The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Bass traps, acoustic panels, foam etc

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi! There seems to be alot of talk about bass trapping on the board right now so I thought it was a good idea to post some...

replies: 1,359 views: 981,902
Pteradactylist 7th December 2017

Today i started a project to build some quadratic residue diffusers. Overall not a difficult project--even though i used only...

replies: 121 views: 176,501
philsaudio 21st February 2017

My dad and I are fed up with peaks and null in the mix and tracking room in our studio. We've decided to build 24 - 2'X4'...

Jason Poulin
replies: 136 views: 172,684
Spare Monkey 8th March 2013

I recently completed building my absorption panel frames, which are made with 1x6's. My original intent was to use one, 3"...

replies: 1 views: 170
jikky 18 hours ago

They make them online for about $10 and I figure 50 x 26 would fit a 48 x 24 board and then stick them in a frame or go frameless

replies: 1 views: 193
TheKosherButcher 2 days ago

Hello. I'm new here. I've been reading awhile and have searched but... Is it possible to make well-functioning traps out of...

replies: 8 views: 922
philsaudio 2 days ago

I'm trying to build simple rigid fiberglass clouds for my studio. I think I have a solution, but it hinges on being able to glue...

replies: 9 views: 2,357
aksee 3 days ago

Howdy folks, My (home) recording + mixing studio is in the attic where two walls are parallel but the other two are slanted. For...

Cue Zephyr
replies: 0 views: 367
Cue Zephyr 3 days ago

is it possible to cover up the front of the rockwall bass trap with wood insted of fabric? i cant just cover it with...

replies: 29 views: 2,842
Alessa 4 days ago

I'm getting up to speed on applying acoustic treatment to my bedroom converted to a music room (playing, tracking and mixing)....

replies: 4 views: 487
Carl Freeland 4 days ago

Just finished building the frames for my diy absorption panels. Because of my room limitations I went with a 6" deep frame....

replies: 2 views: 233
LSP 5 days ago

Hi. I would be very grateful for a categorical answer regarding the space between my foam 'bass' traps and my ceiling walls...

Jimpanzee Salt
replies: 3 views: 679
PrittStick 6 days ago

I have a few pieces of duct board(compressed fiberglass with foil backing) and am thinking of building a panel to hang over the...

replies: 20 views: 40,238
Victor Paul 1 week ago

Over the years I have had great success fixing smallish room bass problems with limp mass absorbers. As there are so many...

Tim Farrant
replies: 930 views: 305,776
tarsonis 1 week ago

Hey fellow slutz, I would like to build something similar to a vocal booth. Let me tell you about the situation and my ideas and...

replies: 2 views: 317
UltramegaOK 1 week ago

A recent wind storm sent a branch smack through one of the panels on the roof of my new metal storage shed, making a hole about...

replies: 8 views: 3,770

Greetings from snowy Stockholm :) I had this (possibly stupid) idea - surround myself with mineral wool absorbers. Saw them...

replies: 3 views: 245
Temple of Light 1 week ago

Due to budget constraints, i'm going to attempt to DIY tube traps to get the QSF ( quick sound field) effect as suggested by...

replies: 12 views: 11,273
UltramegaOK 2 weeks ago

Hello- I'm looking to build dual-purpose floor-to-ceiling gobos, and seek advice on materials and construction. The dual...

replies: 17 views: 473
jikky 2 weeks ago

I have a set of walls in my listening room, 13' apart, the room is a rectangle. The lenth of the room is 19', those two surfaces...

replies: 4 views: 292
kgveteran 2 weeks ago

I recently moved from my parents’ basement to an appartrment on my own. While the acoustics and vocal recordings at my...

replies: 9 views: 256
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

I bought 20 polyester panels from Euroacoustik,to make bass traps.The problem i have is trying to cut the polyester.I tried with...

replies: 16 views: 266
Carl Freeland 2 weeks ago

I'm about to build some absorption panels and will be leaving the wood frames exposed (for aesthetics). I'll be using the 3"...

replies: 10 views: 318
John White 2 weeks ago

I've read all the threads I can find on this method of cheap bass trapping but can't find a definitive answer. I have enough...

replies: 1 views: 244
John White 3 weeks ago

i went to so many stores trying to find something suitable, but im stumped. anyone have any recommendations for places to get...

replies: 24 views: 19,283
ttippie 3 weeks ago

Hi all, Ok, apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere on the site. I'm sure i managed find some info in this when...

replies: 2 views: 286
stripealipe 3 weeks ago

Most DIY skyline diffusers I've seen are made out of cut to length 2x2's. I have a stack of 2x4's I could rip and use, but of...

