The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

My dad and I are fed up with peaks and null in the mix and tracking room in our studio. We've decided to build 24 - 2'X4'...

Jason Poulin
replies: 137 views: 182,829
johannburkard 29th August 2018

Hi! There seems to be alot of talk about bass trapping on the board right now so I thought it was a good idea to post some...

Cojo
replies: 1,359 views: 1,063,445
Pteradactylist 7th December 2017

Today i started a project to build some quadratic residue diffusers. Overall not a difficult project--even though i used only...

jeremycox
replies: 121 views: 190,057
philsaudio 21st February 2017

OK, So I need to build some bass traps. As I am in the UK rockwool is the easiest available, most of which can be bought off...

lanmonkey
replies: 59 views: 50,744
avare 13 hours ago

in other words, what does this mean and how does it relate to acoustical/absortion properties (and compared to for example ever...

esaias
replies: 140 views: 61,793
esaias 3 days ago

After having built and used quite a few DIY diffusors for the last 2 years I'd like to share some thoughts on my newest (and most...

G. E.
replies: 514 views: 338,128
G. E. 4 days ago

What's the best insulation measurements? (choose one) 1. 160mm thickness, 48kg/m3 density 2. 160mm thickness, 32kg/m3...

Barncore
replies: 2 views: 192
QifeiLee 6 days ago

After several threads here on the relative safety of rockwool, fiberglass, and organic fibers, I did a few days of digging...

audiovisceral
replies: 104 views: 157,863
FelixOlivier 1 week ago

Over the years I have had great success fixing smallish room bass problems with limp mass absorbers. As there are so many...

Tim Farrant
replies: 989 views: 397,203
dansantoso 1 week ago

After reading many, many acoustic treatment threads, I've noticed what appears to be a general preference for broadband low...

glorycloud
replies: 11 views: 236
glorycloud 1 week ago

Hi. I just added subwoofers to my 2-channel system and took some room measurements with REW, please find attached. Green is...

galpi
replies: 0 views: 175
galpi 1 week ago

TL;DR: I need help deciding what sort of acoustic treatment I should use in my square room (3.5m x 3.5m, 2.5m H), I don't want to...

mat_down_under
replies: 11 views: 224
dinococcus 2 weeks ago

I just ordered three 4 inch thick 24" x 48" ATS acoustic panels. Are there stands out there that would work for with...

scannedlife
replies: 3 views: 153
nosebleedaudio 2 weeks ago

hello, on the weekend i finally finished my latest DIY room acoustics project. due to the absolutely great improvement the...

airmate
replies: 150 views: 122,456
Samuelito 2 weeks ago

Hey there gearslutz I am a little lost as to where to go from here. I have a room with 5 corners which I have built floor to...

cashhigh
replies: 1 views: 131
cashhigh 3 weeks ago

Hello all! I have been lurking here and on the JS forum for a number of months while designing and building my electronic music...

DreamWalker
replies: 4 views: 666
Lewis Robertson 3 weeks ago

I need to isolate my monitors from my desk. In an ideal world, things would be different, but I have a height constraint...

RockstarWizkidd
replies: 0 views: 118
RockstarWizkidd 3 weeks ago

Hi All, long time lurker, first time poster. There is NOT a specific problem I am trying to fix, and therefore no pretty...

Ipspam
replies: 4 views: 292
IEC 3 weeks ago

Hey all ! I found this video and his back wall looks amazing. I'd be curious if the pattern of the walls are random or...

DownSideUp
replies: 1 views: 176
SkyWriter 4 weeks ago

I've just installed lots of 10cm and 5cm thick panels to the walls in my control room, as well as GIK bass traps in the corners....

PaulMac
replies: 0 views: 187
PaulMac 4 weeks ago

Hey all, I'm moving my home studio from an extra bedroom to the basement. Good news - I gain 20' in length and 2' in width, but I...

DaveNJ
replies: 8 views: 1,113
WJohnston 4 weeks ago

Hi everyone, first time poster here. EDIT: tldr is that I bought some used low range monster bass traps and the previous owner...

lyonsno
replies: 0 views: 150
lyonsno 4 weeks ago

Hi I have just bought a house and my studio is in a small room which is 2m W x 3m L x 2.5 H. I am looking to treat it and have...

captaink
replies: 10 views: 330
Jens Eklund 4 weeks ago

It seems to be conventional wisdom that we keep our monitors set up vertically- the reasoning being that we are more likely to...

dasnub
replies: 15 views: 6,068
Jens Eklund 4 weeks ago

My room needs more treatment for absorbing very low frequencies. I have a cabinet covering one wall. I thought about putting bass...

travelboy
replies: 5 views: 2,522
lahatte 1st May 2020

Hey guys, I'm in the process of recording vocals for my first album and therefore facing a couple of problems: 1. my studio is...

Maschu
replies: 10 views: 293
slaves666 26th April 2020

I have a number of Owens Corning 703 panels and a partial bolt of Guilford fabric left from a previous project. Has anyone...

