The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Bass traps, acoustic panels, foam etc

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi! There seems to be alot of talk about bass trapping on the board right now so I thought it was a good idea to post some...

Cojo
replies: 1,359 views: 977,977
Pteradactylist 7th December 2017

Today i started a project to build some quadratic residue diffusers. Overall not a difficult project--even though i used only...

jeremycox
replies: 121 views: 176,022
philsaudio 21st February 2017

My dad and I are fed up with peaks and null in the mix and tracking room in our studio. We've decided to build 24 - 2'X4'...

Jason Poulin
replies: 136 views: 172,378
Spare Monkey 8th March 2013

Over the years I have had great success fixing smallish room bass problems with limp mass absorbers. As there are so many...

Tim Farrant
replies: 927 views: 302,581
mazzeumusic 18 hours ago

Hi all, Ok, apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere on the site. I'm sure i managed find some info in this when...

stripealipe
replies: 0 views: 158
stripealipe 1 day ago

Hello- I'm looking to build dual-purpose floor-to-ceiling gobos, and seek advice on materials and construction. The dual...

seeker
replies: 4 views: 340
seeker 2 days ago

Most DIY skyline diffusers I've seen are made out of cut to length 2x2's. I have a stack of 2x4's I could rip and use, but of...

LSP
replies: 1 views: 206
John White 2 days ago

Hi guys I just made a skyline diffuser from Lego blocks, I'm wondering what you guys think? is it worth it? and how effective...

jrubbernek
replies: 45 views: 15,554
mr_martin 3 days ago

Please delete mods, posted in wrong forum.

aleatoric
replies: 0 views: 189
aleatoric 4 days ago

Greetings all, I thought I'd start a thread for my little studio acoustic treatment project. I've composed a quick SketchUp of...

Paje
replies: 33 views: 30,222
Noise Coalition 4 days ago

Hi @ all jummpp i am want to treat a 28 Hz room mode at a corner of my room. So i decided to make 4 membrane absorber (60cm x...

knightonabicycle
replies: 7 views: 360
knightonabicycle 5 days ago

Can anyone point me to a DIY of an absorption panel that has wood sides, where the fabric is stretched tight from the inside? All...

LSP
replies: 1 views: 230
John White 1 week ago

Hi all. I would like to use some 3 and 4 inch x 30" x36" foam rubber (furniture stuff) I have to design a bass trap...

Tim Norris
replies: 0 views: 186
Tim Norris 1 week ago

Hello everybody, I'm about to put up two cloud absorbers in my studio. After reading dozens of threads I still couldn't find...

saemola
replies: 2 views: 229
saemola 1 week ago

Hi! Im experimenting with some diy acoustic treatment and will try and build a cube 60x60x60 cm with 4mm mdf on five sides, and...

pimo
replies: 3 views: 482
Temple of Light 1 week ago

I was just surfin the net for acoustic stuff and came across this: ACDA-12 Activated Carbon Diaphragmatic...

satisfaction2009
replies: 2 views: 464
Adhoc 1 week ago

Looking for some help from the pros. I have a dedicated theatre in my garage room demensions are 5.5mL 2.5mW and 2.3MH. I have...

Stevo19801
replies: 1 views: 281
Temple of Light 1 week ago

I spent a few days researching how to return a little life to my small recording room (4x3 meters) after catching the bass. It...

lectric
replies: 1 views: 264
lectric 2 weeks ago

Hi All I have installed chunky bass traps in 3 corners with one smaller one above the door. Question is: What should I do...

therose75
replies: 4 views: 545
Stevo19801 2 weeks ago

I've read a ton and have looked at a bunch of threads on here but I still can't figure out the best route to take. I simply want...

figaroamer
replies: 10 views: 364
Eggsmack 2 weeks ago

Hello there, Im inquiring about some information I found on this forum a while back and cant seem to find the post. Basically I...

MikeyHayek
replies: 1 views: 288
Eggsmack 2 weeks ago

Has anyone used Rotofast cloud anchors with 3lb/sqft OC703? Do they work with the 3lb/sqft 703 vs 6lb/sqft 705?

bigsbyman
replies: 1 views: 274
thegnu 2 weeks ago

Hello, here is the thing: I did some measurements in my room and I discovered the standing ways I was expecting (es. the one...

heysimo
replies: 0 views: 243
heysimo 2 weeks ago

I've been asked to construct a sound diffuser to be placed behind the choir loft at my church. The Skyline diffuser is the look...

Audioignorant
replies: 3 views: 346
thegnu 2 weeks ago

HI, I'm trying to find some OC 703 or Rockboard 40/60/80 locally because online the shipping is basically as much as the product...

Unexplainedbacon
replies: 3 views: 509
thegnu 2 weeks ago

Hey y'all. I'm in the process of moving into a new studio space and am rearranging the panels. I know that topics similar to...

