The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

My dad and I are fed up with peaks and null in the mix and tracking room in our studio. We've decided to build 24 - 2'X4'...

Jason Poulin
replies: 137 views: 177,972
johannburkard 29th August 2018

Hi! There seems to be alot of talk about bass trapping on the board right now so I thought it was a good idea to post some...

Cojo
replies: 1,359 views: 1,028,375
Pteradactylist 7th December 2017

Today i started a project to build some quadratic residue diffusers. Overall not a difficult project--even though i used only...

jeremycox
replies: 121 views: 183,642
philsaudio 21st February 2017

Hi all, sorry for yet another DIY gobo thread. I have a pair of 4'x6'x4" gobos on casters. They are a simple box frame,...

rmedek
replies: 0 views: 173
rmedek 1 day ago

Sup guys I'm a bedroom music producer and making music is a hobby, but over time I realize how echoe-y and sound reflections...

LoggleO_O
replies: 0 views: 354
LoggleO_O 4 days ago

I really, really want to figure this out. I have a room with awkward door location (blocks the front right corner), and a corner...

maxiedaniels
replies: 7 views: 268
SRS 1 week ago

For years I wasn't even aware that "Perforated Acoustic Panels" were a thing. Everyone only seemed to talk about Foam,...

KhaosSignal
replies: 2 views: 524
avare 1 week ago

Hi, I'm looking at this tutorial and decided to knock up a quick program to make dialling in the variables easier. More...

technocolour v2
replies: 7 views: 6,527
anchu 1 week ago

Earlier this year I realized I am statistically closer to the end of my rope than not. "One of these days I'll treat my...

zumazmusic
replies: 2 views: 252
zumazmusic 1 week ago

Hello everyone! I'm trying to treat my small studio room, you can see all the details here: ...

SoothsayerRec
replies: 4 views: 312
AudioWonderland 1 week ago

I assume I already know the answer, based on many of the amazing threads here, but wanted to check just in case:...

Edward99
replies: 1 views: 221
mirochandler 1 week ago

Hi, I am wondering whether it is possible to put rockwool insode of cardboard boxes used when moving homes. As far as I know...

yentz
replies: 1 views: 238
dinococcus 2 weeks ago

what's up guys, i'm nixon.. i tried building 2 vpr panels and here was my process. the steel is cold rolled 1m x 1.5m x 1.6mm...

datal4b
replies: 0 views: 259
datal4b 2 weeks ago

Hello, I'm using the acousticmodelling porous absorver calculator to see which thickness and air gap is best for the amount of...

zurbran
replies: 0 views: 198
zurbran 2 weeks ago

in other words, what does this mean and how does it relate to acoustical/absortion properties (and compared to for example ever...

esaias
replies: 136 views: 56,291
jamesblond 2 weeks ago

First time posting, honestly didn't know this forum existed up until a couple of days ago. In those few days, the wealth of...

EightyDuce
replies: 7 views: 431
johannburkard 3 weeks ago

So I'm getting the idea that there's no reason to use the more expensive OC products if I can get my hands on some cheap rock...

Thio
replies: 4 views: 6,463
Nyroh 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone, I'm relatively new to acoustics so forgive me if I say something that doesn't make sense. 2 years ago I bought...

bramlaurens
replies: 8 views: 409
Dohreetoh 4 weeks ago

Hi all, From what I have read here, I believe that having bass traps made from 705FRK with the reflective surface facing into...

Ultrasonic_UK
replies: 3 views: 313
Ultrasonic_UK 19th May 2019

Hey guys, I'm in search of some advice on building some acoustical treatments for my high school band room. I inherited a...

NickGraves93
replies: 1 views: 311
Bushman 18th May 2019

Hello Fellow Gearslutz, Today 6 Hofa Basstraps arrived. On first look they seem very nice build quality. Very rigid. They are...

Tigri
replies: 18 views: 15,995
mark4 16th May 2019

So I built A Diffusor, and it's huge. I cut all the pieces and started piecing it together. I'm gathering a smaller arsenal...

Sweets10v8
replies: 4 views: 2,180
AudioWonderland 16th May 2019

Hi there. I am planning to build some mlv trap. I am thinking to make it with variable depth to be more full band in the region...

andrea19837
replies: 3 views: 396
mirochandler 16th May 2019

I'm getting more and more into acoustics, but am still very green. The Master Handbook of Acoustics is on its way to me as I...

thermal
replies: 4 views: 330
thermal 15th May 2019

After reading many informative posts from some very generous individuals I've decided to start treating my 15' x 11' x 9' small...

ranman
replies: 0 views: 288
ranman 14th May 2019

Hi all, I'm planning to make some acoustic panels to try out in my lounge, for primarily stereo music listening. My plan was to...

Ultrasonic_UK
replies: 1 views: 369
Ultrasonic_UK 14th May 2019

Over the years I have had great success fixing smallish room bass problems with limp mass absorbers. As there are so many...

