The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

My dad and I are fed up with peaks and null in the mix and tracking room in our studio. We've decided to build 24 - 2'X4'...

Jason Poulin
replies: 137 views: 183,618
johannburkard 29th August 2018

Hi! There seems to be alot of talk about bass trapping on the board right now so I thought it was a good idea to post some...

Cojo
replies: 1,359 views: 1,070,328
Pteradactylist 7th December 2017

Today i started a project to build some quadratic residue diffusers. Overall not a difficult project--even though i used only...

jeremycox
replies: 121 views: 191,469
philsaudio 21st February 2017

I just started this project this afternoon. :)

seiyafan
replies: 5 views: 6,605
The Chancellor 16 hours ago

Hey slutz, I'm wondering why are superchunks triangle shaped and not square shaped. With a square shaped you can place...

petertjed
replies: 33 views: 6,208
jazztronaut 20 hours ago

Hi there. I wish to create a mixing/ listening room that I may record vocals in with an SM7B. My problem with this room is the...

Dualwreck
replies: 1 views: 124
thethrillfactor 1 day ago

Hi, I'm about to build a large number of BAD (Binary Amplitube Diffsorber) panels for a recording room. I purchased the book...

AMelbye
replies: 0 views: 95
AMelbye 1 day ago

Hi, I have a pallet full of 75kg/m3 Rockwool that I would like to use for treating a small control room. I will build floor to...

stenerlov
replies: 2 views: 161
stenerlov 2 days ago

Over the years I have had great success fixing smallish room bass problems with limp mass absorbers. As there are so many...

Tim Farrant
replies: 994 views: 407,504
The Chancellor 2 days ago

Ok, I have a question, might be stupid, but what the hack Why not just take 2 big card boards and fill them with whichever...

raz_klinghoffer
replies: 10 views: 2,488
sheggs 2 days ago

Hi guys. I've been reading a lot about diffusion, and it seems the general consensus is diffusion isn't very cost effective in...

horsound
replies: 0 views: 113
horsound 5 days ago

Hi everyone, Two years ago I built several bass traps and broadband absorbers using rockwool and black Camira Cara, bought...

horsound
replies: 1 views: 110
horsound 5 days ago

Hi there, I would like to treat a small studio space 4m by 3m, height is 2.8m with false ceiling around it measuring roughly 2.4m...

jazztronaut
replies: 2 views: 130
jazztronaut 6 days ago

I'm not getting expected results using acousticmodelling.com multilayer absorber calculator for limp membrane traps. Putting...

maxiedaniels
replies: 6 views: 240
Storm Mastering 6 days ago

Due to the Covid, I'm spending a lot more time tracking in my home studio. And while I have the room set up well enough for...

developermusic
replies: 29 views: 409
Bushman 1 week ago

After having built and used quite a few DIY diffusors for the last 2 years I'd like to share some thoughts on my newest (and most...

G. E.
replies: 516 views: 341,604
G. E. 1 week ago

Hello. I’ve been searching and searching trying to find the name and product specs of a panel I’ve seen used in a few high...

Audiovideoholic
replies: 7 views: 225
Audiovideoholic 1 week ago

Hi All, Long time lurker, first time poster. Due to COVID, most post studios in LA are closed and more of us are being asked...

WFH_Guy
replies: 101 views: 1,109
WFH_Guy 1 week ago

I am looking at different materials for bass trapping, and decided to do some additional experiments. I have some panels of...

MF_Kitten
replies: 0 views: 96
MF_Kitten 2 weeks ago

So after reading a ton here, I tried my luck at building a very simple bass trap - porous absorbers are so simple, it can't go...

Booinky
replies: 2 views: 248
Antmou 2 weeks ago

Hi, I have just moved into a new place and purchased Vicoustic super bass extremes for the front wall. 6 of them. 3 on each...

CemA
replies: 6 views: 283
Jens Eklund 2 weeks ago

Hey! I just built some fat super chunk corner bass traps, from floor to ceiling using triangles of Rockwool insulation (30 kg/m3)...

LeadingLeo
replies: 11 views: 590
MF_Kitten 2 weeks ago

Ok so I have been reading quite a bit about the DIY bass traps on here using Rockboard 40-60. Tell me if I'm correct as to my...

Lexicondonn
replies: 9 views: 2,429
B BOY 2 weeks ago

Hi there, I've read quite a few posts around this question but can't seem to find a concise answer (I don't speak technical...

katelyndawn89
replies: 9 views: 862
nomekop2000 3 weeks ago

When I search Google for high density foam I get a lot of results for cushion and sofa foam. Will any of these work provided...

d4z0mg
replies: 0 views: 109
d4z0mg 3 weeks ago

GFR of 4k-5k.. this is for 24” traps. I’ve found a lot of contradicting answers so I’m hoping someone can help. (Something...

maxiedaniels
replies: 1 views: 127
Grovestand 3 weeks ago

As mentioned here, I'm interested in making some carboard box bass traps. I found this site, where I can get a bunch of boxes,...

