The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

My dad and I are fed up with peaks and null in the mix and tracking room in our studio. We've decided to build 24 - 2'X4'...

Jason Poulin
replies: 137 views: 179,951
johannburkard 29th August 2018

Hi! There seems to be alot of talk about bass trapping on the board right now so I thought it was a good idea to post some...

Cojo
replies: 1,359 views: 1,041,173
Pteradactylist 7th December 2017

Today i started a project to build some quadratic residue diffusers. Overall not a difficult project--even though i used only...

jeremycox
replies: 121 views: 186,032
philsaudio 21st February 2017

Has anybody compared the 24"x24"x8" BBC A10 bass traps (using fluffy) against the 24" x 96" x 4"...

billy33
replies: 0 views: 139
billy33 3 days ago

Hey all, I'm in the process of building treatment for a home studio to be used for SFX and Dialog editing and after a ton of...

Harmonicz
replies: 0 views: 162
Harmonicz 4 days ago

I have shown this in my build thread for my studio, but though it would be good to post my Ceiling Cloud build as a separate...

RedTone
replies: 2 views: 363
RedTone 4 days ago

Hi all, I just got some new Barefoot monitors and now that I can hear so much better over my old monitors I can really hear...

smallstonefan
replies: 2 views: 173
smallstonefan 5 days ago

Made these 18" x 18" x 47" blocks from OC705 filled with Roxul, capped and wrapped. Thought I would post photos in...

Corey Milner
replies: 18 views: 3,123
Mee0tch 6 days ago

With the exception of the Marine products, the air flow resistivity numbers here are calculated, not measured, which mean they...

tlindaas
replies: 31 views: 17,283
ATC 1 week ago

hey @ all, i have built a studio - the frequency response is great (+-4db) but the room sounds really dead because of so much...

ozumm
replies: 1 views: 197
Jens Eklund 1 week ago

Hi acoustics experts, I need your help for a problem that is not exactly related to my studio: My bedroom is right next to a...

rydim
replies: 0 views: 161
rydim 1 week ago

Over the years I have had great success fixing smallish room bass problems with limp mass absorbers. As there are so many...

Tim Farrant
replies: 973 views: 369,065
Davo013 1 week ago

Meant 1x6 in the title, not 2x6 Hey all, I'm considering grabbing some Knauf 3LB 2" insulation, and doubling them up to...

Tristana
replies: 0 views: 198
Tristana 1 week ago

There seems to be much confusing about bass traps so I thought I would start a new thread that discusses the different types and...

Bonemeister
replies: 42 views: 29,406
Mike Caffrey 1 week ago

Hi to everyone ! I have a rectangular room. It´s 8.2 feet W, 13.1 Long and 9.8 Tall. In the left wall, near the front wall I...

nahui
replies: 0 views: 140
nahui 2 weeks ago

Hi there. I am planning to build some mlv trap. I am thinking to make it with variable depth to be more full band in the region...

andrea19837
replies: 6 views: 654
akebrake 2 weeks ago

Hey guys. I googled and YouTubed this for a couple of days. And I can't seem to find rigid fiberglass pipes in Sweden. I find...

mattias78
replies: 0 views: 1,017
mattias78 2 weeks ago

Does anyone have any experience with this product?? I've attached some info. Thanks. JV

JVergence
replies: 30 views: 15,075
slutter 2 weeks ago

So I want to make a couple acoustic panels that look like the ones with beveled edges that Primacoustic sells. The only thing I...

williamboyd
replies: 2 views: 381
williamboyd 3 weeks ago

SO my new home builders love to go over kill with big and boxie structures around things that reaaaally don't warrant it. Two...

crazy8canuck
replies: 0 views: 232
crazy8canuck 3 weeks ago

I've found a particular edge coating for making no-frame panels out of 703 panels, but I'm wondering if there is something...

MrDogBiscuit
replies: 6 views: 1,686
Chazzy42 3 weeks ago

I ended up making them 12" thick. These things are blackholes ! I should have them painted and finished this weekend...

kgveteran
replies: 22 views: 1,631
px256 3 weeks ago

Hi to everyone. I´m interested in adding bass traps to my small room and was interested in GIK Soffits but I have no luck...

nahui
replies: 0 views: 397
nahui 3 weeks ago

Hi, My saloon dimensions are 5.10 * 3.30 meters and the ceiling is 2.73 meters. My TV is locating at the center of the 5.10...

bond7
replies: 0 views: 291
bond7 3 weeks ago

hi Folks, long time since I posted. I have a 5mx4m studio. Already got some GIK 244s +242s (not yet fixed in place) but need more...

PepeLuis
replies: 4 views: 245
explorer 3 weeks ago

Hi there, I’ve tried looking for this but can’t seem to find it. There’s a local acoustic panel manufacturer offering...