Tim Farrant
replies: 946 views: 351,842
romus 13th May 2019

Hi, Maybe i need to simpify my question. :) RockSono Solid (211) has a AFR of 15 kPa.s/m² But it's available in different...

Kamusica
replies: 1 views: 312
dinococcus 13th May 2019

I have a number of Owens Corning 703 panels and a partial bolt of Guilford fabric left from a previous project. Has anyone...

Rick Sanchez
replies: 19 views: 6,578
tlight 3rd May 2019

Hi, I was thinking of buying a couple of these and filling them with some 60kg mineral wool. Then cover the back and sides...

Pno
replies: 5 views: 607
Pno 21st April 2019

Hi gearslutz, I was browsing around and I stumbled upon a picture of a Binary Amplitude diffuser, does anyone know how to make...

jrubbernek
replies: 106 views: 57,100
romus 20th April 2019

Hi I'm making a removable window plug/baffle. Currently i have bits of off-cut/chopped rockwool placed into the window bay, like...

The Beatsmith
replies: 4 views: 7,982
thirst4tech 17th April 2019

This is my first post to the forum so please excuse me if I violate any rules or standards, and let me know if this would be...

Jackmuta
replies: 3 views: 623
Jackmuta 16th April 2019

I'm buying a new microphone soon but I'm recording in my untreated bedroom. It probably doesn't need tons of treatment given that...

OolalavSuperfukk
replies: 3 views: 536
bill5 15th April 2019

After having built and used quite a few DIY diffusors for the last 2 years I'd like to share some thoughts on my newest (and most...

G. E.
replies: 512 views: 321,688
G. E. 14th April 2019

Hi guys, i’m very new to this and i was just wondering.. i’ve done my research on tutorials in making a DIY acoustic panel....

Bukiegn
replies: 3 views: 422
Bukiegn 12th April 2019

Hey guys and gals, Just thought I’d pass on a design I’ve been working on for fake walls in my small bedroom mix suite. ...

watersedge1234
replies: 3 views: 593
watersedge1234 12th April 2019

Hello there, I'm a newbie here,but the reason I look for help is that I'm on the way to make a QRD Diffuser for my new studio....

KonstantinTD
replies: 3 views: 407
johannburkard 9th April 2019

I'm reading the book MIXING SECRETS for the Small Studio by Mike Senior. He discusses a type of "last ditch attempt"...

ManyHats
replies: 9 views: 2,490
twiy 9th April 2019

They make them online for about $10 and I figure 50 x 26 would fit a 48 x 24 board and then stick them in a frame or go frameless

goom
replies: 6 views: 588
kgveteran 6th April 2019

Hi, I am using Owens Corning 703 rigid fiberglass insulation to acoustically treat a room. I have used spray glue in the past to...

studiobuild
replies: 18 views: 656
nosebleedaudio 4th April 2019

Hello! I am looking for absorption materials and in my country (Chile) I only have a RockWool supplier available, specifically...

Haruki
replies: 4 views: 299
Haruki 2nd April 2019

Hey guys, As far as I can tell, insulation in Australia is different to what they sell state-side. I'm planning to build some...

Enchilada
replies: 13 views: 4,413
Enchilada 1st April 2019

I found some very old threads about this but some of those products dont seem to be available anymore and there may be new ones I...

DrummerMan
replies: 6 views: 509
Temple of Light 30th March 2019

SoI'm just pimping up my home studio I got all the sound gear now I still need to acoustically treat the room, the main point of...

BLiIx
replies: 2 views: 424
BLiIx 27th March 2019

After several threads here on the relative safety of rockwool, fiberglass, and organic fibers, I did a few days of digging...

audiovisceral
replies: 95 views: 141,756
moustachio 25th March 2019

Hello. You could not tell me exact measurements of depth for omniffuser.Share of your experience? I want to make its following...

vaice
replies: 0 views: 280
vaice 23rd March 2019

Hi All, i've been looking around for hours now and cannot seem to find the depths used by the RPG Omniffusor (the wooden one,...

betserd
replies: 8 views: 5,910
vaice 20th March 2019

Hello, I'm Not A Carpenter-I did the best I could with what i had. I updated my vocal booth ( 7'x6'x8' ) room within a room....

denlig
replies: 25 views: 18,808
Jockervoice 20th March 2019

Is this product okay to use for super chunk bass traps ? UltraBatt™ Insulation |...

HashBerry
replies: 7 views: 1,724
sh00by 20th March 2019

most of the posts here on gearslutz say forget foam I recall being in a test lab of a major computer manufacturer...

joe sixpak
replies: 7 views: 493
Jens Eklund 17th March 2019

Hi I'm planning to acoustically treat a room mainly to prevent standing waves, and I can afford to take up some room. I was...

Balthazar
replies: 3 views: 413
Balthazar 14th March 2019

Is it possible to re-tune an RPG tuned trap? Or would that just be rebuilding the whole thing? The ones I might have access to...

ricknance
replies: 0 views: 330
ricknance 14th March 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search