The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

My dad and I are fed up with peaks and null in the mix and tracking room in our studio. We've decided to build 24 - 2'X4'...

Jason Poulin
replies: 137 views: 176,470
johannburkard 29th August 2018

Hi! There seems to be alot of talk about bass trapping on the board right now so I thought it was a good idea to post some...

Cojo
replies: 1,359 views: 1,016,556
Pteradactylist 7th December 2017

Today i started a project to build some quadratic residue diffusers. Overall not a difficult project--even though i used only...

jeremycox
replies: 121 views: 181,712
philsaudio 21st February 2017

Hey SLutz, For those of you using pegboard in your designs, and are upholstering it to give it a finished look, how do you attach...

Temple of Light
replies: 2 views: 447
SoundboxAcoustic 3 days ago

Hello all! I have been lurking here and on the JS forum for a number of months while designing and building my electronic music...

DreamWalker
replies: 3 views: 265
DreamWalker 4 days ago

Hi guys, I've been reading the posts around here for a while, and I figured you'd be interested in this (my apologies if it's a...

gremmy
replies: 166 views: 93,557
andrewsamuel 6 days ago

In this thread amongst other things; Great points Demetris. I find amazing how ignorant people here are of the speed of...

avare
replies: 23 views: 7,986
Vank 1 week ago

Hi Guys, I am only fresh on here so I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right section so apologise if not, I am making...

K.HillRecords
replies: 0 views: 358
K.HillRecords 1 week ago

Been shopping for 703 and found a supplier that has 2" 10 & 12 lbs. 703. Of course the 12 lb is more money. The 703 will...

davet
replies: 1 views: 290
avare 2 weeks ago

Hi, some time ago I purchased these Wenger broadband absorbers used from a friend. They have a metal frame and two 2x4s, top and...

rmedek
replies: 4 views: 361
ReaktorBubble95 2 weeks ago

I am building qrd diffusers for my 2 channel listening room. I have cut wood for 5 qrd. And ready to move to assembly. But i...

Joshua313
replies: 0 views: 302
Joshua313 2 weeks ago

I saw gobos that were constructed with a metal channeling of some sort. Looked to be aluminum, 3-sided, with diagonal...

gravyface
replies: 7 views: 310
gravyface 3 weeks ago

Hi! (pictures at end of the post) I treated my room as best I could (dense and 12 cm thick rockwool + extra thick in the...

Mahdes
replies: 0 views: 292
Mahdes 3 weeks ago

Hi Folks, I've made already made some DIY 2x4' mid-range panels and bass traps using Ultratouch, thanks to lots of info gained...

rothmusic
replies: 18 views: 11,759
Jessiethijs 4 weeks ago

Hey guys. I made some rockwool 8" (20cm) broadband bass traps and they are very heavy. Each has around 51 pounds...

Mr. Maki
replies: 1 views: 400
Temple of Light 4 weeks ago

Im refurnishing my studio monitoring room ( 18f X 11f ). Should i use paint or wallpaper to cover the walls (drywall ). I tried...

incognitouser
replies: 12 views: 2,105
elizabeth123 4 weeks ago

Hi all, I am a little confused what to purchase in regards to getting my room a little better in shape for mixing. As you...

orangefridge
replies: 0 views: 209
orangefridge 4 weeks ago

Hi People, Besides 6" Panels for side walls, back wall and ceiling, I'm also building Soffit Bass Traps for the 4 Corners...

mrfye17
replies: 11 views: 432
mrfye17 4 weeks ago

After having built and used quite a few DIY diffusors for the last 2 years I'd like to share some thoughts on my newest (and most...

G. E.
replies: 510 views: 315,066
G. E. 8th January 2019

I'm going to build some bass traps for my home studio based on Ethan's design. Build a Better Bass Trap I have some...

Deleted User
replies: 28 views: 9,865
ftt123 8th January 2019

I just bought the Primacoustic London 8 kit! The mounting for it is a drill mounted solution. Is there a non-invasive way...

_Mark
replies: 1 views: 659
CatFace 7th January 2019

Hi, After struggling to do a mix in my room without constantly making use of headphones and doing it over a couple of days to...

TheBigLongy
replies: 0 views: 257
TheBigLongy 6th January 2019

Hello everyone. I'm looking for totally safe materials for broadband absorber panels and found these products. What do you...

mark88
replies: 2 views: 453
Maffez 5th January 2019

I've built numerous porous absorbers, membrane absorbers, Helmholtz absorbers, and VPRs within the last years always wondering...

G. E.
replies: 300 views: 76,261
G. E. 3rd January 2019

Hey guys, messing around with the placement of basstraps (broandband 8" thick), and I am experiencing a weird issue....

Mr. Maki
replies: 2 views: 435
johannburkard 2nd January 2019

Hi everyone, So I’m going to use glasswool (equivalent to the pink fluffy stuff) for my corner traps. But the only glasswool...

