The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Bass traps, acoustic panels, foam etc

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi! There seems to be alot of talk about bass trapping on the board right now so I thought it was a good idea to post some...

Cojo
replies: 1,359 views: 972,267
Pteradactylist 7th December 2017

Today i started a project to build some quadratic residue diffusers. Overall not a difficult project--even though i used only...

jeremycox
replies: 121 views: 175,120
philsaudio 21st February 2017

My dad and I are fed up with peaks and null in the mix and tracking room in our studio. We've decided to build 24 - 2'X4'...

Jason Poulin
replies: 136 views: 171,692
Spare Monkey 8th March 2013

A question or two for the acousti-geniuses out there... I have been wondering about the suitability of tapestries and thicker...

Temple of Light
replies: 4 views: 229
Temple of Light 1 day ago

Hi, I'm building a pair of speaker stands. I filled stand with sand and it weighs 33 kg. I thought it's a bit overkill and took...

Rairun
replies: 28 views: 7,215
dedham50 1 day ago

Hi Guys.............long time reader, rarely a poster etc....oops. Question; I have read, I think, all the threads on...

jaykay
replies: 53 views: 13,245
Teej 1 day ago

After doing some research and comparing my options in my price range, I went ahead and ordered the Primacoustic London 10 kit....

Metal123
replies: 2 views: 335
yukonacoustics 2 days ago

HAPPY NEW YEAR PEOPLE ! :) Love some advice please as im looking to decouple my monitors and after some reading it seems that...

PRIME8PRODUCTIONS
replies: 7 views: 255
PRIME8PRODUCTIONS 3 days ago

Curious as to how Carl uses these as his side wall treatment? They seem fairly thick & may also provide some diffusion due to...

jc7
replies: 0 views: 209
jc7 5 days ago

Hello there, Im inquiring about some information I found on this forum a while back and cant seem to find the post. Basically I...

MikeyHayek
replies: 0 views: 187
MikeyHayek 5 days ago

Hi guys I'm a noob in acoustics, I think my room is a mess and I already made big improvements with foam (very likely sub-optimal...

bnoise
replies: 11 views: 501
DanDan 5 days ago

Guys, If you are using mineral wool in your rooms for broadband absorbtion, which thickness are you using or do you use...

Giboman
replies: 7 views: 462
DanDan 1 week ago

Is polyester wool suitable for building Bass traps?

replies: 23 views: 1,089
lectric 1 week ago

Hello! I would love to invest in bass traps but I am not keen on buying the foam ones as I read all around the net that they...

FoxMulderFBI
replies: 9 views: 438
mrc 1 week ago

I was musing out loud in another thread and came up with this as a possibility for my studio...Has anyone else around here...

Temple of Light
replies: 3 views: 397
Temple of Light 1 week ago

I am building a ceiling cloud next week (703, 4 inches thick, 4 feet by 4 feet). I am wondering what is the ideal placement for...

aleatoric
replies: 27 views: 15,019
Magickman 1 week ago

I've been asked to construct a sound diffuser to be placed behind the choir loft at my church. The Skyline diffuser is the look...

Audioignorant
replies: 2 views: 217
dinococcus 2 weeks ago

I was just surfin the net for acoustic stuff and came across this: ACDA-12 Activated Carbon Diaphragmatic...

satisfaction2009
replies: 0 views: 258
satisfaction2009 2 weeks ago

Hi, I have a small home studio, 3.80m(l)X2.80m(w)x2.70m(h), for recording mainly vocals and mixing. I treated the room...

oriweissman
replies: 6 views: 1,644
jc7 2 weeks ago

Over the years I have had great success fixing smallish room bass problems with limp mass absorbers. As there are so many...

Tim Farrant
replies: 922 views: 297,586
pixelsnpings 2 weeks ago

Hey everyone, This is probably the easiest DIY fix in the world, but I'm not usually a DIY'er: I just bought some used bass...

illold3chordme
replies: 0 views: 186
illold3chordme 2 weeks ago

Hi, I've been looking for (health-save) alternatives to fiberglass and found a number of materials based on polyester fiber,...

Neutrino
replies: 13 views: 2,600
lectric 2 weeks ago

Hi, I have been using the calculator at Acoustic Modelling - Home Page and wanted to ask a couple newbie questions; first I...

Unexplainedbacon
replies: 2 views: 239
Unexplainedbacon 3 weeks ago

Hey guys, So due to some tracking to be done in the upcoming weeks/months, I am looking to build some DIY traps for my humble...

Red Leader
replies: 0 views: 201
Red Leader 3 weeks ago

Hi there! It's taken a few years, but I've finally got a 5.1.4 home theatre setup that I love. I've got Dynaudio Contour...

fullshred
replies: 2 views: 314
DanDan 3 weeks ago

Hi guys, I've been reading the posts around here for a while, and I figured you'd be interested in this (my apologies if it's a...

gremmy
replies: 142 views: 81,203
robertopisa 4 weeks ago

I can not seem to find what I’m looking for in searches...I have a 18x12x8 room with a 6’ knee wall on two side and a vaulted...

