The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Bass traps, acoustic panels, foam etc

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi! There seems to be alot of talk about bass trapping on the board right now so I thought it was a good idea to post some...

Cojo
replies: 1,359 views: 996,233
Pteradactylist 7th December 2017

Today i started a project to build some quadratic residue diffusers. Overall not a difficult project--even though i used only...

jeremycox
replies: 121 views: 178,446
philsaudio 21st February 2017

My dad and I are fed up with peaks and null in the mix and tracking room in our studio. We've decided to build 24 - 2'X4'...

Jason Poulin
replies: 136 views: 173,991
Spare Monkey 8th March 2013

Over the years I have had great success fixing smallish room bass problems with limp mass absorbers. As there are so many...

Tim Farrant
replies: 941 views: 320,008
ths61 1 minute ago

Hi guys, I've been reading the posts around here for a while, and I figured you'd be interested in this (my apologies if it's a...

gremmy
replies: 152 views: 87,038
Carl Freeland 9 hours ago

Has anybody else this set up? Did you treat every speaker reflection? It is IMPOSSIBLE to do the mirror trick for every speaker....

keenly
replies: 11 views: 1,371
SDDP 17 hours ago

Is this product okay to use for super chunk bass traps ? UltraBatt™ Insulation |...

HashBerry
replies: 4 views: 539
gfsark 1 day ago

In this thread amongst other things; Great points Demetris. I find amazing how ignorant people here are of the speed of...

avare
replies: 15 views: 6,657
DanDan 2 days ago

Hi, I am making a false wall at the back of my dedicated cinema to house a projector upgrade. The false wall will be 16”...

Stevo19801
replies: 2 views: 206
DanDan 2 days ago

Hi guys, about 3 months ago I decided to cave and filled up two corners of my studio with rockwool from top to bottom, I put two...

vogelking
replies: 6 views: 397
stratology 5 days ago

Moved to what seems the more "correct" parent forum: Improving sound in rehearsal room (rock band).

bib_ak
replies: 0 views: 215
bib_ak 1 week ago

I'm looking to do some sound treatment in my church. I looked at absorption coefficient for Roxul RHT 80. I was thinking I would...

StevenAndres
replies: 52 views: 11,223
gabehizer 1 week ago

I deleted this post to avoid a duplicate, because I'm posting again but not in the sub forum area... This is the new post I'm...

Stewix
replies: 0 views: 234
Stewix 1 week ago

I've built numerous porous absorbers, membrane absorbers, Helmholtz absorbers, and VPRs within the last years always wondering...

G. E.
replies: 297 views: 71,933
DanDan 1 week ago

Now and again a client comes back with an inspired idea or process. This is from John Crone of Manor Studio Cobh in Ireland....

DanDan
replies: 49 views: 33,594
ChristianN 1 week ago

I've found a particular edge coating for making no-frame panels out of 703 panels, but I'm wondering if there is something...

MrDogBiscuit
replies: 4 views: 810
Sneldog 2 weeks ago

I bought 20 polyester panels from Euroacoustik,to make bass traps.The problem i have is trying to cut the polyester.I tried with...

kotsaris
replies: 17 views: 454
Mandy.IECHO 2 weeks ago

Can anyone tell how to make the absorbents nice and square in the front without using a frame in the front? The corners in the...

Bjorn Omholt
replies: 23 views: 2,758
Sneldog 2 weeks ago

Made these 18" x 18" x 47" blocks from OC705 filled with Roxul, capped and wrapped. Thought I would post photos in...

Corey Milner
replies: 17 views: 2,282
ths61 2 weeks ago

Hi- A guy I know had a small studio that he was closing after 20 years. He offered to sell me his self-made, free standing...

bhp2000
replies: 2 views: 205
bhp2000 3 weeks ago

Hey Slutz! I'm treating my room (12,5 x 9,2 x 6,9). Still learning a lot about it. Almost "finished". My room, not my...

JayPee
replies: 0 views: 290
JayPee 3 weeks ago

I have built out my 3rd studio in regards to equipment but have just started considering treatment. The room is very odd/hard to...

3rd Degree
replies: 0 views: 243
3rd Degree 3 weeks ago

Can someone who has experience in home studios and acoustic treatment placement please tell me where is a good place to move my...

TrippieSuavee
replies: 4 views: 590
TrippieSuavee 3 weeks ago

I am making a pair of 7-well 1D QRDs and my specific application (diffuse backwave of dipole speakers) has some room for a couple...

ths61
replies: 0 views: 349
ths61 3 weeks ago

Amazon.com: Acoustic Foam XL Bass Trap Studio Soundproofing Corner Wall 12" X 12" X 12" (4 PACK): Musical...

minervx
replies: 6 views: 526
3rd Degree 4 weeks ago

Hey guys, As far as I can tell, insulation in Australia is different to what they sell state-side. I'm planning to build some...

Enchilada
replies: 10 views: 3,945
praash 4 weeks ago

Hi, I’m thinking of treating my room with a rfz set up , I’m going to use absorption at the reflection points . I was then...

