The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Bass traps, acoustic panels, foam etc

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi! There seems to be alot of talk about bass trapping on the board right now so I thought it was a good idea to post some...

Cojo
replies: 1,359 views: 990,922
Pteradactylist 7th December 2017

Today i started a project to build some quadratic residue diffusers. Overall not a difficult project--even though i used only...

jeremycox
replies: 121 views: 177,700
philsaudio 21st February 2017

My dad and I are fed up with peaks and null in the mix and tracking room in our studio. We've decided to build 24 - 2'X4'...

Jason Poulin
replies: 136 views: 173,517
Spare Monkey 8th March 2013

My room is 13'x19'x vaulted ceiling. My screen (100"x42") is on the 13' wall, The screen is acoustically transparent,...

kgveteran
replies: 0 views: 269
kgveteran 1 day ago

Hello slutz! :) I have a room (12,5 x 9,2 x 6,9) until 5,6 on the front wall. Walls are not parallel. It's an old house. I...

JayPee
replies: 1 views: 222
JayPee 2 days ago

I'm building some 7 well 1D QRD's with embedded diffusers in the wells (diffactal style). Does anyone have thoughts on how...

Jerbery
replies: 3 views: 389
Jerbery 2 days ago

What impact (if any) does shifting wells left or right have on a QRD (assuming adjacent QRDs have the same well shift (left or...

ths61
replies: 1 views: 255
Noisewagon 2 days ago

I'm in a temporary space and won't have time to cover them because of reasons. Is it even necessary as far as safety goes?

goom
replies: 1 views: 279
goom 2 days ago

Hello sluts! long time reader, first time poster...in this section... :) I'm planning making some super chunk and basic bass/mid...

JayPee
replies: 0 views: 258
JayPee 2 days ago

I'm building a few 6'x4' gobos on casters to tighten up the room around my drum kit, act as a makeshift vocal booth, etc.; as...

rmedek
replies: 10 views: 1,710
gabehizer 3 days ago

So kind of a stupid question. I'm going to be building some hanging bass trap panels for me control room. I'm going to order...

HarrySound
replies: 7 views: 740
Bushman 4 days ago

Over the years I have had great success fixing smallish room bass problems with limp mass absorbers. As there are so many...

Tim Farrant
replies: 935 views: 314,220
YesSir 5 days ago

I am going to be transforming my garage into a mixing room. It is very much a rectangle, about 10 feet deep and 25 feet wide. I...

hduncan
replies: 34 views: 3,632
HarrySound 1 week ago

How far should I put space between the OC 703 panel and the wall? I’m assuming the panels should sit flush in the wall. Should...

henryrobinett
replies: 1 views: 334
Mike's Mix Room 1 week ago

Hi guys, I've been reading the posts around here for a while, and I figured you'd be interested in this (my apologies if it's a...

gremmy
replies: 150 views: 85,496
MixMonkey 1 week ago

Hi! Im experimenting with some diy acoustic treatment and will try and build a cube 60x60x60 cm with 4mm mdf on five sides, and...

pimo
replies: 4 views: 605
Carl Freeland 1 week ago

Hi everyone, I'm starting some very preliminary planning for building a room. The idea will be to have bass traps/absorbers...

rosewood123
replies: 0 views: 248
rosewood123 2 weeks ago

Hello gearslutz! This is my first post on this wonderful forum here and i'm very happy to be a part of such a knowledgeable...

cv499
replies: 0 views: 218
cv499 2 weeks ago

Hi, My room's dimensions are: 437 L x 306 W x 270 H cm (I'm approximately 260-270 cm away from the back wall). Do you think i...

Rairun
replies: 47 views: 26,951
RazeRashidi 2 weeks ago

Hello, I moved into a place where I love the sound I'm getting for recording. I'm only going to be here 2 years max and want...

richie0801
replies: 1 views: 277
richie0801 2 weeks ago

hi everyone, yesterday I was looking for acoustic foam, but was advised not to get this, and will be getting something called...

Konan
replies: 15 views: 493
Bushman 2 weeks ago

Hello! I have recently moved into a new apartment, with one bedroom, which I also use as my home recording studio. I have been...

Neechy33
replies: 4 views: 353
johndykstra 3 weeks ago

This gobo is somewhat different than more traditional gobos. I designed it with a few specific intentions. For starters, I...

Smithcok
replies: 13 views: 25,169
HarrySound 4 weeks ago

So I built A Diffusor, and it's huge. I cut all the pieces and started piecing it together. I'm gathering a smaller arsenal...

Sweets10v8
replies: 3 views: 1,579
Sweets10v8 4 weeks ago

Echo and reverberation gives the brain hints as to the size and shape of a space. Which is why it can be disorientating standing...

