The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

My dad and I are fed up with peaks and null in the mix and tracking room in our studio. We've decided to build 24 - 2'X4'...

Jason Poulin
replies: 137 views: 175,737
johannburkard 29th August 2018

Hi! There seems to be alot of talk about bass trapping on the board right now so I thought it was a good idea to post some...

Cojo
replies: 1,359 views: 1,009,919
Pteradactylist 7th December 2017

Today i started a project to build some quadratic residue diffusers. Overall not a difficult project--even though i used only...

jeremycox
replies: 121 views: 180,790
philsaudio 21st February 2017

Hello everyone. I'm looking for totally safe materials for broadband absorber panels and found these products. What do you...

mark88
replies: 0 views: 139
mark88 15 hours ago

I'm going to build traps as shown in the first attached image. They make sense to me in terms of the size of the room and from an...

GreeneNoise
replies: 8 views: 364
GreeneNoise 1 day ago

As I travel down the path of DIY acoustic treatment, I wonder if anyone happens to know what the low end room response of some...

chris carter
replies: 57 views: 10,443
DeronDaum 2 days ago

hi all i'm based in France, and i can easily find those rockwool panels : "Rockwool Rockplus 50Kg/m3 100mm", which...

neuro
replies: 115 views: 38,644
DB117 2 days ago

What's up ?, So yess im actually planning my ''project'' for acoustic panels and bass traps for my very small sleeping room...

Gdupproductions
replies: 114 views: 20,949
DB117 2 days ago

Hey guys. I made some rockwool 8" (20cm) broadband bass traps and they are very heavy. Each has around 51 pounds...

Mr. Maki
replies: 0 views: 256
Mr. Maki 3 days ago

I am turning my living room into a set for live musical performances. I will be recording 16 tracks audio and shooting 3 HD...

evillain
replies: 17 views: 37,692
unirosh 3 days ago

I've finally started to build my studio. It sure is 90% planning and 10% building as the quote says! The acoustic designer...

ostfisk
replies: 4 views: 529
dinococcus 5 days ago

I have a closet in one corner of my studio and it’s so far been a pain to design acoustic treatment around. Then last night I...

brownerthanu
replies: 3 views: 291
brownerthanu 6 days ago

Any thoughts on using a stainless steel Rolling shelf for a corner trap with either roxul, R30 fluffy or 703? I have four...

bountytracker
replies: 1 views: 650
DSwaltz 6 days ago

Hi, I have my studio in the loft with sloping ceiling and a mostly glass wall at opposite end. What's the best approach to...

orbita
replies: 1 views: 235
johannburkard 1 week ago

In this thread amongst other things; Great points Demetris. I find amazing how ignorant people here are of the speed of...

avare
replies: 21 views: 7,516
smartypants 1 week ago

Hello, I'm currently tracking and mixing in the same room. It's in my rehearsal space which is 15' X 20'with 14' ceilings. I'm...

Nu-tra
replies: 0 views: 243
Nu-tra 1 week ago

Hello, I bought polyester padding (3cm thickness) to cover my DIY rockwool panels. One thing bothers me: I have read that one...

Jo24
replies: 0 views: 167
Jo24 1 week ago

I've built numerous porous absorbers, membrane absorbers, Helmholtz absorbers, and VPRs within the last years always wondering...

G. E.
replies: 299 views: 74,889
thompsontechs 1 week ago

Is this product okay to use for super chunk bass traps ? UltraBatt™ Insulation |...

HashBerry
replies: 5 views: 929
Unoriginable 2 weeks ago

Over the years I have had great success fixing smallish room bass problems with limp mass absorbers. As there are so many...

Tim Farrant
replies: 942 views: 333,229
PaulRain 2 weeks ago

hello, on the weekend i finally finished my latest DIY room acoustics project. due to the absolutely great improvement the...

airmate
replies: 141 views: 115,408
petealcock 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone, Before I explain, I would like to clarify that I am not posting this to make any accusations or create an...

debo5150
replies: 98 views: 45,216
Eatin Weenies 2 weeks ago

I got some acoustic foam panels from a friend who didn't have any place for them anymore, and I figured I'd ask you guys where it...

steffeeH
replies: 1 views: 188
steffeeH 2 weeks ago

Now and again a client comes back with an inspired idea or process. This is from John Crone of Manor Studio Cobh in Ireland....

DanDan
replies: 51 views: 35,956
ichighost 2 weeks ago

Hi , I found this company when I was googeling for acoustic foam in...

Osten Powers
replies: 15 views: 3,854
Raymond888 3 weeks ago

A recent wind storm sent a branch smack through one of the panels on the roof of my new metal storage shed, making a hole about...

shanemcguire1
replies: 9 views: 4,169
Welles 3 weeks ago

Hi, I'm using a lot of this stuff in a small space, - clouds, wall panels, corner panels,.... My question is, considering the...

hywyn
replies: 15 views: 5,307
WorldPowerLabs 3 weeks ago

Question: Are VPRs a good way to treat SBIR problems? Preamble: I've recently came out of 3-year depression about my previous...

