The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Bass traps, acoustic panels, foam etc

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi! There seems to be alot of talk about bass trapping on the board right now so I thought it was a good idea to post some...

Cojo
replies: 1,359 views: 993,634
Pteradactylist 7th December 2017

Today i started a project to build some quadratic residue diffusers. Overall not a difficult project--even though i used only...

jeremycox
replies: 121 views: 178,085
philsaudio 21st February 2017

My dad and I are fed up with peaks and null in the mix and tracking room in our studio. We've decided to build 24 - 2'X4'...

Jason Poulin
replies: 136 views: 173,793
Spare Monkey 8th March 2013

Hi guys, about 3 months ago I decided to cave and filled up two corners of my studio with rockwool from top to bottom, I put two...

vogelking
replies: 0 views: 123
vogelking 9 hours ago

I'm looking to do some sound treatment in my church. I looked at absorption coefficient for Roxul RHT 80. I was thinking I would...

StevenAndres
replies: 50 views: 11,070
EvilRoy 1 day ago

Can someone who has experience in home studios and acoustic treatment placement please tell me where is a good place to move my...

TrippieSuavee
replies: 2 views: 420
TrippieSuavee 2 days ago

I am making a pair of 7-well 1D QRDs and my specific application (diffuse backwave of dipole speakers) has some room for a couple...

ths61
replies: 0 views: 310
ths61 2 days ago

Amazon.com: Acoustic Foam XL Bass Trap Studio Soundproofing Corner Wall 12" X 12" X 12" (4 PACK): Musical...

minervx
replies: 6 views: 425
3rd Degree 4 days ago

Hey guys, As far as I can tell, insulation in Australia is different to what they sell state-side. I'm planning to build some...

Enchilada
replies: 10 views: 3,917
praash 5 days ago

Hi, I’m thinking of treating my room with a rfz set up , I’m going to use absorption at the reflection points . I was then...

Iainrev
replies: 0 views: 235
Iainrev 5 days ago

First, I am so honored and thankful that Mr. Winer replied to my posting in the So little time, so much gear forum; I posted...

4 the Max
replies: 12 views: 31,689
cyclecamper 1 week ago

Over the years I have had great success fixing smallish room bass problems with limp mass absorbers. As there are so many...

Tim Farrant
replies: 937 views: 317,264
YesSir 1 week ago

Have been wondering about this for a while... Whenever you are out at a party & the music is loud, if you are holding an...

kevin nowhow
replies: 14 views: 2,365
Granny Nakajima 1 week ago

I have 36 pieces of OC 2” fiberglass. I’m planning on doubling them up for the corners of my vocal booth to create bass...

skitzothebeast
replies: 7 views: 375
jikky 1 week ago

This is my first post to the forum so please excuse me if I violate any rules or standards, and let me know if this would be...

Jackmuta
replies: 2 views: 193
JayPee 2 weeks ago

Hello, im using 4” panels at my first reflection point on my ceiling. I covered them with a nice porous fabric. They are...

kgveteran
replies: 0 views: 283
kgveteran 2 weeks ago

In this thread amongst other things; Great points Demetris. I find amazing how ignorant people here are of the speed of...

avare
replies: 13 views: 6,420
DanDan 2 weeks ago

My room

Hi Here is my room treated by myself and according to SMT concept and using his stuff as well. ...

Mctwins
replies: 394 views: 75,416
Mctwins 2 weeks ago

what kind / brand of panels do you recommend to control the 200Hz / 400Hz area?

alk
replies: 1 views: 302
JayPee 2 weeks ago

I built my first superchunks 60cm x 60 cm x 84,5cm (Only 2 atm on front wall using Rockwool 27kg/m3 5kPa.s/m2 covered by thin...

JayPee
replies: 9 views: 380
JayPee 2 weeks ago

Hello guys. That´s my first post, after my introdution post. rockout I really appreciate any help! I´m planning to make a...

ViniciusM
replies: 1 views: 341
ViniciusM 2 weeks ago

hi all i'm based in France, and i can easily find those rockwool panels : "Rockwool Rockplus 50Kg/m3 100mm", which...

neuro
replies: 114 views: 36,655
pfg 2 weeks ago
replies: 0 views: 217
Jackmuta 2 weeks ago

Hi, As is common, my living room acoustics suck for bass reproduction. Multiple long decaying modes etc. I'd like to treat the...

Antti H
replies: 14 views: 759
philsaudio 3 weeks ago

For years I wasn't even aware that "Perforated Acoustic Panels" were a thing. Everyone only seemed to talk about Foam,...

KhaosSignal
replies: 0 views: 254
KhaosSignal 3 weeks ago

I'm moving into a new apartment and for the first time in my life I will be above someone... so obviously I'm concerned about...

CPhoenix
replies: 0 views: 314
CPhoenix 3 weeks ago

Hi, i've been trying to make my mixing room sound more dead for mixing. The room is 4m x 7m (13ft x 22ft) i have two absorbtion...

