The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

My dad and I are fed up with peaks and null in the mix and tracking room in our studio. We've decided to build 24 - 2'X4'...

Jason Poulin
replies: 137 views: 184,009
johannburkard 29th August 2018

Hi! There seems to be alot of talk about bass trapping on the board right now so I thought it was a good idea to post some...

Cojo
replies: 1,359 views: 1,074,197
Pteradactylist 7th December 2017

Today i started a project to build some quadratic residue diffusers. Overall not a difficult project--even though i used only...

jeremycox
replies: 121 views: 192,044
philsaudio 21st February 2017

Hi guys, I've been reading the posts around here for a while, and I figured you'd be interested in this (my apologies if it's a...

gremmy
replies: 169 views: 114,781
MoyenChari 16 hours ago

For my studio I am tearing down the wood from all walls and ceiling, stuffing all empty spaces with mineral wool, and covering it...

MF_Kitten
replies: 5 views: 108
MF_Kitten 16 hours ago

I'm looking to do some sound treatment in my church. I looked at absorption coefficient for Roxul RHT 80. I was thinking I would...

StevenAndres
replies: 54 views: 12,999
andrebrito 1 day ago

Hi, I started to get way more into acoustics and also started measuring my room because I’m not happy how the room is...

Dayvi
replies: 0 views: 84
Dayvi 1 day ago

Is polyester wool suitable for building Bass traps?

replies: 25 views: 3,354
jazztronaut 4 days ago

I'd love to DIY some acoustic panels and bass traps but I have little access to any tools, and a proper building set up and...

rawisthemotto
replies: 1 views: 131
Grovestand 4 days ago

I found a local seller who is moving out of the state and who's willing to sell three Primacoustic Full Traps for $300. I...

MarathonMan
replies: 15 views: 400
dmac660 5 days ago

So, I'm converting my 2'x4' gobo's into PRD diffusors on one side. I've heard that repetition is bad, but what if I stack two of...

wesarvin
replies: 11 views: 9,302
D_T_Music 6 days ago

Hello, I am planning on building floor to ceiling super chunk bass traps in my studio. I have seen a lot of conflicting...

kurama3114
replies: 0 views: 114
kurama3114 1 week ago

I am getting ready to invest in a Leater Couch for my Control Room. As I was shopping for couches, I realized that there were...

RonT
replies: 7 views: 3,454
The Lotus Kid 1 week ago

So, I've got 5 of these panels leftover from a home improvement project. I believe it's also called Rockboard in some areas?...

dojosound
replies: 5 views: 237
dojosound 1 week ago

Hello all, After lots of reading on here and other sources, I'm thinking I'll probably use Rockboard 40 for the treatment of my...

thruhiker
replies: 1 views: 144
thethrillfactor 1 week ago

After several threads here on the relative safety of rockwool, fiberglass, and organic fibers, I did a few days of digging...

audiovisceral
replies: 106 views: 161,956
fromthepuggle 1 week ago

Hey y'all, I've got a window in the reflection zone on my right side that I cover partially with a bass trap to kill the early...

jayme
replies: 3 views: 194
jayme 2 weeks ago

I have seen many studios having angled broadband bass traps. What's the difference versus just filling the whole wall...

Mr. Maki
replies: 1 views: 174
Mike Caffrey 2 weeks ago

Hi, I'm about to build a large number of BAD (Binary Amplitube Diffsorber) panels for a recording room. I purchased the book...

AMelbye
replies: 1 views: 208
andrebrito 2 weeks ago

Products with density and air flow resistivity data: Terminology: Air Flow Resistivity (in Norwegian: strømningsmotstand) is...

tlindaas
replies: 43 views: 39,918
Deckdaddy 2 weeks ago

I'm about to build some 60 x 60 x 85cm floor to ceiling superchunks for the four corners in my studio and i'm having a bit of a...

tiraquon
replies: 0 views: 141
tiraquon 3 weeks ago

I’m looking a building some DIY acoustic panels and I’m researching insulation material available here in Australia. This...

Tricky Fish
replies: 6 views: 200
avare 3 weeks ago

Can I turn this 2' x 4' closet into a vocal booth by putting foam on the walls? I was thinking of using foam factory and covering...

rolomoto
replies: 1 views: 120
edva 3 weeks ago

There seems to be much confusing about bass traps so I thought I would start a new thread that discusses the different types and...

Bonemeister
replies: 44 views: 32,733
The Chancellor 4 weeks ago

Hi, I have a pallet full of 75kg/m3 Rockwool that I would like to use for treating a small control room. I will build floor to...

stenerlov
replies: 10 views: 364
stenerlov 4 weeks ago

After having built and used quite a few DIY diffusors for the last 2 years I'd like to share some thoughts on my newest (and most...