Rick Sanchez
replies: 20 views: 8,188
eightinchninja 26th April 2020

Hello once again this is canadian audio boi looking for some advice. The only options i have here in canada are primacoustic,...

canadianaudioboi
replies: 2 views: 248
kgveteran 25th April 2020

Hey, I am about to purchase some material for bass trapping/treatment in my room. They are semi rigid poly batts that will be...

IEC
replies: 0 views: 156
IEC 23rd April 2020

To avoid wasting everyone's time, I'll just start with a few basic facts that will probably grind this conversation to a halt...

Stormchild
replies: 25 views: 409
Stormchild 22nd April 2020

Hey its canadian audio boi. I want a DEAD room dead and dull. Cant treat the ceiling. But i can get a huge...

canadianaudioboi
replies: 0 views: 133
canadianaudioboi 22nd April 2020

Hi- Im planning on treating most of the back wall of my new studio (will set up a build thread on it once I can get on site...

Rtroost
replies: 4 views: 244
Rtroost 20th April 2020

Hello everyone, I want to threat rear wall with 120cm depth of glass wool. Which density do I use ? 8 kg/m^3 , 10 kg/m^3 , 16 ...

Carl1988
replies: 6 views: 421
alevinai 18th April 2020

Hi there, I've read quite a few posts around this question but can't seem to find a concise answer (I don't speak technical...

katelyndawn89
replies: 8 views: 605
Jens Eklund 17th April 2020

I found a local seller who is moving out of the state and who's willing to sell three Primacoustic Full Traps for $300. I...

MarathonMan
replies: 14 views: 262
thethrillfactor 15th April 2020

Hi, do you know where I can find thick foam panels like those in the video? (in Europe) Thanks ...

sigmundsuperstar
replies: 4 views: 812
Speeddemon 14th April 2020

Hi I am canadian audio boi. I would get real traps but its tough where i live (british columbia) which is why my only choice...

canadianaudioboi
replies: 6 views: 268
avare 12th April 2020

I have a relatively small room. It's about 4 meters wide and 5 meters long. (13 by 16.5 feet) To treat the room i went out...

Alexander_
replies: 1 views: 225
avare 12th April 2020

Hello it is canadian audio boi with a third question. I cannot install anything on the ceiling, as it is a popcorn ceiling and...

canadianaudioboi
replies: 0 views: 143
canadianaudioboi 12th April 2020

Hey its canadian audio boi again. Quick question for the audio experts. I am wondering if there is any acoustic benefit to...

canadianaudioboi
replies: 0 views: 136
canadianaudioboi 12th April 2020

Hello everyone, I'm very new to this board and also very new to acoustic treatment but I've been reading the threads here and...

Chet_Rockstone
replies: 28 views: 838
Chet_Rockstone 10th April 2020

Hi guys , I've attached images of the space I've managed to blag at home for my music setup. Do any of you have some ideas...

serious steve
replies: 0 views: 123
serious steve 8th April 2020

Hello all, I have the possibility of using this material (picture attached) for free. I thought I could make a few panels for...

VlaVlnPlayer
replies: 3 views: 230
VlaVlnPlayer 7th April 2020

Hello there! I would be happy getting some feedback on the following: Is it OK to combine panels in the same array a) which...

alphon
replies: 0 views: 185
alphon 3rd April 2020

Greetings all. This is my first acoustics post and I'd love your collective wisdom on the below... I've just built and...

brettman
replies: 14 views: 799
Jochen Schulz 3rd April 2020

I'm just curious: How would a big stack of rolls of toilet paper fare as a makeshift bass trap in...

12ax7
replies: 6 views: 242
12ax7 31st March 2020

Forum members, experts, I wonder if you can help me? – I am an amateur music listening enthusiast, so please excuse the...

Mike56
replies: 4 views: 407
Mike56 31st March 2020

Hey! I just built some fat super chunk corner bass traps, from floor to ceiling using triangles of Rockwool insulation (30 kg/m3)...

LeadingLeo
replies: 6 views: 428
RobbyPowell 31st March 2020

Hey All, I've done a quick video of my experimentation with moving blankets in my studio I am building. I wanted to tame some...

RedTone
replies: 20 views: 534
chessparov2.0 30th March 2020

Hi guys, I recently purchased a number of panels and bass traps for my bedroom studio. The foam is manufactured by dunlop (you...

revamped
replies: 10 views: 2,404
EpicEsquire 25th March 2020

I've built numerous porous absorbers, membrane absorbers, Helmholtz absorbers, and VPRs within the last years always wondering...

G. E.
replies: 307 views: 87,626
Exprymer 24th March 2020

Is it good idea to build acoustic panels and bass traps with rebounded foam? Picture:...

arif
replies: 0 views: 195
arif 24th March 2020

Hello fellow slutz! I'm looking for suggestions for count and placement of bass traps for my home studio/listening room. The room...

duxsmer
replies: 8 views: 1,121
Bushman 23rd March 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search