The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

My dad and I are fed up with peaks and null in the mix and tracking room in our studio. We've decided to build 24 - 2'X4'...

Jason Poulin
replies: 137 views: 179,551
johannburkard 29th August 2018

Hi! There seems to be alot of talk about bass trapping on the board right now so I thought it was a good idea to post some...

Cojo
replies: 1,359 views: 1,038,536
Pteradactylist 7th December 2017

Today i started a project to build some quadratic residue diffusers. Overall not a difficult project--even though i used only...

jeremycox
replies: 121 views: 185,497
philsaudio 21st February 2017

I ended up making them 12" thick. These things are blackholes ! I should have them painted and finished this weekend...

kgveteran
replies: 21 views: 1,500
kgveteran 15 hours ago

hi Folks, long time since I posted. I have a 5mx4m studio. Already got some GIK 244s +242s (not yet fixed in place) but need more...

PepeLuis
replies: 4 views: 168
explorer 21 hours ago

Hi there, I’ve tried looking for this but can’t seem to find it. There’s a local acoustic panel manufacturer offering...

Scientific
replies: 0 views: 94
Scientific 1 day ago

Hello, I'm just wondering what people think of using Osnaburg opposed to Burlap? Is Osnaburg as acoustically transparent as...

daveyroberts
replies: 5 views: 1,993
BiscuitBuddies 3 days ago

I've found a particular edge coating for making no-frame panels out of 703 panels, but I'm wondering if there is something...

MrDogBiscuit
replies: 5 views: 1,571
ValentinR 5 days ago

I am mounting 2 2ftx4ftx2.5inch sound absortion panels to be in my first reflection point in my bedroom/studio on the wall...

carloscosta
replies: 0 views: 133
carloscosta 5 days ago

Trying to figure out some light frame for my fluffy Isover Piano isolation. This metal frame was easy to glue together, but i...

px256
replies: 1 views: 180
px256 1 week ago

I kinda feel like these folks are in need of a bass trap, but can't really find a corner to put it in...

bikelane
replies: 0 views: 171
bikelane 1 week ago

A fellow engineer suggested I could "clean up the bottom end" in my control room by buying a few bags of Roxul...

scoring4films
replies: 14 views: 4,711
play.exe 1 week ago

Does anyone have any experience with this product?? I've attached some info. Thanks. JV

JVergence
replies: 29 views: 14,807
avare 1 week ago

Hi guys, Am designing a couple bass traps for my small room and was wondering if someone could assess these two...

Trackhouse1
replies: 1 views: 204
Trackhouse1 1 week ago

I just built a couple of extremely easy bass traps out of rolls of R-19 cotton bat insulation and milk crates. It's almost as...

Jesse Eastman
replies: 18 views: 2,892
akebrake 1 week ago

I have several unopened bags of R-13 rolled up insulation available. One is actually jumbo size : 48" high and weighs in at...

jeff_free69
replies: 23 views: 1,296
mikeklein 1 week ago

Hi there. I am planning to build some mlv trap. I am thinking to make it with variable depth to be more full band in the region...

andrea19837
replies: 4 views: 545
andrea19837 1 week ago

Hello to everyone. I'm currently packing small truck of mineral wool into small room and everything is going more or less...

fedorM
replies: 0 views: 149
fedorM 1 week ago

I am very concerned about particles / dust / fibers from assorted bass trapping materials getting into the air. I am generally...

replies: 8 views: 5,925
fedorM 1 week ago

Tried to search the forum for airflow resistivity data on the Isover Cleantech Plus G100, but found none. Has anyone actually...

px256
replies: 0 views: 174
px256 1 week ago

Hi, I'm building an screen to sit behind me to stop reflections on the window behind my head. To cover the absorbing material I...

GuitarGod
replies: 3 views: 1,096
eLUX 1 week ago

You can read everywhere in here that foam is useless for absorbing low bass (say, 150hz). This seems a bit of a simplified truth...

bib_ak
replies: 0 views: 346
bib_ak 2 weeks ago

I've built numerous porous absorbers, membrane absorbers, Helmholtz absorbers, and VPRs within the last years always wondering...

G. E.
replies: 303 views: 81,140
Exprymer 2 weeks ago

and just stacking it in the corner.. (after placing them in garbage bags for slightly better looks).. i'll list the least...

mikeklein
replies: 0 views: 426
mikeklein 2 weeks ago

Which ones to make first? Which ones to take care last? I'll ignore anyone that says I should make/buy all 8 right now or it's...

goom
replies: 8 views: 725
reubenstewart123 2 weeks ago

Hello there! I finally joined the club after excessive lurking for the past year or so. First of all thank you! I learned so...