Scientific
replies: 0 views: 139
Scientific 4 weeks ago

Hello, I'm just wondering what people think of using Osnaburg opposed to Burlap? Is Osnaburg as acoustically transparent as...

daveyroberts
replies: 5 views: 2,027
BiscuitBuddies 4 weeks ago

I am mounting 2 2ftx4ftx2.5inch sound absortion panels to be in my first reflection point in my bedroom/studio on the wall...

carloscosta
replies: 0 views: 179
carloscosta 4 weeks ago

Trying to figure out some light frame for my fluffy Isover Piano isolation. This metal frame was easy to glue together, but i...

px256
replies: 1 views: 213
px256 4 weeks ago

I kinda feel like these folks are in need of a bass trap, but can't really find a corner to put it in...

bikelane
replies: 0 views: 221
bikelane 8th October 2019

A fellow engineer suggested I could "clean up the bottom end" in my control room by buying a few bags of Roxul...

scoring4films
replies: 14 views: 4,807
play.exe 8th October 2019

Hi guys, Am designing a couple bass traps for my small room and was wondering if someone could assess these two...

Trackhouse1
replies: 1 views: 248
Trackhouse1 7th October 2019

I just built a couple of extremely easy bass traps out of rolls of R-19 cotton bat insulation and milk crates. It's almost as...

Jesse Eastman
replies: 18 views: 2,959
akebrake 5th October 2019

I have several unopened bags of R-13 rolled up insulation available. One is actually jumbo size : 48" high and weighs in at...

jeff_free69
replies: 23 views: 1,338
mikeklein 5th October 2019

Hello to everyone. I'm currently packing small truck of mineral wool into small room and everything is going more or less...

fedorM
replies: 0 views: 191
fedorM 5th October 2019

I am very concerned about particles / dust / fibers from assorted bass trapping materials getting into the air. I am generally...

replies: 8 views: 6,021
fedorM 4th October 2019

Tried to search the forum for airflow resistivity data on the Isover Cleantech Plus G100, but found none. Has anyone actually...

px256
replies: 0 views: 202
px256 4th October 2019

Hi, I'm building an screen to sit behind me to stop reflections on the window behind my head. To cover the absorbing material I...

GuitarGod
replies: 3 views: 1,132
eLUX 4th October 2019

You can read everywhere in here that foam is useless for absorbing low bass (say, 150hz). This seems a bit of a simplified truth...

bib_ak
replies: 0 views: 399
bib_ak 29th September 2019

I've built numerous porous absorbers, membrane absorbers, Helmholtz absorbers, and VPRs within the last years always wondering...

G. E.
replies: 303 views: 81,850
Exprymer 28th September 2019

and just stacking it in the corner.. (after placing them in garbage bags for slightly better looks).. i'll list the least...

mikeklein
replies: 0 views: 460
mikeklein 28th September 2019

Hello there! I finally joined the club after excessive lurking for the past year or so. First of all thank you! I learned so...

UNKTS
replies: 0 views: 390
UNKTS 27th September 2019

Will I get better results from a proper panel (rockwool,fiberglass) than I would if I just crammed some 3" foam in the...

foamboy
replies: 7 views: 432
Ol' Betsey 15th September 2019

I just started messing with REW and ARC 2.5 to measure and test placement of my monitors, etc. Naturally, this has sent me down a...

p_wats
replies: 0 views: 417
p_wats 15th September 2019

Is this product okay to use for super chunk bass traps ? UltraBatt™ Insulation |...

HashBerry
replies: 8 views: 2,341
brewbacker 15th September 2019

Hello everyone! I'm in the process of designing a new room for me. It will be a mixing and recording place, though i will only...

alanwes
replies: 6 views: 1,810
Zredman 15th September 2019

what's up guys, i'm nixon.. i tried building 2 vpr panels and here was my process. the steel is cold rolled 1m x 1.5m x 1.6mm...

datal4b
replies: 6 views: 683
housegezeichnet 14th September 2019

Is there any advantage to corner traps as opposed to panels in a corner? Assuming the panel and corner trap have the same face...

tensor9
replies: 0 views: 632
tensor9 3rd September 2019

Hello, Will this do for recording acoustic guitar or just for vocals? https://www.primacoustic.com/flexibooth/ If not any...

ob1
replies: 5 views: 687
ob1 28th August 2019

Hi, Just ordered a load of Scandinavian pine to make the frames and also rockwool rwa45 75mm thick for the treatment. Going to...

Immortal
replies: 2 views: 338
Immortal 27th August 2019

Hi gearslutz, I was browsing around and I stumbled upon a picture of a Binary Amplitude diffuser, does anyone know how to make...

jrubbernek
replies: 107 views: 60,375
bannerj 26th August 2019

Finally gonna put some accoustic tiles and bass traps on the walls , but is there a good way to know the right spots to place...

Carbinax
replies: 4 views: 642
Carbinax 24th August 2019

Inspiration Recording Studio has been open for over a year and the Live Room sounds Great as it is. But i wanted to add a bit of...

stevep
replies: 2 views: 388
stevep 20th August 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search