Galaxy Wizard
replies: 0 views: 188
Galaxy Wizard 4 weeks ago

Im about to go on a crazy read/research fest looking up how to build tuned membrane traps, but if anyone has a link, any images,...

JLiRD808
replies: 21 views: 9,071
HCMarkus 4 weeks ago

I'd like to convert a broadband absorber (135 cm x 110 xm x 40cm (depth)) on my front wall made of 30cm of Rockwool Roulrock...

JayPee
replies: 1 views: 261
JayPee 4 weeks ago

Hello, I have an 18 m2 listening room.In order to adress a 20 db pic at 60 hz (vertical mode) i have used successfully 12 BBC...

charles sabbah
replies: 9 views: 3,446
PaulRain 13th November 2018

In planning for sound absorption in my little home space i had a thought and thought id run it past you guys who know about this...

douglass
replies: 0 views: 196
douglass 12th November 2018

How do you mount foam on a wall? The wall is painted sheetrock...the foam is cheapo Auralex-looking stuff. I've tried two...

springs
replies: 43 views: 182,290
daskar101 11th November 2018

I would like to see a discussion on this and to see more clearly the benefits and drawbacks of different types of treatment. I...

Bjorn Omholt
replies: 85 views: 34,003
JayPee 8th November 2018

Have been wondering about this for a while... Whenever you are out at a party & the music is loud, if you are holding an...

kevin nowhow
replies: 15 views: 2,726
Granny Nakajima 8th November 2018

After having built and used quite a few DIY diffusors for the last 2 years I'd like to share some thoughts on my newest (and most...

G. E.
replies: 507 views: 311,459
housegezeichnet 4th November 2018

Hi folks, I've got some ATC SCM110ASL Pros on order. I'll be making my own custom stands for them. Could anyone suggest...

I.R.Baboon
replies: 2 views: 267
dinococcus 4th November 2018

Hi gearslutz, I was browsing around and I stumbled upon a picture of a Binary Amplitude diffuser, does anyone know how to make...

jrubbernek
replies: 105 views: 53,054
housegezeichnet 2nd November 2018

I don't really understand the math behind the skyline diffusors so I want to follow a plan which gives the sizes for each piece. ...

morebutter
replies: 25 views: 11,942
takman 2nd November 2018

I'm looking for Owens Corning 705 or something very similar for my control room. The only issue remaining after treating the room...

PaulMac
replies: 0 views: 222
PaulMac 1st November 2018

I’m considering putting my 703 panels in plastic to reduce fiber shedding. I move a lot and I would prefer to not have to worry...

brownerthanu
replies: 2 views: 308
brownerthanu 29th October 2018

I'm moving into a new apartment and for the first time in my life I will be above someone... so obviously I'm concerned about...

CPhoenix
replies: 1 views: 465
sruinsulation 29th October 2018

I've browsed this site for a few days, I have a couple questions on fabricating a corner bass trap. I have seen a few builds...

adauphin
replies: 1 views: 392
adauphin 27th October 2018

I wanted to build some acoustic panels and bass traps for my studio....now the acoustic panels look really easy to make, but the...

gearhead1
replies: 3 views: 542
akebrake 25th October 2018

I’m building my acoustic treatments. They are 16x14x6 (interior dimensions). I have purchased speaker cloth for the facing....

radiumking
replies: 0 views: 235
radiumking 23rd October 2018

I may be getting ready to make some bass traps/absorbers for my small venue.... OC703 is not available in Thailand, so I'm going...

Parsnip
replies: 3 views: 895
W4u 21st October 2018

Nothing too important, just wondering...does mineral wool have any of the 'itching' qualities of fibergalss? Just bought some, ...

MikeFFG
replies: 12 views: 7,201
elgordito 17th October 2018

Im planning to do a QRD 1D for the back of my room ( My small production room ) 120 cm (W) x 60 (H) x 15 cm So I came up with...

JayPee
replies: 17 views: 388
Jens Eklund 14th October 2018

Desk Reflections Solved Reflections off my desk were driving me totally nuts. I’d be mixing a track, would move my head...

Subs
replies: 3 views: 1,779
Subs 14th October 2018

I recently added quite a bit of treatment to my small control room,.. 9.5' wide x 14' long x 8' high. I have SuperChunks ( made...

LSP
replies: 5 views: 411
Temple of Light 13th October 2018

My question is this, say I were to construct a 6" thick rigid fiberglass absorber out of Roxul Rockboard, but I used 3...

KaseDismissed
replies: 44 views: 3,082
brainditch 12th October 2018

Acoustic materials have their NRC values tested for each range of frequencies, with most "thin foam" having below...

Luster22
replies: 1 views: 274
Jens Eklund 11th October 2018

Hi! As it happens, I will have long-term access in the next couple of months to a basement area where I can record instruments....

poserp
replies: 0 views: 390
poserp 9th October 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search