The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

My dad and I are fed up with peaks and null in the mix and tracking room in our studio. We've decided to build 24 - 2'X4'...

Jason Poulin
replies: 137 views: 184,437
johannburkard 29th August 2018

Hi! There seems to be alot of talk about bass trapping on the board right now so I thought it was a good idea to post some...

Cojo
replies: 1,359 views: 1,077,746
Pteradactylist 7th December 2017

Today i started a project to build some quadratic residue diffusers. Overall not a difficult project--even though i used only...

jeremycox
replies: 121 views: 192,599
philsaudio 21st February 2017

Hey guys, Im making some traps and panels, using Knauf RS45. I have figures for the gas resistivity, but they are: Parallel...

Cabes
replies: 3 views: 171
akebrake 1 day ago

Do you think the room in the picture could work with some kind of panel for a semiprofessional vocal/guitar recording or does an...

kwaem
replies: 0 views: 77
kwaem 1 day ago

I have a live room in my basement that I've treated with many diy absorption panels, corner bass traps, and have also ordered...

LSP
replies: 0 views: 84
LSP 3 days ago

Apologies if this has already been answered, but I couldn't find it. Don't kill yourselves answering this, but I'm hoping someone...

sdog
replies: 32 views: 7,037
AreYouHuman 4 days ago

As a test I decided to build a skyline diffuser today! :) I calculated the dimensions with the free mhsoft software and went for...

Tom H
replies: 75 views: 129,489
Burstwurst 5 days ago

Hello, i would like to make 2 diffusers, 1st is 120x20 cm, 2nd is 60x20 cm. I'm currently trying to calculate them here...

Stopons
replies: 0 views: 124
Stopons 6 days ago

For 24" square traps in the corners, I'd like insulation around 5k GFR. I was recommended Knauf Ecobatt, but can't find it...

maxiedaniels
replies: 3 views: 117
DeathRobot 6 days ago

I have 2' of pink fluffy along my back wall, contained within a stud frame. I wanted to add some high end back into the room and...

DeathRobot
replies: 0 views: 97
DeathRobot 1 week ago

After having built and used quite a few DIY diffusors for the last 2 years I'd like to share some thoughts on my newest (and most...

G. E.
replies: 519 views: 345,130
thirdflr 1 week ago

Hi All, I know it’s been established that Bradford Fibretex 350 is the closest thing to OC we’ve got here in Oz, but...

Angrychris
replies: 1 views: 144
mpearce38 1 week ago

Hi all, Does anyone know of a supplier in So Cal that carries 4" #4 rockwool And 2" #8 in stock? Nothing against...

AV_Dub
replies: 1 views: 130
AV_Dub 1 week ago

Good afternoon, When looking to suspend pink fluffy within a trap, keeping it nice and....fluffy, I’ve read of orchard...

mrhudson
replies: 1 views: 180
mrhudson 1 week ago

I like to reuse / reduce / recycle when I can, and I'm always on the lookout for some free, useful stuff. A food subscription...

le_gums
replies: 1 views: 161
le_gums 2 weeks ago

Hi I need some absorber panels to cover small areas close to my speakers to help kill first order reflections. They will need...

mr-b
replies: 1 views: 156
avare 2 weeks ago

TL;DR: I need help deciding what sort of acoustic treatment I should use in my square room (3.5m x 3.5m, 2.5m H), I don't want to...

mat_down_under
replies: 12 views: 470
mat_down_under 2 weeks ago

So I've seen some great innovative ways of exposing more of the absorption material on these forums and other sites, so I'd like...

hduncan
replies: 31 views: 18,906
flextone 2 weeks ago

This is kind of a naive question, so surely the answers will be interesting... During my planning I have been simply looking at...

MF_Kitten
replies: 2 views: 171
MF_Kitten 2 weeks ago

my live room is too dead sounding for my taste. its mainly used for tracking drums. for now the live room is almost as dead as...

arjan
replies: 37 views: 10,524
erre72 2 weeks ago

Guys, Anyone have any thoughts on building a saxophone booth about 4’ x 6’ ? How much noise reduction could it provide?

Digiplex
replies: 0 views: 89
Digiplex 2 weeks ago

Is polyester wool suitable for building Bass traps?

replies: 26 views: 3,556
Djones 3 weeks ago

Hi, I've read the posts about DIY Billys and Kilbys and Gerbsys etc, but I'm left with some confusion. I want to add two corner...

flextone
replies: 9 views: 243
flextone 3 weeks ago

HI, I am very new to room acoustics and have been reading through various articles and forums extensively. I do realize there...

