The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Announcement: Black Friday/Cyber Week 2020 Whitecat
27th November 2020 Views: 578
Views: 578
27th November 2020
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

My dad and I are fed up with peaks and null in the mix and tracking room in our studio. We've decided to build 24 - 2'X4'...

Jason Poulin
replies: 137 views: 184,908
johannburkard 29th August 2018

Hi! There seems to be alot of talk about bass trapping on the board right now so I thought it was a good idea to post some...

Cojo
replies: 1,359 views: 1,082,683
Pteradactylist 7th December 2017

Today i started a project to build some quadratic residue diffusers. Overall not a difficult project--even though i used only...

jeremycox
replies: 121 views: 193,149
philsaudio 21st February 2017

Correct title: What kind of Bass Trap to build for my budget: Super chunk corners or flat panels I was finally able to find...

xxRock_Onxx
replies: 6 views: 137
xxRock_Onxx 7 hours ago

After several threads here on the relative safety of rockwool, fiberglass, and organic fibers, I did a few days of digging...

audiovisceral
replies: 108 views: 164,964
softie 3 days ago

Hi gearslutz, I was browsing around and I stumbled upon a picture of a Binary Amplitude diffuser, does anyone know how to make...

jrubbernek
replies: 117 views: 70,995
jazztronaut 4 days ago

So I'm getting the idea that there's no reason to use the more expensive OC products if I can get my hands on some cheap rock...

Thio
replies: 5 views: 7,369
gsteiner 4 days ago

Hi! I've got a large-ish sound studio of ~140 cubic meters, with 4 sky lights, two large glass doors and a large glass...

sentient
replies: 1 views: 98
dinococcus 5 days ago

Hi there, I know I've already posted another thread...hope this is my last thread in a few weeks! You're helping me a lot....

Julian_
replies: 2 views: 110
Julian_ 5 days ago

As I understand it, having an air gap behind a bass trap is only to save on insulation cost - filling the air gap with more...

maxiedaniels
replies: 0 views: 133
maxiedaniels 1 week ago

Hi, I need help deciding how to deal with a few problems within my little, odd shaped home studio. I'm not trying to...

Sheldon Cooper
replies: 0 views: 109
Sheldon Cooper 1 week ago

Hi guys, I have a very small bedroom in my house (~3m x 2.4m x 2.4m high) which I'm trying to setup as a hobby studio for making...

aperception
replies: 3 views: 237
akebrake 1 week ago

My corner traps have two layers of insulation, then crossed metal wire, then a layer of 1/8” MDF. Repeats all the way up the...

maxiedaniels
replies: 1 views: 173
coreyspencer 1 week ago

I never knew how many auralex products were actually offered. Are any of them good or is it best to stay away from the company...

dysenterygary
replies: 38 views: 12,053
chadk808 1 week ago

Hi, I am in the lucky position of starting to plan the build of my studio/office, and have been going through a lot of the very...

timc3
replies: 2 views: 112
timc3 1 week ago

I have a smallish control room with plenty of treatment. Behind the speakers I have 2 corner super chunks and two 2x4 6"...

LSP
replies: 1 views: 117
kosulin 1 week ago

Hey guys, are these bass traps any...

StefanAustria
replies: 2 views: 214
dinococcus 3 weeks ago

Hi, I have a fair bit of insulation left over and have realized that my bass traps just aren't thick enough, partly due to some...

mat_down_under
replies: 2 views: 189
Grovestand 4 weeks ago

Hi, my home studio has an irregular corner in the front wall (see pictures). I want to place some bass traps but I'm not really...

DavidSanx
replies: 1 views: 176
BJosephs 4 weeks ago

Good afternoon, When looking to suspend pink fluffy within a trap, keeping it nice and....fluffy, I’ve read of orchard...

mrhudson
replies: 2 views: 276
Grovestand 4 weeks ago

hey guys, I'm having problem with MDF, most of my diffusers that are made of MDFs I think are producing some kind of fume that is...

jrubbernek
replies: 22 views: 4,440
german_audio_guy 26th October 2020

Hey guys, Im making some traps and panels, using Knauf RS45. I have figures for the gas resistivity, but they are: Parallel...

Cabes
replies: 3 views: 233
akebrake 20th October 2020

Do you think the room in the picture could work with some kind of panel for a semiprofessional vocal/guitar recording or does an...

kwaem
replies: 0 views: 118
kwaem 20th October 2020

I have a live room in my basement that I've treated with many diy absorption panels, corner bass traps, and have also ordered...

LSP
replies: 0 views: 130
LSP 18th October 2020

Apologies if this has already been answered, but I couldn't find it. Don't kill yourselves answering this, but I'm hoping someone...

sdog
replies: 32 views: 7,186
AreYouHuman 17th October 2020

As a test I decided to build a skyline diffuser today! :) I calculated the dimensions with the free mhsoft software and went for...

Tom H
replies: 75 views: 130,027
Burstwurst 16th October 2020

Hello, i would like to make 2 diffusers, 1st is 120x20 cm, 2nd is 60x20 cm. I'm currently trying to calculate them here...