Monk u
replies: 0 views: 379
Monk u 3 weeks ago

My room is 13'x19'x vaulted ceiling. My screen (100"x42") is on the 13' wall, The screen is acoustically transparent,...

kgveteran
replies: 0 views: 355
kgveteran 4 weeks ago

Hello slutz! :) I have a room (12,5 x 9,2 x 6,9) until 5,6 on the front wall. Walls are not parallel. It's an old house. I...

JayPee
replies: 1 views: 302
JayPee 4 weeks ago

I'm building some 7 well 1D QRD's with embedded diffusers in the wells (diffactal style). Does anyone have thoughts on how...

Jerbery
replies: 3 views: 439
Jerbery 4 weeks ago

What impact (if any) does shifting wells left or right have on a QRD (assuming adjacent QRDs have the same well shift (left or...

ths61
replies: 1 views: 301
Noisewagon 4 weeks ago

I'm in a temporary space and won't have time to cover them because of reasons. Is it even necessary as far as safety goes?

goom
replies: 1 views: 325
goom 4 weeks ago

Hello sluts! long time reader, first time poster...in this section... :) I'm planning making some super chunk and basic bass/mid...

JayPee
replies: 0 views: 309
JayPee 4 weeks ago

I'm building a few 6'x4' gobos on casters to tighten up the room around my drum kit, act as a makeshift vocal booth, etc.; as...

rmedek
replies: 10 views: 1,785
gabehizer 4 weeks ago

So kind of a stupid question. I'm going to be building some hanging bass trap panels for me control room. I'm going to order...

HarrySound
replies: 7 views: 805
Bushman 4 weeks ago

I am going to be transforming my garage into a mixing room. It is very much a rectangle, about 10 feet deep and 25 feet wide. I...

hduncan
replies: 34 views: 3,724
HarrySound 13th June 2018

How far should I put space between the OC 703 panel and the wall? I’m assuming the panels should sit flush in the wall. Should...

henryrobinett
replies: 1 views: 396
Mike's Mix Room 12th June 2018

Hi guys, I've been reading the posts around here for a while, and I figured you'd be interested in this (my apologies if it's a...

gremmy
replies: 150 views: 86,289
MixMonkey 12th June 2018

Hi! Im experimenting with some diy acoustic treatment and will try and build a cube 60x60x60 cm with 4mm mdf on five sides, and...

pimo
replies: 4 views: 658
Carl Freeland 12th June 2018

Hi everyone, I'm starting some very preliminary planning for building a room. The idea will be to have bass traps/absorbers...

rosewood123
replies: 0 views: 286
rosewood123 6th June 2018

Hello gearslutz! This is my first post on this wonderful forum here and i'm very happy to be a part of such a knowledgeable...

cv499
replies: 0 views: 249
cv499 5th June 2018

Hi, My room's dimensions are: 437 L x 306 W x 270 H cm (I'm approximately 260-270 cm away from the back wall). Do you think i...

Rairun
replies: 47 views: 27,252
RazeRashidi 5th June 2018

Hello, I moved into a place where I love the sound I'm getting for recording. I'm only going to be here 2 years max and want...

richie0801
replies: 1 views: 312
richie0801 5th June 2018

hi everyone, yesterday I was looking for acoustic foam, but was advised not to get this, and will be getting something called...

Konan
replies: 15 views: 553
Bushman 4th June 2018

Hello! I have recently moved into a new apartment, with one bedroom, which I also use as my home recording studio. I have been...

Neechy33
replies: 4 views: 395
johndykstra 1st June 2018

This gobo is somewhat different than more traditional gobos. I designed it with a few specific intentions. For starters, I...

Smithcok
replies: 13 views: 25,322
HarrySound 28th May 2018

So I built A Diffusor, and it's huge. I cut all the pieces and started piecing it together. I'm gathering a smaller arsenal...

Sweets10v8
replies: 3 views: 1,636
Sweets10v8 25th May 2018

Echo and reverberation gives the brain hints as to the size and shape of a space. Which is why it can be disorientating standing...

Kezzy
replies: 67 views: 21,311
ARIEL 22nd May 2018

Hi everyone. I am relocating my studio, and I am bringing in some gears, and i start to listen to the room. I have got that...

andrea19837
replies: 1 views: 314
DanDan 17th May 2018

I have some safe n sound 15x47 material(12 sheets) Basically I am wondering, if I built six 6' inch thick traps with a 2inch air...

doom3crazy
replies: 6 views: 484
Temple of Light 14th May 2018

Have anyone tried the Vicoustic Wave Wood panels? :. Welcome to*Vicoustic .: I am thinking about using these in combination...

Zeppelin
replies: 20 views: 17,932
dinococcus 13th May 2018

please delete . posted in the wrong area.

neopl
replies: 0 views: 314
neopl 9th May 2018

Now and again a client comes back with an inspired idea or process. This is from John Crone of Manor Studio Cobh in Ireland....

DanDan
replies: 47 views: 32,875
DanDan 7th May 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search