UNKTS
replies: 0 views: 352
UNKTS 2 weeks ago

Will I get better results from a proper panel (rockwool,fiberglass) than I would if I just crammed some 3" foam in the...

foamboy
replies: 7 views: 395
Ol' Betsey 4 weeks ago

I just started messing with REW and ARC 2.5 to measure and test placement of my monitors, etc. Naturally, this has sent me down a...

p_wats
replies: 0 views: 375
p_wats 4 weeks ago

Is this product okay to use for super chunk bass traps ? UltraBatt™ Insulation |...

HashBerry
replies: 8 views: 2,190
brewbacker 4 weeks ago

Hello everyone! I'm in the process of designing a new room for me. It will be a mixing and recording place, though i will only...

alanwes
replies: 6 views: 1,767
Zredman 4 weeks ago

what's up guys, i'm nixon.. i tried building 2 vpr panels and here was my process. the steel is cold rolled 1m x 1.5m x 1.6mm...

datal4b
replies: 6 views: 628
housegezeichnet 4 weeks ago

Over the years I have had great success fixing smallish room bass problems with limp mass absorbers. As there are so many...

Tim Farrant
replies: 968 views: 365,012
Pultzar 4 weeks ago

Is there any advantage to corner traps as opposed to panels in a corner? Assuming the panel and corner trap have the same face...

tensor9
replies: 0 views: 586
tensor9 3rd September 2019

Hello, Will this do for recording acoustic guitar or just for vocals? https://www.primacoustic.com/flexibooth/ If not any...

ob1
replies: 5 views: 650
ob1 28th August 2019

Hi, Just ordered a load of Scandinavian pine to make the frames and also rockwool rwa45 75mm thick for the treatment. Going to...

Immortal
replies: 2 views: 306
Immortal 27th August 2019

Hi gearslutz, I was browsing around and I stumbled upon a picture of a Binary Amplitude diffuser, does anyone know how to make...

jrubbernek
replies: 107 views: 59,660
bannerj 26th August 2019

Finally gonna put some accoustic tiles and bass traps on the walls , but is there a good way to know the right spots to place...

Carbinax
replies: 4 views: 607
Carbinax 24th August 2019

Inspiration Recording Studio has been open for over a year and the Live Room sounds Great as it is. But i wanted to add a bit of...

stevep
replies: 2 views: 326
stevep 20th August 2019

What materials have people found for building absorber frames that meets fire resistance standards for commercial...

locutus
replies: 0 views: 351
locutus 19th August 2019

Hi all I'm looking to acoustically treat my home studio room 250hz down Does anybody know how effective 30cm thick 45cm...

ayseeare
replies: 6 views: 908
Starlight 19th August 2019

So I built a couple of absorbers for my home studio and home theater. My intention was never to have a perfect sound, since I...

pier25
replies: 2 views: 425
pier25 19th August 2019

So in my area there is no Owens Corning dealer that will can sell the 700 series but there is Roxul SafenSound at my Lowes. How...

kylendm
replies: 22 views: 11,360
SRS 17th August 2019

After several threads here on the relative safety of rockwool, fiberglass, and organic fibers, I did a few days of digging...

audiovisceral
replies: 96 views: 145,986
jml designs 16th August 2019

Hi, guys. Building a new room with acoustic treatment from groundup. I have Rockwool: 35-45 kg/m3 (50mm thick), 60 kg/m3 (27mm...

Stereo Flux
replies: 0 views: 395
Stereo Flux 15th August 2019

Hi All. Just wondering if anyone out there has used these and what kind of results they got? how low in frequency where you...

ajbianco
replies: 24 views: 3,589
capoeira 10th August 2019

OK, So I need to build some bass traps. As I am in the UK rockwool is the easiest available, most of which can be bought off...

lanmonkey
replies: 57 views: 45,717
producerxtr 9th August 2019

Can someone provide a step by step process for calculate helmholtz resonance, if say im trying to calculate the port area instead...

qaiphyx
replies: 6 views: 3,124
gte 7th August 2019

Hey I know this thread has been done many times, but Im in a pretty cool situation. My mom owns a fabric shop with thousands of...

perplex
replies: 16 views: 64,045
TJ5 6th August 2019

Hello all! I have deeply enjoyed reading the forum for the last year, and now the time has come to stop lurking:cowbell: I'm...

Singularity
replies: 2 views: 430
Singularity 4th August 2019

I bought 20 polyester panels from Euroacoustik,to make bass traps.The problem i have is trying to cut the polyester.I tried with...

kotsaris
replies: 18 views: 1,434
capoeira 4th August 2019

in other words, what does this mean and how does it relate to acoustical/absortion properties (and compared to for example ever...

esaias
replies: 138 views: 58,001
Singularity 4th August 2019

Sup guys I'm a bedroom music producer and making music is a hobby, but over time I realize how echoe-y and sound reflections...

LoggleO_O
replies: 6 views: 808
Singularity 2nd August 2019

Hey guys and gals, Just thought I’d pass on a design I’ve been working on for fake walls in my small bedroom mix suite. ...

watersedge1234
replies: 6 views: 1,089
BJosephs 1st August 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search