Iainrev
replies: 0 views: 263
Iainrev 4 weeks ago

First, I am so honored and thankful that Mr. Winer replied to my posting in the So little time, so much gear forum; I posted...

4 the Max
replies: 12 views: 31,860
cyclecamper 4 weeks ago

Have been wondering about this for a while... Whenever you are out at a party & the music is loud, if you are holding an...

kevin nowhow
replies: 14 views: 2,473
Granny Nakajima 10th July 2018

I have 36 pieces of OC 2” fiberglass. I’m planning on doubling them up for the corners of my vocal booth to create bass...

skitzothebeast
replies: 7 views: 419
jikky 9th July 2018

This is my first post to the forum so please excuse me if I violate any rules or standards, and let me know if this would be...

Jackmuta
replies: 2 views: 220
JayPee 7th July 2018

Hello, im using 4” panels at my first reflection point on my ceiling. I covered them with a nice porous fabric. They are...

kgveteran
replies: 0 views: 308
kgveteran 7th July 2018

My room

Hi Here is my room treated by myself and according to SMT concept and using his stuff as well. ...

Mctwins
replies: 394 views: 75,743
Mctwins 5th July 2018

what kind / brand of panels do you recommend to control the 200Hz / 400Hz area?

alk
replies: 1 views: 344
JayPee 5th July 2018

I built my first superchunks 60cm x 60 cm x 84,5cm (Only 2 atm on front wall using Rockwool 27kg/m3 5kPa.s/m2 covered by thin...

JayPee
replies: 9 views: 434
JayPee 5th July 2018

Hello guys. That´s my first post, after my introdution post. rockout I really appreciate any help! I´m planning to make a...

ViniciusM
replies: 1 views: 380
ViniciusM 4th July 2018

hi all i'm based in France, and i can easily find those rockwool panels : "Rockwool Rockplus 50Kg/m3 100mm", which...

neuro
replies: 114 views: 36,967
pfg 2nd July 2018
replies: 0 views: 246
Jackmuta 2nd July 2018

Hi, As is common, my living room acoustics suck for bass reproduction. Multiple long decaying modes etc. I'd like to treat the...

Antti H
replies: 14 views: 805
philsaudio 1st July 2018

For years I wasn't even aware that "Perforated Acoustic Panels" were a thing. Everyone only seemed to talk about Foam,...

KhaosSignal
replies: 0 views: 283
KhaosSignal 29th June 2018

I'm moving into a new apartment and for the first time in my life I will be above someone... so obviously I'm concerned about...

CPhoenix
replies: 0 views: 333
CPhoenix 28th June 2018

Hi, i've been trying to make my mixing room sound more dead for mixing. The room is 4m x 7m (13ft x 22ft) i have two absorbtion...

Monk u
replies: 0 views: 403
Monk u 25th June 2018

My room is 13'x19'x vaulted ceiling. My screen (100"x42") is on the 13' wall, The screen is acoustically transparent,...

kgveteran
replies: 0 views: 374
kgveteran 23rd June 2018

Hello slutz! :) I have a room (12,5 x 9,2 x 6,9) until 5,6 on the front wall. Walls are not parallel. It's an old house. I...

JayPee
replies: 1 views: 330
JayPee 23rd June 2018

I'm building some 7 well 1D QRD's with embedded diffusers in the wells (diffactal style). Does anyone have thoughts on how...

Jerbery
replies: 3 views: 466
Jerbery 23rd June 2018

What impact (if any) does shifting wells left or right have on a QRD (assuming adjacent QRDs have the same well shift (left or...

ths61
replies: 1 views: 319
Noisewagon 23rd June 2018

I'm in a temporary space and won't have time to cover them because of reasons. Is it even necessary as far as safety goes?

goom
replies: 1 views: 349
goom 22nd June 2018

Hello sluts! long time reader, first time poster...in this section... :) I'm planning making some super chunk and basic bass/mid...

JayPee
replies: 0 views: 343
JayPee 22nd June 2018

I'm building a few 6'x4' gobos on casters to tighten up the room around my drum kit, act as a makeshift vocal booth, etc.; as...

rmedek
replies: 10 views: 1,840
gabehizer 21st June 2018

So kind of a stupid question. I'm going to be building some hanging bass trap panels for me control room. I'm going to order...

HarrySound
replies: 7 views: 831
Bushman 21st June 2018

I am going to be transforming my garage into a mixing room. It is very much a rectangle, about 10 feet deep and 25 feet wide. I...

hduncan
replies: 34 views: 3,779
HarrySound 13th June 2018

How far should I put space between the OC 703 panel and the wall? I’m assuming the panels should sit flush in the wall. Should...

henryrobinett
replies: 1 views: 435
Mike's Mix Room 12th June 2018

Hi! Im experimenting with some diy acoustic treatment and will try and build a cube 60x60x60 cm with 4mm mdf on five sides, and...

pimo
replies: 4 views: 708
Carl Freeland 12th June 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search