The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Views: 1,001
30th June 2020
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

My dad and I are fed up with peaks and null in the mix and tracking room in our studio. We've decided to build 24 - 2'X4'...

Jason Poulin
replies: 137 views: 183,170
johannburkard 29th August 2018

Hi! There seems to be alot of talk about bass trapping on the board right now so I thought it was a good idea to post some...

Cojo
replies: 1,359 views: 1,066,847
Pteradactylist 7th December 2017

Today i started a project to build some quadratic residue diffusers. Overall not a difficult project--even though i used only...

jeremycox
replies: 121 views: 190,800
philsaudio 21st February 2017

I'm about to construct a new studio, dimensions are 196.3"x160.5", ceiling is vaulted with lowest point being 101"...

maxiedaniels
replies: 1 views: 85
maxiedaniels 1 day ago

Hey everyone. I'm hoping ya'll can help me! I'm 20 years old (still living at home) and pretty much have no options to move my...

Brandon99
replies: 1 views: 170
homestudioguy 1 day ago

Hi All, Long time lurker, first time poster. Due to COVID, most post studios in LA are closed and more of us are being asked...

WFH_Guy
replies: 32 views: 281
Mike Caffrey 2 days ago

People might be aware that artificial mineral fibre products (Owen's corning, Rockwool, etc.) may be health hazards (e.g.,...

mashpete
replies: 17 views: 1,018
markblockjzz 2 days ago

Just got a Mapleshade catalog and noticed they sell an interesting little triangular diffuser. That's all well and good, but in...

tinnitusintx
replies: 8 views: 1,779
Filmpros 3 days ago

Not me, BTW. https://a2-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/76/a115dcc2d1ea4d63973ebb24b583ec25/full.jpg

goom
replies: 1 views: 107
thethrillfactor 3 days ago

After reading many, many acoustic treatment threads, I've noticed what appears to be a general preference for broadband low...

glorycloud
replies: 16 views: 416
Mike Caffrey 3 days ago

It’s hard to estimate the effectiveness of adding an absorber to a room without measuring it in place. Wouldn’t it be nice...

Grovestand
replies: 3 views: 167
Grovestand 5 days ago

Hey guys, I'm in the process of recording vocals for my first album and therefore facing a couple of problems: 1. my studio is...

Maschu
replies: 11 views: 348
Mike Caffrey 6 days ago

Hi everyone, provided that there's good bass treatment (such as the entire rear wall or a sufficient amount of corners filled...

BT_1234
replies: 1 views: 204
Mike Caffrey 6 days ago

There seems to be much confusing about bass traps so I thought I would start a new thread that discusses the different types and...

Bonemeister
replies: 43 views: 31,820
tks0326 6 days ago

Hello, I'm planning on building a vocal 4x4 booth and looking to use 100mm Rockwool slabs with acoustic plasterboard or OSB...

djkprojects
replies: 0 views: 93
djkprojects 1 week ago

Hi, i'm considering swapping my relatively compact ceiling cloud which is above the listening position with a much bigger one,...

John Mor
replies: 0 views: 102
John Mor 1 week ago

Hello all, I've been a long time lurker over here but now it is time to ask you guys some acoustic advice for my small...

TRCKZ
replies: 0 views: 99
TRCKZ 1 week ago

Hi! My first post here after years of creeping the boards. I made a small vocal "booth" (approx 7 ft high, 4 ft long,...

GatorDick_90
replies: 2 views: 133
GatorDick_90 1 week ago

Nevermind. I found an answer for this sorry.

Macrawn
replies: 0 views: 142
Macrawn 2 weeks ago

hello, on the weekend i finally finished my latest DIY room acoustics project. due to the absolutely great improvement the...

airmate
replies: 152 views: 123,199
Samuelito 2 weeks ago

Over the years I have had great success fixing smallish room bass problems with limp mass absorbers. As there are so many...

Tim Farrant
replies: 992 views: 401,972
Cheeftain 2 weeks ago

I'm planning on making some bass traps that line my walls. I'm going to build them right into the wall. Probably 18-24 inches of...

Macrawn
replies: 3 views: 199
Macrawn 2 weeks ago

Hi I wanna ask about soundproofing a very small room 3meters by 2meters. I just want to reduce the high frequencies coming out...

[email protected]
replies: 0 views: 127
[email protected] 3 weeks ago

I have shown this in my build thread for my studio, but though it would be good to post my Ceiling Cloud build as a separate...

RedTone
replies: 3 views: 1,063
Grovestand 3 weeks ago

Hi, I'm trying to improve the sound in my living room / kitchen as there is way too much bass when I am standing in the sofa...

alexlondon
replies: 0 views: 445
alexlondon 4 weeks ago

Hi, After postponing this for way too long I finally decided to treat my room. All DIY. I recently moved to a new flat, where...

