The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

My dad and I are fed up with peaks and null in the mix and tracking room in our studio. We've decided to build 24 - 2'X4'...

Jason Poulin
replies: 137 views: 177,201
johannburkard 29th August 2018

Hi! There seems to be alot of talk about bass trapping on the board right now so I thought it was a good idea to post some...

Cojo
replies: 1,359 views: 1,022,340
Pteradactylist 7th December 2017

Today i started a project to build some quadratic residue diffusers. Overall not a difficult project--even though i used only...

jeremycox
replies: 121 views: 182,646
philsaudio 21st February 2017

Hi there. I am planning to build some mlv trap. I am thinking to make it with variable depth to be more full band in the region...

andrea19837
replies: 0 views: 56
andrea19837 3 hours ago

Hi I'm making a removable window plug/baffle. Currently i have bits of off-cut/chopped rockwool placed into the window bay, like...

The Beatsmith
replies: 4 views: 7,615
thirst4tech 1 day ago

Hi, I was thinking of buying a couple of these and filling them with some 60kg mineral wool. Then cover the back and sides...

Pno
replies: 0 views: 210
Pno 1 day ago

This is my first post to the forum so please excuse me if I violate any rules or standards, and let me know if this would be...

Jackmuta
replies: 3 views: 460
Jackmuta 1 day ago

I'm buying a new microphone soon but I'm recording in my untreated bedroom. It probably doesn't need tons of treatment given that...

OolalavSuperfukk
replies: 3 views: 344
bill5 3 days ago

After having built and used quite a few DIY diffusors for the last 2 years I'd like to share some thoughts on my newest (and most...

G. E.
replies: 512 views: 318,311
G. E. 3 days ago

Hi guys, i’m very new to this and i was just wondering.. i’ve done my research on tutorials in making a DIY acoustic panel....

Bukiegn
replies: 3 views: 282
Bukiegn 6 days ago

Hey guys and gals, Just thought I’d pass on a design I’ve been working on for fake walls in my small bedroom mix suite. ...

watersedge1234
replies: 3 views: 323
watersedge1234 6 days ago

Hello there, I'm a newbie here,but the reason I look for help is that I'm on the way to make a QRD Diffuser for my new studio....

KonstantinTD
replies: 3 views: 259
johannburkard 1 week ago

I'm reading the book MIXING SECRETS for the Small Studio by Mike Senior. He discusses a type of "last ditch attempt"...

ManyHats
replies: 9 views: 2,341
twiy 1 week ago

They make them online for about $10 and I figure 50 x 26 would fit a 48 x 24 board and then stick them in a frame or go frameless

goom
replies: 6 views: 484
kgveteran 1 week ago

Hi, I am using Owens Corning 703 rigid fiberglass insulation to acoustically treat a room. I have used spray glue in the past to...

studiobuild
replies: 18 views: 510
nosebleedaudio 1 week ago

Hello! I am looking for absorption materials and in my country (Chile) I only have a RockWool supplier available, specifically...

Haruki
replies: 4 views: 229
Haruki 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, As far as I can tell, insulation in Australia is different to what they sell state-side. I'm planning to build some...

Enchilada
replies: 13 views: 4,306
Enchilada 2 weeks ago

I found some very old threads about this but some of those products dont seem to be available anymore and there may be new ones I...

DrummerMan
replies: 6 views: 403
Temple of Light 2 weeks ago

SoI'm just pimping up my home studio I got all the sound gear now I still need to acoustically treat the room, the main point of...

BLiIx
replies: 2 views: 305
BLiIx 3 weeks ago

After several threads here on the relative safety of rockwool, fiberglass, and organic fibers, I did a few days of digging...

audiovisceral
replies: 95 views: 139,615
moustachio 3 weeks ago

Hello. You could not tell me exact measurements of depth for omniffuser.Share of your experience? I want to make its following...

vaice
replies: 0 views: 212
vaice 3 weeks ago

Hi All, i've been looking around for hours now and cannot seem to find the depths used by the RPG Omniffusor (the wooden one,...

betserd
replies: 8 views: 5,795
vaice 4 weeks ago

Hello, I'm Not A Carpenter-I did the best I could with what i had. I updated my vocal booth ( 7'x6'x8' ) room within a room....

denlig
replies: 25 views: 18,265
Jockervoice 4 weeks ago

Is this product okay to use for super chunk bass traps ? UltraBatt™ Insulation |...

HashBerry
replies: 7 views: 1,425
sh00by 4 weeks ago

most of the posts here on gearslutz say forget foam I recall being in a test lab of a major computer manufacturer...

joe sixpak
replies: 7 views: 383
Jens Eklund 4 weeks ago

Hi I'm planning to acoustically treat a room mainly to prevent standing waves, and I can afford to take up some room. I was...

