broadband absorption panels, will be used for bass traps and mid to high...

Tobers2313
replies: 9 views: 11,459
mmcfarlane 10th October 2007

I've been posting trying for some solutions other than acoustic treatment to try and tame a room. I have a pretty SH$^ty...

Antagonist
replies: 14 views: 2,247
willerichey 8th October 2007

Hi guys, I need a little help choosing where best to place my monitors in my room. The room has a weird design which i've tried...

Getafix
replies: 9 views: 1,689
Glenn Kuras 8th October 2007

Hi guys ... I am putting the last touches on my home studio .. I have a question for those with expertise in room treatment .....

activexjava
replies: 3 views: 6,788
Glenn Kuras 8th October 2007

Hey everyone, I have been lurking on this forum for a while and finally decided to post for once. I am currently in the...

Murasamee
replies: 13 views: 1,953
johnwayne 7th October 2007

hi, well i went on the proyect of building my own bass traps (after reading lots of threads) im almost there, but i have one last...

analog modeling
replies: 14 views: 1,956
Ethan Winer 4th October 2007

Control room is: 11'3" wide by 17'10" long by 8'1" high. It sounds pretty good right now at the couch and mix...

mmcfarlane
replies: 11 views: 7,311
bpape 3rd October 2007

just wondering if anyone knows how, materials, dimensions, etc... thanks!

jsswtpmp182
replies: 2 views: 13,091
Ethan Winer 3rd October 2007

So I had built a control room with the intention of putting the desk so that if you look to your right, the window into the live...

wyattt
replies: 1 views: 938
Ethan Winer 1st October 2007

I just moved to a new location...my new contol room dimensions are 10 X 10 X 12 feet. Eeek. My old room was near golden...

BlueRadio
replies: 2 views: 1,052

My new control room is not designed well by any means... mostly because I didn't want to destroy my walls, and I wanted to be...

Bump Music
replies: 17 views: 5,883

Hey all, Just giving all the local slutz a heads up. We're currently renovating the former DAM Recording space in Chicago's...

Audionaut
replies: 5 views: 1,769
Audionaut 30th September 2007

I just ordered a few acoustic panels. I don't want to wall-mount them. I'm looking for a free standing solution for a small...

backtothemusic
replies: 13 views: 4,029
Paul David 29th September 2007

HI everyone, I generated this room data using the technique described on RealTraps - Test Tone CD . I am a hobbyist, I have my...

ChaNce144
replies: 3 views: 1,212
ChaNce144 28th September 2007

I'm wondering if anyone here knows of any good places in the Minneapolis area to get a room treated? I've searched but I'd like...

jsswtpmp182
replies: 1 views: 1,484
Ethan Winer 27th September 2007

Acoustic treatment is expensive, and in the last few years, it's been a fast-growing business. With all these happy customer...

Lunatique
replies: 33 views: 2,990
Glenn Kuras 27th September 2007

So, it looks like the cost of the ATS for 6 24x48x2 panels (ATS Acoustic Panel 24x48x2) is about $110 cheaper (price comparison...

wolfsbayne
replies: 25 views: 13,651
Glenn Kuras 26th September 2007

doing my reading up on room treatment and i am wondering if i should do the front wall first? it seems the most logical thing to...

maskedman72
replies: 7 views: 3,874
Ethan Winer 24th September 2007

Hey Guys, Does anyone know any companies that offer a decent colour range for acoustic fabric for the studio? I'm based in the...

RAH
replies: 8 views: 2,200
lowfreq33 24th September 2007

I e-mailed Ethan about this, but he'd rather me put it here so the whole world can be helped :) I need to handle sub bass in...

djui5
replies: 38 views: 6,595
rara114 22nd September 2007

Time has come for me to start taming my room's acoustics. I haven't done any measurements yet in the room, but I can tell you...

esaias
replies: 7 views: 2,232
esaias 21st September 2007

This would be consultation work for the construction of a mid to hi end 16 track digital facility in an existing instituional...