Jessy
replies: 1 views: 2,292
Grovestand 3 weeks ago

From the last few weeks of research, it seems the general advice for airgap or no airgap is to fill as much as you can. But I've...

maxiedaniels
replies: 5 views: 252
avare 3 weeks ago

Its been going on some days now on various facebook group sites asking about acoustic treatment and so far I'm just not at a good...

Royaldeadman
replies: 30 views: 4,028
xev 3 weeks ago

I've got a theoretical question. For a context where putting porous absorption one the back wall is a logistical problem,...

Mike Caffrey
replies: 5 views: 184
Mike Caffrey 3 weeks ago

I just bought some 16x48 kraft backed R38. I’m planning on putting it on the ceiling. Instead of suspending a grid and...

Grovestand
replies: 1 views: 140
Grovestand 4 weeks ago

After several threads here on the relative safety of rockwool, fiberglass, and organic fibers, I did a few days of digging...

audiovisceral
replies: 105 views: 160,522
Vcaster 4 weeks ago

After reading many, many acoustic treatment threads, I've noticed what appears to be a general preference for broadband low...

glorycloud
replies: 17 views: 551
Sonic Vitriol 4 weeks ago

I'm about to construct a new studio, dimensions are 196.3"x160.5", ceiling is vaulted with lowest point being 101"...

maxiedaniels
replies: 3 views: 176
maxiedaniels 4 weeks ago

I have a wall about 4-5 ft behind the vocalist's place. I can drag a 12" mattress there (rather not to) or I can hang a...

N1Greg
replies: 0 views: 144
N1Greg 4 weeks ago

Hello, im in spain and have limited access to materials and can get saint gobain stuff easy is it any good? This will be for...

Jomox
replies: 0 views: 146
Jomox 4 weeks ago

I’ve already constructed my own acoustic panels at home with common wood and filled them up with “Rockwool Safe and Sound.”...

intu1tion
replies: 3 views: 482
intu1tion 10th July 2020

Hey everyone. I'm hoping ya'll can help me! I'm 20 years old (still living at home) and pretty much have no options to move my...

Brandon99
replies: 1 views: 257
homestudioguy 8th July 2020

People might be aware that artificial mineral fibre products (Owen's corning, Rockwool, etc.) may be health hazards (e.g.,...

mashpete
replies: 17 views: 1,177
markblockjzz 6th July 2020

Just got a Mapleshade catalog and noticed they sell an interesting little triangular diffuser. That's all well and good, but in...

tinnitusintx
replies: 8 views: 1,837
Filmpros 6th July 2020

Not me, BTW. https://a2-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/76/a115dcc2d1ea4d63973ebb24b583ec25/full.jpg

goom
replies: 1 views: 156
thethrillfactor 6th July 2020

It’s hard to estimate the effectiveness of adding an absorber to a room without measuring it in place. Wouldn’t it be nice...

Grovestand
replies: 3 views: 217
Grovestand 3rd July 2020

Hey guys, I'm in the process of recording vocals for my first album and therefore facing a couple of problems: 1. my studio is...

Maschu
replies: 11 views: 410
Mike Caffrey 3rd July 2020

Hi everyone, provided that there's good bass treatment (such as the entire rear wall or a sufficient amount of corners filled...

BT_1234
replies: 1 views: 258
Mike Caffrey 3rd July 2020

There seems to be much confusing about bass traps so I thought I would start a new thread that discusses the different types and...

Bonemeister
replies: 43 views: 32,287
tks0326 2nd July 2020

Hello, I'm planning on building a vocal 4x4 booth and looking to use 100mm Rockwool slabs with acoustic plasterboard or OSB...

djkprojects
replies: 0 views: 136
djkprojects 1st July 2020

Hi, i'm considering swapping my relatively compact ceiling cloud which is above the listening position with a much bigger one,...

John Mor
replies: 0 views: 159
John Mor 1st July 2020

Hello all, I've been a long time lurker over here but now it is time to ask you guys some acoustic advice for my small...

TRCKZ
replies: 0 views: 152
TRCKZ 29th June 2020

Hi! My first post here after years of creeping the boards. I made a small vocal "booth" (approx 7 ft high, 4 ft long,...

GatorDick_90
replies: 2 views: 184
GatorDick_90 25th June 2020

Nevermind. I found an answer for this sorry.

Macrawn
replies: 0 views: 181
Macrawn 25th June 2020

hello, on the weekend i finally finished my latest DIY room acoustics project. due to the absolutely great improvement the...

airmate
replies: 152 views: 123,834
Samuelito 22nd June 2020

I'm planning on making some bass traps that line my walls. I'm going to build them right into the wall. Probably 18-24 inches of...

Macrawn
replies: 3 views: 255
Macrawn 22nd June 2020

Hi I wanna ask about soundproofing a very small room 3meters by 2meters. I just want to reduce the high frequencies coming out...

[email protected]
replies: 0 views: 155
[email protected] 16th June 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search