The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

My dad and I are fed up with peaks and null in the mix and tracking room in our studio. We've decided to build 24 - 2'X4'...

Jason Poulin
replies: 137 views: 184,181
johannburkard 29th August 2018

Hi! There seems to be alot of talk about bass trapping on the board right now so I thought it was a good idea to post some...

Cojo
replies: 1,359 views: 1,075,619
Pteradactylist 7th December 2017

Today i started a project to build some quadratic residue diffusers. Overall not a difficult project--even though i used only...

jeremycox
replies: 121 views: 192,237
philsaudio 21st February 2017

Is polyester wool suitable for building Bass traps?

replies: 26 views: 3,406
Djones 1 hour ago

Hi, I've read the posts about DIY Billys and Kilbys and Gerbsys etc, but I'm left with some confusion. I want to add two corner...

flextone
replies: 9 views: 169
flextone 7 hours ago

This is kind of a naive question, so surely the answers will be interesting... During my planning I have been simply looking at...

MF_Kitten
replies: 1 views: 90
thethrillfactor 23 hours ago

HI, I am very new to room acoustics and have been reading through various articles and forums extensively. I do realize there...

Luke K
replies: 74 views: 28,874
hello people 2 days ago

Ok, I have a question, might be stupid, but what the hack Why not just take 2 big card boards and fill them with whichever...

raz_klinghoffer
replies: 11 views: 2,657
housegezeichnet 6 days ago

I'd love to DIY some acoustic panels and bass traps but I have little access to any tools, and a proper building set up and...

rawisthemotto
replies: 2 views: 179
joeq 6 days ago

Pictured is an empty space that I will be making into a combination control room/live room. Dimensions are approximately 30’ x...

mattberkeley
replies: 1 views: 115
joeq 6 days ago

hey guys, I'm having problem with MDF, most of my diffusers that are made of MDFs I think are producing some kind of fume that is...

jrubbernek
replies: 21 views: 4,267
rudie152 1 week ago

Hi All, I know it’s been established that Bradford Fibretex 350 is the closest thing to OC we’ve got here in Oz, but...

Angrychris
replies: 0 views: 95
Angrychris 1 week ago

Hi Everybody, howdy I hope this is not imposing, but I found some of the threads here really helpful so I thought I might...

notimeforarcs
replies: 9 views: 189
Deleted 56021e5 1 week ago

I am thinking of using four foot wide pegboard from floor to ceiling in the corners of my live room. I will pack it full of...

smokapot
replies: 19 views: 10,067
latestflavor 1 week ago

For my studio I am tearing down the wood from all walls and ceiling, stuffing all empty spaces with mineral wool, and covering it...

MF_Kitten
replies: 7 views: 172
MF_Kitten 1 week ago

Hi guys, I've been reading the posts around here for a while, and I figured you'd be interested in this (my apologies if it's a...

gremmy
replies: 169 views: 115,377
MoyenChari 1 week ago

I'm looking to do some sound treatment in my church. I looked at absorption coefficient for Roxul RHT 80. I was thinking I would...

StevenAndres
replies: 54 views: 13,056
Deleted 56021e5 1 week ago

Hi, I started to get way more into acoustics and also started measuring my room because I’m not happy how the room is...

Dayvi
replies: 0 views: 110
Dayvi 2 weeks ago

I found a local seller who is moving out of the state and who's willing to sell three Primacoustic Full Traps for $300. I...

MarathonMan
replies: 15 views: 420
dmac660 2 weeks ago

So, I'm converting my 2'x4' gobo's into PRD diffusors on one side. I've heard that repetition is bad, but what if I stack two of...

wesarvin
replies: 11 views: 9,332
D_T_Music 2 weeks ago

Hello, I am planning on building floor to ceiling super chunk bass traps in my studio. I have seen a lot of conflicting...

kurama3114
replies: 0 views: 152
kurama3114 2 weeks ago

I am getting ready to invest in a Leater Couch for my Control Room. As I was shopping for couches, I realized that there were...

RonT
replies: 7 views: 3,485
The Lotus Kid 2 weeks ago

So, I've got 5 of these panels leftover from a home improvement project. I believe it's also called Rockboard in some areas?...

dojosound
replies: 5 views: 269
dojosound 3 weeks ago

Hello all, After lots of reading on here and other sources, I'm thinking I'll probably use Rockboard 40 for the treatment of my...

thruhiker
replies: 1 views: 156
thethrillfactor 3 weeks ago

After several threads here on the relative safety of rockwool, fiberglass, and organic fibers, I did a few days of digging...

audiovisceral
replies: 106 views: 162,385
fromthepuggle 3 weeks ago

Hey y'all, I've got a window in the reflection zone on my right side that I cover partially with a bass trap to kill the early...

jayme
replies: 3 views: 207
jayme 3 weeks ago

I have seen many studios having angled broadband bass traps. What's the difference versus just filling the whole wall...

