The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

My dad and I are fed up with peaks and null in the mix and tracking room in our studio. We've decided to build 24 - 2'X4'...

Jason Poulin
replies: 137 views: 175,443
johannburkard 29th August 2018

Hi! There seems to be alot of talk about bass trapping on the board right now so I thought it was a good idea to post some...

Cojo
replies: 1,359 views: 1,007,314
Pteradactylist 7th December 2017

Today i started a project to build some quadratic residue diffusers. Overall not a difficult project--even though i used only...

jeremycox
replies: 121 views: 180,344
philsaudio 21st February 2017

Question: Are VPRs a good way to treat SBIR problems? Preamble: I've recently came out of 3-year depression about my previous...

Galaxy Wizard
replies: 0 views: 117
Galaxy Wizard 3 days ago

I've built numerous porous absorbers, membrane absorbers, Helmholtz absorbers, and VPRs within the last years always wondering...

G. E.
replies: 298 views: 74,280
Galaxy Wizard 4 days ago

Im about to go on a crazy read/research fest looking up how to build tuned membrane traps, but if anyone has a link, any images,...

JLiRD808
replies: 21 views: 8,905
HCMarkus 5 days ago

I'd like to convert a broadband absorber (135 cm x 110 xm x 40cm (depth)) on my front wall made of 30cm of Rockwool Roulrock...

JayPee
replies: 1 views: 205
JayPee 5 days ago

Hi, I'm using a lot of this stuff in a small space, - clouds, wall panels, corner panels,.... My question is, considering the...

hywyn
replies: 14 views: 5,140
yokiuna 6 days ago

Hello, I have an 18 m2 listening room.In order to adress a 20 db pic at 60 hz (vertical mode) i have used successfully 12 BBC...

charles sabbah
replies: 9 views: 3,365
PaulRain 1 week ago

In planning for sound absorption in my little home space i had a thought and thought id run it past you guys who know about this...

douglass
replies: 0 views: 164
douglass 1 week ago

Hi, I have my studio in the loft with sloping ceiling and a mostly glass wall at opposite end. What's the best approach to...

orbita
replies: 0 views: 161
orbita 1 week ago

How do you mount foam on a wall? The wall is painted sheetrock...the foam is cheapo Auralex-looking stuff. I've tried two...

springs
replies: 43 views: 180,625
daskar101 1 week ago

I would like to see a discussion on this and to see more clearly the benefits and drawbacks of different types of treatment. I...

Bjorn Omholt
replies: 85 views: 33,763
JayPee 1 week ago

Have been wondering about this for a while... Whenever you are out at a party & the music is loud, if you are holding an...

kevin nowhow
replies: 15 views: 2,665
Granny Nakajima 1 week ago

In this thread amongst other things; Great points Demetris. I find amazing how ignorant people here are of the speed of...

avare
replies: 20 views: 7,341
PaulRain 1 week ago

After having built and used quite a few DIY diffusors for the last 2 years I'd like to share some thoughts on my newest (and most...

G. E.
replies: 507 views: 309,982
housegezeichnet 2 weeks ago

Hi folks, I've got some ATC SCM110ASL Pros on order. I'll be making my own custom stands for them. Could anyone suggest...

I.R.Baboon
replies: 2 views: 222
dinococcus 2 weeks ago

Hi gearslutz, I was browsing around and I stumbled upon a picture of a Binary Amplitude diffuser, does anyone know how to make...

jrubbernek
replies: 105 views: 52,477
housegezeichnet 2 weeks ago

I don't really understand the math behind the skyline diffusors so I want to follow a plan which gives the sizes for each piece. ...

morebutter
replies: 25 views: 11,818
takman 2 weeks ago

I'm looking for Owens Corning 705 or something very similar for my control room. The only issue remaining after treating the room...

PaulMac
replies: 0 views: 188
PaulMac 2 weeks ago

I have a closet in one corner of my studio and it’s so far been a pain to design acoustic treatment around. Then last night I...

brownerthanu
replies: 2 views: 238
ctothej123 3 weeks ago

I’m considering putting my 703 panels in plastic to reduce fiber shedding. I move a lot and I would prefer to not have to worry...

brownerthanu
replies: 2 views: 263
brownerthanu 3 weeks ago

I'm moving into a new apartment and for the first time in my life I will be above someone... so obviously I'm concerned about...

CPhoenix
replies: 1 views: 429
sruinsulation 3 weeks ago

I've browsed this site for a few days, I have a couple questions on fabricating a corner bass trap. I have seen a few builds...

adauphin
replies: 1 views: 333
adauphin 3 weeks ago

I wanted to build some acoustic panels and bass traps for my studio....now the acoustic panels look really easy to make, but the...

gearhead1
replies: 3 views: 499
akebrake 3 weeks ago

I’m building my acoustic treatments. They are 16x14x6 (interior dimensions). I have purchased speaker cloth for the facing....

radiumking
replies: 0 views: 205
radiumking 3 weeks ago

I may be getting ready to make some bass traps/absorbers for my small venue.... OC703 is not available in Thailand, so I'm going...