Luke K
replies: 74 views: 28,968
hello people 3 weeks ago

Ok, I have a question, might be stupid, but what the hack Why not just take 2 big card boards and fill them with whichever...

raz_klinghoffer
replies: 11 views: 2,746
housegezeichnet 3 weeks ago

I'd love to DIY some acoustic panels and bass traps but I have little access to any tools, and a proper building set up and...

rawisthemotto
replies: 2 views: 199
joeq 3 weeks ago

Pictured is an empty space that I will be making into a combination control room/live room. Dimensions are approximately 30’ x...

mattberkeley
replies: 1 views: 132
joeq 3 weeks ago

hey guys, I'm having problem with MDF, most of my diffusers that are made of MDFs I think are producing some kind of fume that is...

jrubbernek
replies: 21 views: 4,324
rudie152 4 weeks ago

Hi Everybody, howdy I hope this is not imposing, but I found some of the threads here really helpful so I thought I might...

notimeforarcs
replies: 9 views: 225
Deleted 56021e5 4 weeks ago

I am thinking of using four foot wide pegboard from floor to ceiling in the corners of my live room. I will pack it full of...

smokapot
replies: 19 views: 10,168
latestflavor 4 weeks ago

For my studio I am tearing down the wood from all walls and ceiling, stuffing all empty spaces with mineral wool, and covering it...

MF_Kitten
replies: 7 views: 207
MF_Kitten 4 weeks ago

Hi guys, I've been reading the posts around here for a while, and I figured you'd be interested in this (my apologies if it's a...

gremmy
replies: 169 views: 116,325
MoyenChari 4 weeks ago

I'm looking to do some sound treatment in my church. I looked at absorption coefficient for Roxul RHT 80. I was thinking I would...

StevenAndres
replies: 54 views: 13,111
Deleted 56021e5 17th September 2020

Hi, I started to get way more into acoustics and also started measuring my room because I’m not happy how the room is...

Dayvi
replies: 0 views: 140
Dayvi 16th September 2020

I found a local seller who is moving out of the state and who's willing to sell three Primacoustic Full Traps for $300. I...

MarathonMan
replies: 15 views: 440
dmac660 12th September 2020

So, I'm converting my 2'x4' gobo's into PRD diffusors on one side. I've heard that repetition is bad, but what if I stack two of...

wesarvin
replies: 11 views: 9,362
D_T_Music 12th September 2020

Hello, I am planning on building floor to ceiling super chunk bass traps in my studio. I have seen a lot of conflicting...

kurama3114
replies: 0 views: 170
kurama3114 11th September 2020

I am getting ready to invest in a Leater Couch for my Control Room. As I was shopping for couches, I realized that there were...

RonT
replies: 7 views: 3,532
The Lotus Kid 11th September 2020

So, I've got 5 of these panels leftover from a home improvement project. I believe it's also called Rockboard in some areas?...

dojosound
replies: 5 views: 301
dojosound 7th September 2020

Hello all, After lots of reading on here and other sources, I'm thinking I'll probably use Rockboard 40 for the treatment of my...

thruhiker
replies: 1 views: 177
thethrillfactor 7th September 2020

After several threads here on the relative safety of rockwool, fiberglass, and organic fibers, I did a few days of digging...

audiovisceral
replies: 106 views: 163,305
fromthepuggle 6th September 2020

Hey y'all, I've got a window in the reflection zone on my right side that I cover partially with a bass trap to kill the early...

jayme
replies: 3 views: 228
jayme 3rd September 2020

I have seen many studios having angled broadband bass traps. What's the difference versus just filling the whole wall...

Mr. Maki
replies: 1 views: 213
Mike Caffrey 3rd September 2020

Hi, I'm about to build a large number of BAD (Binary Amplitube Diffsorber) panels for a recording room. I purchased the book...

AMelbye
replies: 1 views: 243
Deleted 56021e5 3rd September 2020

Products with density and air flow resistivity data: Terminology: Air Flow Resistivity (in Norwegian: strømningsmotstand) is...

tlindaas
replies: 43 views: 40,232
Deckdaddy 29th August 2020

I'm about to build some 60 x 60 x 85cm floor to ceiling superchunks for the four corners in my studio and i'm having a bit of a...

tiraquon
replies: 0 views: 213
tiraquon 27th August 2020

I’m looking a building some DIY acoustic panels and I’m researching insulation material available here in Australia. This...

Tricky Fish
replies: 6 views: 229
avare 26th August 2020

Can I turn this 2' x 4' closet into a vocal booth by putting foam on the walls? I was thinking of using foam factory and covering...

rolomoto
replies: 1 views: 160
edva 25th August 2020

There seems to be much confusing about bass traps so I thought I would start a new thread that discusses the different types and...

Bonemeister
replies: 44 views: 33,010
The Chancellor 19th August 2020

Hi, I have a pallet full of 75kg/m3 Rockwool that I would like to use for treating a small control room. I will build floor to...

stenerlov
replies: 10 views: 400
stenerlov 18th August 2020

Hey slutz, I'm wondering why are superchunks triangle shaped and not square shaped. With a square shaped you can place...

petertjed
replies: 34 views: 6,648
Youn 17th August 2020

I just started this project this afternoon. :)

seiyafan
replies: 5 views: 6,890
The Chancellor 14th August 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search