WillEverett
replies: 1 views: 261
thegnu 2 weeks ago

hi, i was interested in making a few bass corner traps, the cube looking ones. what id like to know is how do these stay in...

elasticc
replies: 5 views: 522
Temple of Light 2 weeks ago

Its been going on some days now on various facebook group sites asking about acoustic treatment and so far I'm just not at a good...

Royaldeadman
replies: 28 views: 1,149
joeq 3 weeks ago

Hi Guys.............long time reader, rarely a poster etc....oops. Question; I have read, I think, all the threads on...

jaykay
replies: 60 views: 13,683
Teej 3 weeks ago

After doing some research and comparing my options in my price range, I went ahead and ordered the Primacoustic London 10 kit....

Metal123
replies: 3 views: 528
Temple of Light 4 weeks ago

A question or two for the acousti-geniuses out there... I have been wondering about the suitability of tapestries and thicker...

Temple of Light
replies: 4 views: 342
Temple of Light 4 weeks ago

Hi, I'm building a pair of speaker stands. I filled stand with sand and it weighs 33 kg. I thought it's a bit overkill and took...

Rairun
replies: 28 views: 7,349
dedham50 4 weeks ago

HAPPY NEW YEAR PEOPLE ! :) Love some advice please as im looking to decouple my monitors and after some reading it seems that...

PRIME8PRODUCTIONS
replies: 7 views: 369
PRIME8PRODUCTIONS 20th January 2018

Curious as to how Carl uses these as his side wall treatment? They seem fairly thick & may also provide some diffusion due to...

jc7
replies: 0 views: 310
jc7 18th January 2018

Hi guys I'm a noob in acoustics, I think my room is a mess and I already made big improvements with foam (very likely sub-optimal...

bnoise
replies: 11 views: 722
DanDan 18th January 2018

Guys, If you are using mineral wool in your rooms for broadband absorbtion, which thickness are you using or do you use...

Giboman
replies: 7 views: 591
DanDan 15th January 2018

Is polyester wool suitable for building Bass traps?

replies: 23 views: 1,268
lectric 15th January 2018

Hello! I would love to invest in bass traps but I am not keen on buying the foam ones as I read all around the net that they...

FoxMulderFBI
replies: 9 views: 599
mrc 15th January 2018

I was musing out loud in another thread and came up with this as a possibility for my studio...Has anyone else around here...

Temple of Light
replies: 3 views: 473
Temple of Light 13th January 2018

I am building a ceiling cloud next week (703, 4 inches thick, 4 feet by 4 feet). I am wondering what is the ideal placement for...

aleatoric
replies: 27 views: 15,384
Magickman 12th January 2018

Hi, I have a small home studio, 3.80m(l)X2.80m(w)x2.70m(h), for recording mainly vocals and mixing. I treated the room...

oriweissman
replies: 6 views: 1,801
jc7 8th January 2018

Hey everyone, This is probably the easiest DIY fix in the world, but I'm not usually a DIY'er: I just bought some used bass...

illold3chordme
replies: 0 views: 283
illold3chordme 7th January 2018

Hi, I've been looking for (health-save) alternatives to fiberglass and found a number of materials based on polyester fiber,...

Neutrino
replies: 13 views: 2,724
lectric 5th January 2018

Hi, I have been using the calculator at Acoustic Modelling - Home Page and wanted to ask a couple newbie questions; first I...

Unexplainedbacon
replies: 2 views: 366
Unexplainedbacon 30th December 2017

Hey guys, So due to some tracking to be done in the upcoming weeks/months, I am looking to build some DIY traps for my humble...

Red Leader
replies: 0 views: 331
Red Leader 30th December 2017

Hi there! It's taken a few years, but I've finally got a 5.1.4 home theatre setup that I love. I've got Dynaudio Contour...

fullshred
replies: 2 views: 466
DanDan 27th December 2017

Hi guys, I've been reading the posts around here for a while, and I figured you'd be interested in this (my apologies if it's a...

gremmy
replies: 142 views: 82,386
robertopisa 26th December 2017

I can not seem to find what I’m looking for in searches...I have a 18x12x8 room with a 6’ knee wall on two side and a vaulted...

Evenian
replies: 1 views: 565
jikky 24th December 2017

I helped a friend out by ordering a bunch of 703 2" through my business. He no longer needs it and now I'm in a sticky...

maxy
replies: 4 views: 656
Lordcloud 21st December 2017

I am planning on purchasing a few panels from GIK Acoustics UK. Room is 5x4x3 meters. It is a control room for mixing...

andy3
replies: 0 views: 507
andy3 12th December 2017

Got advice on here that moving blankets can at least somewhat help a bad sounding room. Went to U-Haul to purchase the...

C0419
replies: 40 views: 36,727
artistsmb8 12th December 2017

I'm thinking of buying stock Knauf insulation from GIK (Knauf Insulation - GIK Acoustics) and putting putting three each inside...

artist202
replies: 0 views: 517
artist202 10th December 2017

Hi all I would like to know if someone has any idea or xp with these: Jocavi Acoustic Panels - Products

androne
replies: 3 views: 1,569
mikelongaudio 5th December 2017

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search