Mr. Maki
replies: 1 views: 194
Mike Caffrey 3 weeks ago

Hi, I'm about to build a large number of BAD (Binary Amplitube Diffsorber) panels for a recording room. I purchased the book...

AMelbye
replies: 1 views: 224
Deleted 56021e5 3 weeks ago

Products with density and air flow resistivity data: Terminology: Air Flow Resistivity (in Norwegian: strømningsmotstand) is...

tlindaas
replies: 43 views: 40,020
Deckdaddy 4 weeks ago

I'm about to build some 60 x 60 x 85cm floor to ceiling superchunks for the four corners in my studio and i'm having a bit of a...

tiraquon
replies: 0 views: 173
tiraquon 4 weeks ago

I’m looking a building some DIY acoustic panels and I’m researching insulation material available here in Australia. This...

Tricky Fish
replies: 6 views: 217
avare 26th August 2020

Can I turn this 2' x 4' closet into a vocal booth by putting foam on the walls? I was thinking of using foam factory and covering...

rolomoto
replies: 1 views: 145
edva 25th August 2020

There seems to be much confusing about bass traps so I thought I would start a new thread that discusses the different types and...

Bonemeister
replies: 44 views: 32,825
The Chancellor 19th August 2020

Hi, I have a pallet full of 75kg/m3 Rockwool that I would like to use for treating a small control room. I will build floor to...

stenerlov
replies: 10 views: 378
stenerlov 18th August 2020

After having built and used quite a few DIY diffusors for the last 2 years I'd like to share some thoughts on my newest (and most...

G. E.
replies: 518 views: 343,896
blackfinder 18th August 2020

Hey slutz, I'm wondering why are superchunks triangle shaped and not square shaped. With a square shaped you can place...

petertjed
replies: 34 views: 6,578
Youn 17th August 2020

I just started this project this afternoon. :)

seiyafan
replies: 5 views: 6,821
The Chancellor 14th August 2020

Hi there. I wish to create a mixing/ listening room that I may record vocals in with an SM7B. My problem with this room is the...

Dualwreck
replies: 1 views: 182
thethrillfactor 14th August 2020

Over the years I have had great success fixing smallish room bass problems with limp mass absorbers. As there are so many...

Tim Farrant
replies: 994 views: 413,351
The Chancellor 12th August 2020

Hi guys. I've been reading a lot about diffusion, and it seems the general consensus is diffusion isn't very cost effective in...

horsound
replies: 0 views: 169
horsound 9th August 2020

Hi everyone, Two years ago I built several bass traps and broadband absorbers using rockwool and black Camira Cara, bought...

horsound
replies: 1 views: 164
horsound 9th August 2020

Hi there, I would like to treat a small studio space 4m by 3m, height is 2.8m with false ceiling around it measuring roughly 2.4m...

jazztronaut
replies: 2 views: 216
jazztronaut 9th August 2020

I'm not getting expected results using acousticmodelling.com multilayer absorber calculator for limp membrane traps. Putting...

maxiedaniels
replies: 6 views: 309
Storm Mastering 8th August 2020

Due to the Covid, I'm spending a lot more time tracking in my home studio. And while I have the room set up well enough for...

developermusic
replies: 29 views: 467
Bushman 7th August 2020

Hello. I’ve been searching and searching trying to find the name and product specs of a panel I’ve seen used in a few high...

Audiovideoholic
replies: 7 views: 277
Audiovideoholic 3rd August 2020

Hi All, Long time lurker, first time poster. Due to COVID, most post studios in LA are closed and more of us are being asked...

WFH_Guy
replies: 101 views: 1,277
WFH_Guy 2nd August 2020

I am looking at different materials for bass trapping, and decided to do some additional experiments. I have some panels of...

MF_Kitten
replies: 0 views: 137
MF_Kitten 29th July 2020

So after reading a ton here, I tried my luck at building a very simple bass trap - porous absorbers are so simple, it can't go...

Booinky
replies: 2 views: 341
Antmou 29th July 2020

Hi, I have just moved into a new place and purchased Vicoustic super bass extremes for the front wall. 6 of them. 3 on each...

CemA
replies: 6 views: 385
Jens Eklund 26th July 2020

Hey! I just built some fat super chunk corner bass traps, from floor to ceiling using triangles of Rockwool insulation (30 kg/m3)...

LeadingLeo
replies: 11 views: 705
MF_Kitten 26th July 2020

Ok so I have been reading quite a bit about the DIY bass traps on here using Rockboard 40-60. Tell me if I'm correct as to my...

Lexicondonn
replies: 9 views: 2,533
B BOY 26th July 2020

Hi there, I've read quite a few posts around this question but can't seem to find a concise answer (I don't speak technical...

katelyndawn89
replies: 9 views: 1,012
nomekop2000 24th July 2020

When I search Google for high density foam I get a lot of results for cushion and sofa foam. Will any of these work provided...

d4z0mg
replies: 0 views: 155
d4z0mg 24th July 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search