Farmerbrown2200
replies: 2 views: 1,229
big country 19th September 2007

Hi guys, I'm looking for a cheap source of acoustic foam in the uk to build into the walls and behind the diffusors in my...

RAH
replies: 22 views: 3,716
Ethan Winer 18th September 2007

The other post going on about room build is very interesting but I would like to through a curve into this. What if you had...

draudio2u
replies: 1 views: 1,056
Cellotron 15th September 2007

Just got my panels from: GIK ACOUSTICS i have to say this is excellent value, very well done. ciao!

DavidKakon
replies: 5 views: 2,181
Glenn Kuras 14th September 2007

G'day all! I am going to get some real traps for both my control room and recording room. My control room is nearly 10 foot deep...

Paddlepop lion
replies: 10 views: 1,038
Paddlepop lion 11th September 2007

I'm about readying to apply the first layer of sheetrock on my ceiling in my one room studio. My question is this: When...

ScottyD
replies: 1 views: 1,363
Ethan Winer 10th September 2007

you know the wonders of surfing led me to this . http://www.bobgolds.com/DifuserKgveteran/home.htm you have to hand it to...

mahasandi
replies: 17 views: 13,432
AdamZuf 8th September 2007

Hi Everyone, First of all want to say thanks to everyone in this forum so far that has helped me make my studio decisions. I am...

b_karv
replies: 2 views: 1,656
Glenn Kuras 4th September 2007

We found a new place for the studio recently and we will start building and stuff soon. I'd like to get some tips on how to go...

tgs
replies: 2 views: 1,038
Ethan Winer 4th September 2007

I've got a small room (formerly a large closet) that I use as a recording "booth." It's relatively soundproof,...

RBowlin
replies: 10 views: 1,347
Ethan Winer 2nd September 2007

Hey all, I need some assistance with placement of foam absorbers in my home studio. I know this topic has been addressed many...

jasonare
replies: 9 views: 1,358
beyarecords 28th August 2007

I am building out a studio in my attic and looking to save about $3k by opting for carpet instead of hardwoods. I record guitar...

Resonant Alien
replies: 18 views: 8,320
Sugarnutz 27th August 2007

Musicians friends is having an end of summer clearance sale. They are selling the Auralex Studio Foam Designer Kit for $99. 32...

ScottyD
replies: 14 views: 10,393
jmcdaniel_ee 24th August 2007

so i just bout some acoustic foam for my booth, i have the mic pointed at the corner of the room where the foam is? is that good...

TheInnerCircle4
replies: 20 views: 3,355
hurd300403 23rd August 2007

Just curious as to what is the "BEST" sounding control room and recording area -and - WHY ?? Is it because of size,...

tonymite
replies: 5 views: 3,976
Ethan Winer 22nd August 2007

So me and my friend are starting a studio, and need help with where to place acoustic treatment, and what to buy/make. I have...

briefcasemanx
replies: 21 views: 1,438
Jason Jones 21st August 2007

Me again diddlydoo So with some changes to accomodation here, I'm looking to renovate a new live room... It's a small room -...

Iain Hutch
replies: 4 views: 5,508
Ethan Winer 19th August 2007

Hi all, I've gone the DIY route with some acoustic traps. I'm wrapping up my first phase of this project soon and about to...

Ryuben
replies: 3 views: 3,392
Ryuben 19th August 2007

I just setup my little project studio and have figured out the room issues to some degree. The most obvious problem is a big...

Igotsoul4u
replies: 4 views: 2,507
Ethan Winer 16th August 2007

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has any experience recording (vocals, acoustic guitar, sax) in on of these booths? I'm wondering...

jamwerks
replies: 10 views: 5,899
Ethan Winer 14th August 2007

just ordered me some ready bags from readyacoustics.com. decided to go with the bags cuz it was at a great price considering the...

theblotted
replies: 51 views: 8,979
theblotted 11th August 2007

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search