Divico
replies: 0 views: 131
Divico 4 weeks ago

They’re quite affordable. Can anyone vouch for their quality?...

jeebles
replies: 1 views: 259
jeebles 4 weeks ago

I’ve already constructed my own acoustic panels at home with common wood and filled them up with “Rockwool Safe and Sound.”...

intu1tion
replies: 1 views: 309
CJ Mastering 4 weeks ago

OK, So I need to build some bass traps. As I am in the UK rockwool is the easiest available, most of which can be bought off...

lanmonkey
replies: 59 views: 51,537
avare 4 weeks ago

in other words, what does this mean and how does it relate to acoustical/absortion properties (and compared to for example ever...

esaias
replies: 140 views: 62,408
esaias 3rd June 2020

After having built and used quite a few DIY diffusors for the last 2 years I'd like to share some thoughts on my newest (and most...

G. E.
replies: 514 views: 339,640
G. E. 2nd June 2020

What's the best insulation measurements? (choose one) 1. 160mm thickness, 48kg/m3 density 2. 160mm thickness, 32kg/m3...

Barncore
replies: 2 views: 250
QifeiLee 31st May 2020

After several threads here on the relative safety of rockwool, fiberglass, and organic fibers, I did a few days of digging...

audiovisceral
replies: 104 views: 159,018
FelixOlivier 29th May 2020

Hi. I just added subwoofers to my 2-channel system and took some room measurements with REW, please find attached. Green is...

galpi
replies: 0 views: 200
galpi 25th May 2020

TL;DR: I need help deciding what sort of acoustic treatment I should use in my square room (3.5m x 3.5m, 2.5m H), I don't want to...

mat_down_under
replies: 11 views: 292
dinococcus 23rd May 2020

I just ordered three 4 inch thick 24" x 48" ATS acoustic panels. Are there stands out there that would work for with...

scannedlife
replies: 3 views: 196
nosebleedaudio 18th May 2020

Hey there gearslutz I am a little lost as to where to go from here. I have a room with 5 corners which I have built floor to...

cashhigh
replies: 1 views: 157
cashhigh 16th May 2020

Hello all! I have been lurking here and on the JS forum for a number of months while designing and building my electronic music...

DreamWalker
replies: 4 views: 698
Lewis Robertson 13th May 2020

I need to isolate my monitors from my desk. In an ideal world, things would be different, but I have a height constraint...

RockstarWizkidd
replies: 0 views: 145
RockstarWizkidd 13th May 2020

Hi All, long time lurker, first time poster. There is NOT a specific problem I am trying to fix, and therefore no pretty...

Ipspam
replies: 4 views: 346
IEC 10th May 2020

Hey all ! I found this video and his back wall looks amazing. I'd be curious if the pattern of the walls are random or...

DownSideUp
replies: 1 views: 208
SkyWriter 6th May 2020

I've just installed lots of 10cm and 5cm thick panels to the walls in my control room, as well as GIK bass traps in the corners....

PaulMac
replies: 0 views: 229
PaulMac 5th May 2020

Hey all, I'm moving my home studio from an extra bedroom to the basement. Good news - I gain 20' in length and 2' in width, but I...

DaveNJ
replies: 8 views: 1,172
WJohnston 5th May 2020

Hi everyone, first time poster here. EDIT: tldr is that I bought some used low range monster bass traps and the previous owner...

lyonsno
replies: 0 views: 206
lyonsno 4th May 2020

Hi I have just bought a house and my studio is in a small room which is 2m W x 3m L x 2.5 H. I am looking to treat it and have...

captaink
replies: 10 views: 369
Jens Eklund 3rd May 2020

It seems to be conventional wisdom that we keep our monitors set up vertically- the reasoning being that we are more likely to...

dasnub
replies: 15 views: 6,223
Jens Eklund 3rd May 2020

My room needs more treatment for absorbing very low frequencies. I have a cabinet covering one wall. I thought about putting bass...

travelboy
replies: 5 views: 2,574
lahatte 1st May 2020

I have a number of Owens Corning 703 panels and a partial bolt of Guilford fabric left from a previous project. Has anyone...

Rick Sanchez
replies: 20 views: 8,353
eightinchninja 26th April 2020

Hello once again this is canadian audio boi looking for some advice. The only options i have here in canada are primacoustic,...

canadianaudioboi
replies: 2 views: 287
kgveteran 25th April 2020

Hey, I am about to purchase some material for bass trapping/treatment in my room. They are semi rigid poly batts that will be...

IEC
replies: 0 views: 172
IEC 23rd April 2020

To avoid wasting everyone's time, I'll just start with a few basic facts that will probably grind this conversation to a halt...

Stormchild
replies: 25 views: 478
Stormchild 22nd April 2020

Hey its canadian audio boi. I want a DEAD room dead and dull. Cant treat the ceiling. But i can get a huge...

canadianaudioboi
replies: 0 views: 154
canadianaudioboi 22nd April 2020

Hi- Im planning on treating most of the back wall of my new studio (will set up a build thread on it once I can get on site...

Rtroost
replies: 4 views: 273
Rtroost 20th April 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search