G. E.
replies: 518 views: 343,296
blackfinder 4 weeks ago

Hey slutz, I'm wondering why are superchunks triangle shaped and not square shaped. With a square shaped you can place...

petertjed
replies: 34 views: 6,516
Youn 4 weeks ago

I just started this project this afternoon. :)

seiyafan
replies: 5 views: 6,790
The Chancellor 4 weeks ago

Hi there. I wish to create a mixing/ listening room that I may record vocals in with an SM7B. My problem with this room is the...

Dualwreck
replies: 1 views: 176
thethrillfactor 14th August 2020

Over the years I have had great success fixing smallish room bass problems with limp mass absorbers. As there are so many...

Tim Farrant
replies: 994 views: 411,889
The Chancellor 12th August 2020

Ok, I have a question, might be stupid, but what the hack Why not just take 2 big card boards and fill them with whichever...

raz_klinghoffer
replies: 10 views: 2,586
sheggs 12th August 2020

Hi guys. I've been reading a lot about diffusion, and it seems the general consensus is diffusion isn't very cost effective in...

horsound
replies: 0 views: 163
horsound 9th August 2020

Hi everyone, Two years ago I built several bass traps and broadband absorbers using rockwool and black Camira Cara, bought...

horsound
replies: 1 views: 152
horsound 9th August 2020

Hi there, I would like to treat a small studio space 4m by 3m, height is 2.8m with false ceiling around it measuring roughly 2.4m...

jazztronaut
replies: 2 views: 207
jazztronaut 9th August 2020

I'm not getting expected results using acousticmodelling.com multilayer absorber calculator for limp membrane traps. Putting...

maxiedaniels
replies: 6 views: 297
Storm Mastering 8th August 2020

Due to the Covid, I'm spending a lot more time tracking in my home studio. And while I have the room set up well enough for...

developermusic
replies: 29 views: 458
Bushman 7th August 2020

Hello. I’ve been searching and searching trying to find the name and product specs of a panel I’ve seen used in a few high...

Audiovideoholic
replies: 7 views: 262
Audiovideoholic 3rd August 2020

Hi All, Long time lurker, first time poster. Due to COVID, most post studios in LA are closed and more of us are being asked...

WFH_Guy
replies: 101 views: 1,256
WFH_Guy 2nd August 2020

I am looking at different materials for bass trapping, and decided to do some additional experiments. I have some panels of...

MF_Kitten
replies: 0 views: 131
MF_Kitten 29th July 2020

So after reading a ton here, I tried my luck at building a very simple bass trap - porous absorbers are so simple, it can't go...

Booinky
replies: 2 views: 323
Antmou 29th July 2020

Hi, I have just moved into a new place and purchased Vicoustic super bass extremes for the front wall. 6 of them. 3 on each...

CemA
replies: 6 views: 363
Jens Eklund 26th July 2020

Hey! I just built some fat super chunk corner bass traps, from floor to ceiling using triangles of Rockwool insulation (30 kg/m3)...

LeadingLeo
replies: 11 views: 683
MF_Kitten 26th July 2020

Ok so I have been reading quite a bit about the DIY bass traps on here using Rockboard 40-60. Tell me if I'm correct as to my...

Lexicondonn
replies: 9 views: 2,507
B BOY 26th July 2020

Hi there, I've read quite a few posts around this question but can't seem to find a concise answer (I don't speak technical...

katelyndawn89
replies: 9 views: 972
nomekop2000 24th July 2020

When I search Google for high density foam I get a lot of results for cushion and sofa foam. Will any of these work provided...

d4z0mg
replies: 0 views: 145
d4z0mg 24th July 2020

GFR of 4k-5k.. this is for 24” traps. I’ve found a lot of contradicting answers so I’m hoping someone can help. (Something...

maxiedaniels
replies: 1 views: 164
Grovestand 21st July 2020

As mentioned here, I'm interested in making some carboard box bass traps. I found this site, where I can get a bunch of boxes,...

Jessy
replies: 1 views: 2,326
Grovestand 21st July 2020

From the last few weeks of research, it seems the general advice for airgap or no airgap is to fill as much as you can. But I've...

maxiedaniels
replies: 5 views: 303
avare 19th July 2020

Its been going on some days now on various facebook group sites asking about acoustic treatment and so far I'm just not at a good...

Royaldeadman
replies: 30 views: 4,199
xev 19th July 2020

I've got a theoretical question. For a context where putting porous absorption one the back wall is a logistical problem,...

Mike Caffrey
replies: 5 views: 216
Mike Caffrey 18th July 2020

I just bought some 16x48 kraft backed R38. I’m planning on putting it on the ceiling. Instead of suspending a grid and...

Grovestand
replies: 1 views: 160
Grovestand 17th July 2020

After reading many, many acoustic treatment threads, I've noticed what appears to be a general preference for broadband low...

glorycloud
replies: 17 views: 594
Sonic Vitriol 15th July 2020

I'm about to construct a new studio, dimensions are 196.3"x160.5", ceiling is vaulted with lowest point being 101"...

maxiedaniels
replies: 3 views: 199
maxiedaniels 15th July 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search