Kezzy
replies: 67 views: 21,118
ARIEL 4 weeks ago

Hi everyone. I am relocating my studio, and I am bringing in some gears, and i start to listen to the room. I have got that...

andrea19837
replies: 1 views: 278
DanDan 17th May 2018

I have some safe n sound 15x47 material(12 sheets) Basically I am wondering, if I built six 6' inch thick traps with a 2inch air...

doom3crazy
replies: 6 views: 436
Temple of Light 14th May 2018

Have anyone tried the Vicoustic Wave Wood panels? :. Welcome to*Vicoustic .: I am thinking about using these in combination...

Zeppelin
replies: 20 views: 17,821
dinococcus 13th May 2018

please delete . posted in the wrong area.

neopl
replies: 0 views: 287
neopl 9th May 2018

Now and again a client comes back with an inspired idea or process. This is from John Crone of Manor Studio Cobh in Ireland....

DanDan
replies: 47 views: 32,438
DanDan 7th May 2018

I've built numerous porous absorbers, membrane absorbers, Helmholtz absorbers, and VPRs within the last years always wondering...

G. E.
replies: 290 views: 70,746
DPower 6th May 2018

Hello, I'd like to add low profile casters to my existing GOBO's. I found pics of the caster style I think will work well but...

Swingfingers
replies: 7 views: 323
Brent Hahn 3rd May 2018

So I'm moving into a flat soon and finally I can start recording. So I've been looking around at what I can get but noticed that...

Exdeavor
replies: 2 views: 346
Nosajjao 3rd May 2018

Hey there, looking for help and I hope someone here could chime in and give me some hints. Maybe some of the well-known experts...

tarsonis
replies: 5 views: 431
DanDan 2nd May 2018

When I am mixing and stop for a second to listen critically, I often find myself tilting my head down about 45˚. When I do...

recordinghopkins
replies: 8 views: 2,056
toodamnhip 2nd May 2018

Is this product okay to use for super chunk bass traps ? UltraBatt™ Insulation |...

HashBerry
replies: 1 views: 401
Temple of Light 29th April 2018

Hi I'm almost done with my studio(live room), just wondering how should i treat the ceiling?...my room is 8 meters long and 6...

jrubbernek
replies: 17 views: 2,580
dinococcus 27th April 2018

Hey Acousticslutz! Got a small room here in which I'm trying to improve the situation a little. Haven't got any exact...

AlexK
replies: 0 views: 340
AlexK 25th April 2018

I have a bit of a weird control room. A rectangle with odd closets and such. I just spent the last 2 hours making a detailed...

shortyboyboy
replies: 10 views: 436
shortyboyboy 24th April 2018

All I have to work with is a carpeted bedroom in the apartment to set up for mixing. I can't afford a pro mix, and besides, I...

sammusicnow
replies: 1 views: 476
twinned 24th April 2018

I find this idea about using perforated panels very interesting. I have issues around 50hz and 70hz that Im trying to...

Cocobolo81
replies: 57 views: 46,205
navu28 20th April 2018

I spent a few days researching how to return a little life to my small recording room (4x3 meters) after catching the bass. It...

lectric
replies: 3 views: 427
matthew john 18th April 2018

I have a set of walls in my listening room, 13' apart, the room is a rectangle. The lenth of the room is 19', those two surfaces...

kgveteran
replies: 5 views: 438
kgveteran 16th April 2018

Is there a real difference between these two: panels.gif - Google Drive Going to make some 15cm (6") thick absorb panels...

RoopeB
replies: 6 views: 452
RoopeB 16th April 2018

Hi gearslutz, I was browsing around and I stumbled upon a picture of a Binary Amplitude diffuser, does anyone know how to make...

jrubbernek
replies: 104 views: 49,396
matthew john 15th April 2018

I know this specific information must be here, but damn if I can find it. Most of the advice is centered around cost which is...

bongo_x
replies: 2 views: 318
bongo_x 12th April 2018

Hello everyone, First thread here, hopefully I posted it in the right place. I've been lurking for almost a month now and I'm...

Adrian_Cesar
replies: 3 views: 688
Adrian_Cesar 11th April 2018

ok, let's start from this - I read and studied many threads&post here about VPR (so called) bass trap. Thanks to few great...

Red Mastering
replies: 221 views: 51,910
DanDan 9th April 2018

Its been going on some days now on various facebook group sites asking about acoustic treatment and so far I'm just not at a good...

Royaldeadman
replies: 29 views: 1,427
jebijose 9th April 2018

Howdy folks, My (home) recording + mixing studio is in the attic where two walls are parallel but the other two are slanted. For...

Cue Zephyr
replies: 3 views: 550
UltramegaOK 5th April 2018

Howdy folks, Something a little different from the normal questions here, but....... ....... a designer friend of mine is doing...

Darius van H
replies: 3 views: 338
Adhoc 2nd April 2018

New study came out on the safety of rockwool, was thinking of putting this in my bedroom but currently concerned. What do you...

artist202
replies: 2 views: 554
Our History 2nd April 2018

Ok, I did the search, and found some info, but looking for something more conclusive for my situation. I've been looking and...

SquealingYakRat
replies: 12 views: 6,700
AlecAlfaras 1st April 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search