Stopons
replies: 0 views: 152
Stopons 15th October 2020

For 24" square traps in the corners, I'd like insulation around 5k GFR. I was recommended Knauf Ecobatt, but can't find it...

maxiedaniels
replies: 3 views: 169
DeathRobot 15th October 2020

I have 2' of pink fluffy along my back wall, contained within a stud frame. I wanted to add some high end back into the room and...

DeathRobot
replies: 0 views: 133
DeathRobot 14th October 2020

After having built and used quite a few DIY diffusors for the last 2 years I'd like to share some thoughts on my newest (and most...

G. E.
replies: 519 views: 347,073
thirdflr 13th October 2020

Hi All, I know it’s been established that Bradford Fibretex 350 is the closest thing to OC we’ve got here in Oz, but...

Angrychris
replies: 1 views: 176
mpearce38 9th October 2020

Hi all, Does anyone know of a supplier in So Cal that carries 4" #4 rockwool And 2" #8 in stock? Nothing against...

AV_Dub
replies: 1 views: 156
AV_Dub 9th October 2020

I like to reuse / reduce / recycle when I can, and I'm always on the lookout for some free, useful stuff. A food subscription...

le_gums
replies: 1 views: 198
le_gums 8th October 2020

Hi I need some absorber panels to cover small areas close to my speakers to help kill first order reflections. They will need...

mr-b
replies: 1 views: 210
avare 7th October 2020

TL;DR: I need help deciding what sort of acoustic treatment I should use in my square room (3.5m x 3.5m, 2.5m H), I don't want to...

mat_down_under
replies: 12 views: 540
mat_down_under 6th October 2020

So I've seen some great innovative ways of exposing more of the absorption material on these forums and other sites, so I'd like...

hduncan
replies: 31 views: 19,198
flextone 6th October 2020

This is kind of a naive question, so surely the answers will be interesting... During my planning I have been simply looking at...

MF_Kitten
replies: 2 views: 229
MF_Kitten 3rd October 2020

my live room is too dead sounding for my taste. its mainly used for tracking drums. for now the live room is almost as dead as...

arjan
replies: 37 views: 10,634
erre72 1st October 2020

Guys, Anyone have any thoughts on building a saxophone booth about 4’ x 6’ ? How much noise reduction could it provide?

Digiplex
replies: 0 views: 113
Digiplex 1st October 2020

Is polyester wool suitable for building Bass traps?

replies: 26 views: 3,701
Djones 30th September 2020

Hi, I've read the posts about DIY Billys and Kilbys and Gerbsys etc, but I'm left with some confusion. I want to add two corner...

flextone
replies: 9 views: 345
flextone 30th September 2020

HI, I am very new to room acoustics and have been reading through various articles and forums extensively. I do realize there...

Luke K
replies: 74 views: 29,132
hello people 28th September 2020

Ok, I have a question, might be stupid, but what the hack Why not just take 2 big card boards and fill them with whichever...

raz_klinghoffer
replies: 11 views: 2,839
housegezeichnet 24th September 2020

I'd love to DIY some acoustic panels and bass traps but I have little access to any tools, and a proper building set up and...

rawisthemotto
replies: 2 views: 221
joeq 24th September 2020

Pictured is an empty space that I will be making into a combination control room/live room. Dimensions are approximately 30’ x...

mattberkeley
replies: 1 views: 152
joeq 24th September 2020

Hi Everybody, howdy I hope this is not imposing, but I found some of the threads here really helpful so I thought I might...

notimeforarcs
replies: 9 views: 254
Deleted 56021e5 20th September 2020

I am thinking of using four foot wide pegboard from floor to ceiling in the corners of my live room. I will pack it full of...

smokapot
replies: 19 views: 10,294
latestflavor 18th September 2020

For my studio I am tearing down the wood from all walls and ceiling, stuffing all empty spaces with mineral wool, and covering it...

MF_Kitten
replies: 7 views: 246
MF_Kitten 18th September 2020

Hi guys, I've been reading the posts around here for a while, and I figured you'd be interested in this (my apologies if it's a...

gremmy
replies: 169 views: 117,923
MoyenChari 17th September 2020

I'm looking to do some sound treatment in my church. I looked at absorption coefficient for Roxul RHT 80. I was thinking I would...

StevenAndres
replies: 54 views: 13,197
Deleted 56021e5 17th September 2020

Hi, I started to get way more into acoustics and also started measuring my room because I’m not happy how the room is...

Dayvi
replies: 0 views: 167
Dayvi 16th September 2020

I found a local seller who is moving out of the state and who's willing to sell three Primacoustic Full Traps for $300. I...

MarathonMan
replies: 15 views: 483
dmac660 12th September 2020

So, I'm converting my 2'x4' gobo's into PRD diffusors on one side. I've heard that repetition is bad, but what if I stack two of...

wesarvin
replies: 11 views: 9,426
D_T_Music 12th September 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search