Evenian
replies: 1 views: 363
jikky 4 weeks ago

I helped a friend out by ordering a bunch of 703 2" through my business. He no longer needs it and now I'm in a sticky...

maxy
replies: 4 views: 523
Lordcloud 4 weeks ago

HI, I'm trying to find some OC 703 or Rockboard 40/60/80 locally because online the shipping is basically as much as the product...

Unexplainedbacon
replies: 0 views: 309
Unexplainedbacon 14th December 2017

Hi All I have installed chunky bass traps in 3 corners with one smaller one above the door. Question is: What should I do...

therose75
replies: 0 views: 287
therose75 13th December 2017

I am planning on purchasing a few panels from GIK Acoustics UK. Room is 5x4x3 meters. It is a control room for mixing...

andy3
replies: 0 views: 339
andy3 12th December 2017

Got advice on here that moving blankets can at least somewhat help a bad sounding room. Went to U-Haul to purchase the...

C0419
replies: 40 views: 35,371
artistsmb8 12th December 2017

I'm thinking of buying stock Knauf insulation from GIK (Knauf Insulation - GIK Acoustics) and putting putting three each inside...

artist202
replies: 0 views: 370
artist202 10th December 2017

Hi all I would like to know if someone has any idea or xp with these: Jocavi Acoustic Panels - Products

androne
replies: 3 views: 1,478
mikelongaudio 5th December 2017

Anyone have any experience with Jocavi acoustic panels? They look really stylish. Untitled Document

bee
replies: 11 views: 4,099
mikelongaudio 5th December 2017

Hello everyone, First thread here, hopefully I posted it in the right place. I've been lurking for almost a month now and I'm...

Adrian_Cesar
replies: 2 views: 410
Adrian_Cesar 4th December 2017

Hello, I'm looking to add some bass traps and acoustic panels to my existing theatre room. From reading the forum posts (thanks...

DoughMucker
replies: 7 views: 442
DoughMucker 3rd December 2017

I have moved to a new house and are trying to find the optimal speaker placement. I am not looking for anyone to tell me where to...

The Vulture
replies: 39 views: 23,110
pfg 28th November 2017

i went to so many stores trying to find something suitable, but im stumped. anyone have any recommendations for places to get...

erich
replies: 23 views: 18,704
torosufuk 26th November 2017

.I almost posted this under the "Remote Possibilities" jurisdiction, but then I figured there wold be more folks over...

12ax7
replies: 26 views: 3,295
Zek 21st November 2017

Hello everyone, I own the SVS Ultra 5.1 speakers with PB2000 subwoofer for some time now. (2 years Approx.). Installed them in...

shareknow
replies: 1 views: 404
Bushman 21st November 2017

I am wondering if it's possible to create a helmholtz resonator using perforated hardboard in a groove which is surrounded by...

pencilextremist
replies: 1 views: 318
pencilextremist 18th November 2017

I wonder how these would do for bass trap frames? A bit on the thick side weighing in at nearly 10" in depth, but it...

replies: 14 views: 5,068
Jonathan Race 15th November 2017

Article Whitepaper linked in article.

GRBoomer
replies: 11 views: 541
Lee Wilson 14th November 2017

Hey everyone, I need some advice for this 42hz room mode that I have. Its definitely the length of my room thats doing it. My...

keymotive
replies: 2 views: 363
mirochandler 13th November 2017

Reading as many posts and articles as i can. Have a room with one bad mode around 44Hz. I'm filling the ceiling joists with in....

tymish
replies: 5 views: 443
dinococcus 12th November 2017

Hello all. I move about every two years for my job so I'm looking for recommendations on DIY sound panels, bass traps, diffusors,...

Dgsaudio
replies: 1 views: 294
Bushman 10th November 2017

Hi guys. Thanks to the huge amount of information on this forum I managed to improve very significantly the acoustics of my...

horsound
replies: 3 views: 739
GRBoomer 6th November 2017

I'm building some framed superchunks for front corners of my control room out of pink fluffy with a wood frame, and plywood tops...

charmingtedious
replies: 3 views: 444
kgveteran 3rd November 2017

I’m trying to treat a 20x12’ room using 2” auralex wedgies. I understand the limitations of acoustic foam, however, I...

antisun
replies: 1 views: 322
jikky 30th October 2017

Hello guys, I am in a little place to record my sound a 2x2 ( only for mic), i am wondering what is the best bass trap i could...

DoubleJo
replies: 20 views: 642
mirochandler 25th October 2017

Hi All, Do you need to HANG acoustic clouds from the ceiling (as opposed to mounting them flush) for them to be effective? ...

TCW
replies: 28 views: 12,195
DanDan 24th October 2017

ok, i searched an hour, i give up now. i'm sure the info is somewhere but i can't locate it... i want to hang some panels as...

futur2
replies: 9 views: 1,342
bottombunk 24th October 2017

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search