Parsnip
replies: 3 views: 838
W4u 4 weeks ago

Nothing too important, just wondering...does mineral wool have any of the 'itching' qualities of fibergalss? Just bought some, ...

MikeFFG
replies: 12 views: 7,048
elgordito 4 weeks ago

Im planning to do a QRD 1D for the back of my room ( My small production room ) 120 cm (W) x 60 (H) x 15 cm So I came up with...

JayPee
replies: 17 views: 352
Jens Eklund 14th October 2018

Desk Reflections Solved Reflections off my desk were driving me totally nuts. I’d be mixing a track, would move my head...

Subs
replies: 3 views: 1,715
Subs 14th October 2018

I recently added quite a bit of treatment to my small control room,.. 9.5' wide x 14' long x 8' high. I have SuperChunks ( made...

LSP
replies: 5 views: 379
Temple of Light 13th October 2018

My question is this, say I were to construct a 6" thick rigid fiberglass absorber out of Roxul Rockboard, but I used 3...

KaseDismissed
replies: 44 views: 2,987
brainditch 12th October 2018

Acoustic materials have their NRC values tested for each range of frequencies, with most "thin foam" having below...

Luster22
replies: 1 views: 244
Jens Eklund 11th October 2018

Hi! As it happens, I will have long-term access in the next couple of months to a basement area where I can record instruments....

poserp
replies: 0 views: 352
poserp 9th October 2018

I recently completed my small control room re-do. Dimensions are 9.5' wide, 15' long, and the ceilings used to be 7.5, but now...

LSP
replies: 3 views: 303
johannburkard 9th October 2018

How’s the response look? Good or bad? Did I make any measurement mistakes? Thank you kindly :)

IdemZerum
replies: 1 views: 291
johannburkard 2nd October 2018

Hey Folks, I am looking for bass trap advice. I'd like to build floor to ceiling bass traps. I've got plenty of room to work...

bluzman
replies: 1 views: 354
Temple of Light 2nd October 2018

Sustainable Insulation | EcoBatt Insulation | Knauf Insulation Anyone have any experience using this Knauf product for deep...

Steve Boynton
replies: 0 views: 315
Steve Boynton 28th September 2018

Any Bag End E-Trap users here? How are they working out for you?

OliverV
replies: 10 views: 5,360
explorer 26th September 2018
replies: 2 views: 314
orwiljackil 25th September 2018

In the vein of: Simple Soundbooth I built my own Porto-Booth. Total cost before blankets - $65 Blankets (buying tomorrow) -...

Heartfelt
replies: 41 views: 17,543
Cavri 24th September 2018

Lots of suppliers in China for less than $2 per square foot, with NRC value of .65 I’d like to use this stuff for walls but...

Studiobuild159
replies: 0 views: 300
Studiobuild159 17th September 2018

I'm building some 7 well 1D QRD's with embedded diffusers in the wells (diffactal style). Does anyone have thoughts on how...

Jerbery
replies: 5 views: 707
devnull 17th September 2018

Amazon.com: Modern Computer Desk L Shaped Corner Desk Home Office Desks,More Stable Structure,Design by Ulikit (Orange Grain):...

MajorOoumphf
replies: 1 views: 372
CJ Mastering 14th September 2018

Hey guys, so I can't seem to find anything thicker than 4 inches when it comes to rockwool, so I thought putting 2 rockwool...

Mr. Maki
replies: 1 views: 345
dinococcus 13th September 2018

Hey Slutz! I'm treating my room (12,5 x 9,2 x 6,9). Still learning a lot about it. Almost "finished". My room, not my...

JayPee
replies: 3 views: 636
JayPee 12th September 2018

Hi guys, I've been reading the posts around here for a while, and I figured you'd be interested in this (my apologies if it's a...

gremmy
replies: 157 views: 90,719
houe 11th September 2018

I'm looking to treat my room with bass traps, however, several wall-to-wall corners are obstructed (support beam on front left...

ShaunBanham
replies: 3 views: 362
Jens Eklund 11th September 2018

Just wanted to post these measurements: A waterfall of a 120m3 room with just 4 corner superchunks added. Then a waterfall of...

Yannick
replies: 48 views: 6,070
Adhoc 6th September 2018

I wonder how these would do for bass trap frames? A bit on the thick side weighing in at nearly 10" in depth, but it...

replies: 15 views: 6,673
PeteJames 3rd September 2018

I have several 2x4 panels laying around. And some off set impaling clips but they leave a 2 inch air gap. I know ur supposed to...

mequaz
replies: 1 views: 347
Mike's Mix Room 31st August 2018

Hey guys. First of all, thanks for having me in this great community. Well, I’m having a hard time figuring out how to...

HighFreq
replies: 4 views: 527
HighFreq 25th August 2018

Hello all Long time subscriber, first time ......asker; Some advice and guidance on acoustic treatment If I may? (two images...

rezoracketeer
replies: 1 views: 380
Bushman 25th August 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search