Billenius
replies: 0 views: 193
Billenius 2nd January 2019

Hi all, I'm in the process of building 80cm x 80cm x 110 cm triangular superchunks as bass traps for my studio. I already...

alex928gt
replies: 0 views: 304
alex928gt 30th December 2018

Hello, i found lots of information and inspiration in this forum for building my 6 absorbers. finally i can post some pictures...

Sestic
replies: 0 views: 317
Sestic 28th December 2018

So I've seen some great innovative ways of exposing more of the absorption material on these forums and other sites, so I'd like...

hduncan
replies: 28 views: 16,485
dieselb0y 28th December 2018

I have very limited desk space and have rear ported speakers very close to a wall, with one in a tight corner. I've treated my...

chris2872
replies: 0 views: 241
chris2872 26th December 2018

After several threads here on the relative safety of rockwool, fiberglass, and organic fibers, I did a few days of digging...

audiovisceral
replies: 93 views: 136,996
djanthonyw 26th December 2018

I'm going to build traps as shown in the first attached image. They make sense to me in terms of the size of the room and from an...

GreeneNoise
replies: 8 views: 578
GreeneNoise 16th December 2018

As I travel down the path of DIY acoustic treatment, I wonder if anyone happens to know what the low end room response of some...

chris carter
replies: 57 views: 10,721
DeronDaum 15th December 2018

hi all i'm based in France, and i can easily find those rockwool panels : "Rockwool Rockplus 50Kg/m3 100mm", which...

neuro
replies: 115 views: 39,610
DB117 15th December 2018

What's up ?, So yess im actually planning my ''project'' for acoustic panels and bass traps for my very small sleeping room...

Gdupproductions
replies: 114 views: 21,297
DB117 15th December 2018

I am turning my living room into a set for live musical performances. I will be recording 16 tracks audio and shooting 3 HD...

evillain
replies: 17 views: 38,285
unirosh 14th December 2018

I've finally started to build my studio. It sure is 90% planning and 10% building as the quote says! The acoustic designer...

ostfisk
replies: 4 views: 607
dinococcus 13th December 2018

I have a closet in one corner of my studio and it’s so far been a pain to design acoustic treatment around. Then last night I...

brownerthanu
replies: 3 views: 354
brownerthanu 12th December 2018

Any thoughts on using a stainless steel Rolling shelf for a corner trap with either roxul, R30 fluffy or 703? I have four...

bountytracker
replies: 1 views: 693
DSwaltz 12th December 2018

Hi, I have my studio in the loft with sloping ceiling and a mostly glass wall at opposite end. What's the best approach to...

orbita
replies: 1 views: 294
johannburkard 9th December 2018

Hello, I'm currently tracking and mixing in the same room. It's in my rehearsal space which is 15' X 20'with 14' ceilings. I'm...

Nu-tra
replies: 0 views: 304
Nu-tra 8th December 2018

Hello, I bought polyester padding (3cm thickness) to cover my DIY rockwool panels. One thing bothers me: I have read that one...

Jo24
replies: 0 views: 207
Jo24 6th December 2018

Is this product okay to use for super chunk bass traps ? UltraBatt™ Insulation |...

HashBerry
replies: 5 views: 1,134
Unoriginable 4th December 2018

Over the years I have had great success fixing smallish room bass problems with limp mass absorbers. As there are so many...

Tim Farrant
replies: 942 views: 339,235
PaulRain 30th November 2018

hello, on the weekend i finally finished my latest DIY room acoustics project. due to the absolutely great improvement the...

airmate
replies: 141 views: 116,241
petealcock 29th November 2018

Hi everyone, Before I explain, I would like to clarify that I am not posting this to make any accusations or create an...

debo5150
replies: 98 views: 45,578
Eatin Weenies 29th November 2018

I got some acoustic foam panels from a friend who didn't have any place for them anymore, and I figured I'd ask you guys where it...

steffeeH
replies: 1 views: 242
steffeeH 27th November 2018

Now and again a client comes back with an inspired idea or process. This is from John Crone of Manor Studio Cobh in Ireland....

DanDan
replies: 51 views: 37,025
ichighost 27th November 2018

Hi , I found this company when I was googeling for acoustic foam in...

Osten Powers
replies: 15 views: 3,922
Raymond888 24th November 2018

A recent wind storm sent a branch smack through one of the panels on the roof of my new metal storage shed, making a hole about...

shanemcguire1
replies: 9 views: 4,273
Welles 24th November 2018

Hi, I'm using a lot of this stuff in a small space, - clouds, wall panels, corner panels,.... My question is, considering the...

hywyn
replies: 15 views: 5,542
WorldPowerLabs 20th November 2018

Question: Are VPRs a good way to treat SBIR problems? Preamble: I've recently came out of 3-year depression about my previous...

Galaxy Wizard
replies: 0 views: 245
Galaxy Wizard 17th November 2018

Im about to go on a crazy read/research fest looking up how to build tuned membrane traps, but if anyone has a link, any images,...

JLiRD808
replies: 21 views: 9,371
HCMarkus 15th November 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search