Balthazar
replies: 3 views: 336
Balthazar 4 weeks ago

Is it possible to re-tune an RPG tuned trap? Or would that just be rebuilding the whole thing? The ones I might have access to...

ricknance
replies: 0 views: 253
ricknance 14th March 2019

So a friend of mine who works at a cabinet shop recently gave me several of these "acoustic panels" that were being...

essessbe
replies: 12 views: 1,289
essessbe 14th March 2019

I have a number of Owens Corning 703 panels and a partial bolt of Guilford fabric left from a previous project. Has anyone...

Rick Sanchez
replies: 18 views: 6,220
Temple of Light 13th March 2019

hi everyone, i'm still trying to get fabrics sorted for my absorbers. i got samples of: - burlap - gross looking, rough, cheap...

cubivore
replies: 57 views: 25,344
ellisr63 13th March 2019

Converting this living room into a production space. This room is mostly for tracking, but also mixing. Open plan, so precise...

coreycoleman
replies: 0 views: 318
coreycoleman 11th March 2019

Just finished listening to this interview with the inventor of the egg monitors. Recommended for anyone who is mixing in a home...

uvray
replies: 2 views: 1,325
kodebode 11th March 2019

Hi all. I have a decent understanding of the goals and methods to treat my home studio. It's a small enough space that I'm sure...

SoPro
replies: 0 views: 309
SoPro 10th March 2019

I like the offerings of GIK acoustics and wanted to know if there are other places doing the same thing designs on acoustic...

Touch The Universe
replies: 27 views: 727
Touch The Universe 6th March 2019

I've browsed this site for a few days, I have a couple questions on fabricating a corner bass trap. I have seen a few builds...

adauphin
replies: 5 views: 684
avare 3rd March 2019

Hi! (pictures at end of the post) I treated my room as best I could (dense and 12 cm thick rockwool + extra thick in the...

Mahdes
replies: 8 views: 606
Mahdes 2nd March 2019

hi i am building a home studio please help me to pick a microphone for rap vocals under $ 65

astro5j
replies: 1 views: 300
bkbirge 28th February 2019

I have some Corner Bass Trap questions that have probably been answered many times before, but I am still confused ;-) Along...

sunship
replies: 0 views: 301
sunship 27th February 2019

Just got back home with some Sonex foam a guy had on Craigslist. Looks new. At least there's no glue on the back. Just 3 or 4...

BabaOriley
replies: 3 views: 307
BabaOriley 24th February 2019

Hi People, Besides 6" Panels for side walls, back wall and ceiling, I'm also building Soffit Bass Traps for the 4 Corners...

mrfye17
replies: 12 views: 584
Glenn Kuras 23rd February 2019

Hi, After struggling to do a mix in my room without constantly making use of headphones and doing it over a couple of days to...

TheBigLongy
replies: 1 views: 347
Treebase DMX 23rd February 2019

I've been working with broadband absorbers and bass absorbers, using open frames with OC703 2" (broadband) and OC705 4"...

Sneldog
replies: 0 views: 298
Sneldog 22nd February 2019

After moving house, I've ended up with all my gear in the smallest spare room (guest bed won't fit in here). I've quickly learned...

KingSausage
replies: 0 views: 285
KingSausage 19th February 2019

Hi all! I’m Ryan I’m new to this site. I’ve finally bitten the bullet and took the time to rip down the foam and started...

Americangenius
replies: 0 views: 293
Americangenius 19th February 2019

Hello gearslutz! I just got 12 foam sheets that are 3ft 2inches x 2ft 2 inches and a little over 3 inches thick. They are...

dmusic4u
replies: 10 views: 5,499
Redd2 18th February 2019

Hey SLutz, For those of you using pegboard in your designs, and are upholstering it to give it a finished look, how do you attach...

Temple of Light
replies: 2 views: 536
SoundboxAcoustic 14th February 2019

Hello all! I have been lurking here and on the JS forum for a number of months while designing and building my electronic music...

DreamWalker
replies: 3 views: 357
DreamWalker 13th February 2019

Hi guys, I've been reading the posts around here for a while, and I figured you'd be interested in this (my apologies if it's a...

gremmy
replies: 166 views: 95,833
andrewsamuel 11th February 2019

In this thread amongst other things; Great points Demetris. I find amazing how ignorant people here are of the speed of...

avare
replies: 23 views: 8,306
Vank 10th February 2019

Hi Guys, I am only fresh on here so I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right section so apologise if not, I am making...

K.HillRecords
replies: 0 views: 453
K.HillRecords 5th February 2019

Been shopping for 703 and found a supplier that has 2" 10 & 12 lbs. 703. Of course the 12 lb is more money. The 703 will...

davet
replies: 1 views: 352
avare 3rd February 2019

Hi, some time ago I purchased these Wenger broadband absorbers used from a friend. They have a metal frame and two 2x4s, top and...

rmedek
replies: 4 views: 425
ReaktorBubble95 3rd February 2019

I am building qrd diffusers for my 2 channel listening room. I have cut wood for 5 qrd. And ready to move to assembly. But i...

Joshua313
replies: 0 views: 367
Joshua313 2nd February 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search