replies: 1 views: 232
John White 4 weeks ago

Hi guys I just made a skyline diffuser from Lego blocks, I'm wondering what you guys think? is it worth it? and how effective...

replies: 45 views: 15,665
mr_martin 4 weeks ago

Please delete mods, posted in wrong forum.

replies: 0 views: 223
aleatoric 4 weeks ago

Greetings all, I thought I'd start a thread for my little studio acoustic treatment project. I've composed a quick SketchUp of...

replies: 33 views: 30,366
Noise Coalition 4 weeks ago

Hi @ all jummpp i am want to treat a 28 Hz room mode at a corner of my room. So i decided to make 4 membrane absorber (60cm x...

replies: 7 views: 434
knightonabicycle 4 weeks ago

Can anyone point me to a DIY of an absorption panel that has wood sides, where the fabric is stretched tight from the inside? All...

replies: 1 views: 263
John White 16th February 2018

Hi all. I would like to use some 3 and 4 inch x 30" x36" foam rubber (furniture stuff) I have to design a bass trap...

Tim Norris
replies: 0 views: 203
Tim Norris 16th February 2018

Hello everybody, I'm about to put up two cloud absorbers in my studio. After reading dozens of threads I still couldn't find...

replies: 2 views: 250
saemola 16th February 2018

Hi! Im experimenting with some diy acoustic treatment and will try and build a cube 60x60x60 cm with 4mm mdf on five sides, and...

replies: 3 views: 517
Temple of Light 12th February 2018

I was just surfin the net for acoustic stuff and came across this: ACDA-12 Activated Carbon Diaphragmatic...

replies: 2 views: 567
Adhoc 12th February 2018

Looking for some help from the pros. I have a dedicated theatre in my garage room demensions are 5.5mL 2.5mW and 2.3MH. I have...

replies: 1 views: 339
Temple of Light 11th February 2018

I spent a few days researching how to return a little life to my small recording room (4x3 meters) after catching the bass. It...

replies: 1 views: 289
lectric 10th February 2018

Hi All I have installed chunky bass traps in 3 corners with one smaller one above the door. Question is: What should I do...

replies: 4 views: 622
Stevo19801 9th February 2018

I've read a ton and have looked at a bunch of threads on here but I still can't figure out the best route to take. I simply want...

replies: 10 views: 417
Eggsmack 8th February 2018

Hello there, Im inquiring about some information I found on this forum a while back and cant seem to find the post. Basically I...

replies: 1 views: 340
Eggsmack 7th February 2018

Has anyone used Rotofast cloud anchors with 3lb/sqft OC703? Do they work with the 3lb/sqft 703 vs 6lb/sqft 705?

replies: 1 views: 323
thegnu 6th February 2018

Hello, here is the thing: I did some measurements in my room and I discovered the standing ways I was expecting (es. the one...

replies: 0 views: 271
heysimo 6th February 2018

I've been asked to construct a sound diffuser to be placed behind the choir loft at my church. The Skyline diffuser is the look...

replies: 3 views: 406
thegnu 6th February 2018

HI, I'm trying to find some OC 703 or Rockboard 40/60/80 locally because online the shipping is basically as much as the product...

replies: 3 views: 613
thegnu 6th February 2018

Hey y'all. I'm in the process of moving into a new studio space and am rearranging the panels. I know that topics similar to...

replies: 1 views: 303
thegnu 5th February 2018

hi, i was interested in making a few bass corner traps, the cube looking ones. what id like to know is how do these stay in...

replies: 5 views: 554
Temple of Light 5th February 2018

Its been going on some days now on various facebook group sites asking about acoustic treatment and so far I'm just not at a good...

replies: 28 views: 1,248
joeq 30th January 2018

Hi Guys.............long time reader, rarely a poster etc....oops. Question; I have read, I think, all the threads on...

replies: 60 views: 13,824
Teej 29th January 2018

After doing some research and comparing my options in my price range, I went ahead and ordered the Primacoustic London 10 kit....

replies: 3 views: 627
Temple of Light 25th January 2018

A question or two for the acousti-geniuses out there... I have been wondering about the suitability of tapestries and thicker...

Temple of Light
replies: 4 views: 376
Temple of Light 23rd January 2018

Hi, I'm building a pair of speaker stands. I filled stand with sand and it weighs 33 kg. I thought it's a bit overkill and took...

replies: 28 views: 7,417
dedham50 22nd January 2018

HAPPY NEW YEAR PEOPLE ! :) Love some advice please as im looking to decouple my monitors and after some reading it seems that...

replies: 7 views: 447
PRIME8PRODUCTIONS 20th January 2018

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search