The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

My dad and I are fed up with peaks and null in the mix and tracking room in our studio. We've decided to build 24 - 2'X4'...

Jason Poulin
replies: 137 views: 176,835
johannburkard 29th August 2018

Hi! There seems to be alot of talk about bass trapping on the board right now so I thought it was a good idea to post some...

Cojo
replies: 1,359 views: 1,019,672
Pteradactylist 7th December 2017

Today i started a project to build some quadratic residue diffusers. Overall not a difficult project--even though i used only...

jeremycox
replies: 121 views: 182,183
philsaudio 21st February 2017

Hi All, i've been looking around for hours now and cannot seem to find the depths used by the RPG Omniffusor (the wooden one,...

betserd
replies: 8 views: 5,682
vaice 20 hours ago

Hello, I'm Not A Carpenter-I did the best I could with what i had. I updated my vocal booth ( 7'x6'x8' ) room within a room....

denlig
replies: 25 views: 18,043
Jockervoice 21 hours ago

Is this product okay to use for super chunk bass traps ? UltraBatt™ Insulation |...

HashBerry
replies: 7 views: 1,310
sh00by 1 day ago

most of the posts here on gearslutz say forget foam I recall being in a test lab of a major computer manufacturer...

joe sixpak
replies: 7 views: 315
Jens Eklund 4 days ago

Hi I'm planning to acoustically treat a room mainly to prevent standing waves, and I can afford to take up some room. I was...

Balthazar
replies: 3 views: 281
Balthazar 6 days ago

Is it possible to re-tune an RPG tuned trap? Or would that just be rebuilding the whole thing? The ones I might have access to...

ricknance
replies: 0 views: 218
ricknance 1 week ago

So a friend of mine who works at a cabinet shop recently gave me several of these "acoustic panels" that were being...

essessbe
replies: 12 views: 1,247
essessbe 1 week ago

I have a number of Owens Corning 703 panels and a partial bolt of Guilford fabric left from a previous project. Has anyone...

Rick Sanchez
replies: 18 views: 6,085
Temple of Light 1 week ago

hi everyone, i'm still trying to get fabrics sorted for my absorbers. i got samples of: - burlap - gross looking, rough, cheap...

cubivore
replies: 57 views: 25,134
ellisr63 1 week ago

Converting this living room into a production space. This room is mostly for tracking, but also mixing. Open plan, so precise...

coreycoleman
replies: 0 views: 278
coreycoleman 1 week ago

Just finished listening to this interview with the inventor of the egg monitors. Recommended for anyone who is mixing in a home...

uvray
replies: 2 views: 1,295
kodebode 1 week ago

Hey guys, As far as I can tell, insulation in Australia is different to what they sell state-side. I'm planning to build some...

Enchilada
replies: 12 views: 4,222
jrakarl 1 week ago

Hi all. I have a decent understanding of the goals and methods to treat my home studio. It's a small enough space that I'm sure...

SoPro
replies: 0 views: 271
SoPro 1 week ago

After several threads here on the relative safety of rockwool, fiberglass, and organic fibers, I did a few days of digging...

audiovisceral
replies: 94 views: 138,488
NoobInAudio 1 week ago

I like the offerings of GIK acoustics and wanted to know if there are other places doing the same thing designs on acoustic...

Touch The Universe
replies: 27 views: 641
Touch The Universe 2 weeks ago

I've browsed this site for a few days, I have a couple questions on fabricating a corner bass trap. I have seen a few builds...

adauphin
replies: 5 views: 616
avare 2 weeks ago

Hi! (pictures at end of the post) I treated my room as best I could (dense and 12 cm thick rockwool + extra thick in the...

Mahdes
replies: 8 views: 550
Mahdes 2 weeks ago

I found some very old threads about this but some of those products dont seem to be available anymore and there may be new ones I...

DrummerMan
replies: 5 views: 315
DrummerMan 2 weeks ago

hi i am building a home studio please help me to pick a microphone for rap vocals under $ 65

astro5j
replies: 1 views: 274
bkbirge 2 weeks ago

They make them online for about $10 and I figure 50 x 26 would fit a 48 x 24 board and then stick them in a frame or go frameless

goom
replies: 2 views: 393
MoeLight 3 weeks ago

I have some Corner Bass Trap questions that have probably been answered many times before, but I am still confused ;-) Along...

sunship
replies: 0 views: 272
sunship 3 weeks ago

Just got back home with some Sonex foam a guy had on Craigslist. Looks new. At least there's no glue on the back. Just 3 or 4...

BabaOriley
replies: 3 views: 284
BabaOriley 3 weeks ago

Hi People, Besides 6" Panels for side walls, back wall and ceiling, I'm also building Soffit Bass Traps for the 4 Corners...

mrfye17
replies: 12 views: 525
Glenn Kuras 3 weeks ago

Hi, After struggling to do a mix in my room without constantly making use of headphones and doing it over a couple of days to...

TheBigLongy
replies: 1 views: 317
Treebase DMX 3 weeks ago

I've been working with broadband absorbers and bass absorbers, using open frames with OC703 2" (broadband) and OC705 4"...

Sneldog
replies: 0 views: 269
Sneldog 3 weeks ago

After moving house, I've ended up with all my gear in the smallest spare room (guest bed won't fit in here). I've quickly learned...

KingSausage
replies: 0 views: 265
KingSausage 4 weeks ago

Hi all! I’m Ryan I’m new to this site. I’ve finally bitten the bullet and took the time to rip down the foam and started...

Americangenius
replies: 0 views: 275
Americangenius 4 weeks ago

Hello gearslutz! I just got 12 foam sheets that are 3ft 2inches x 2ft 2 inches and a little over 3 inches thick. They are...

dmusic4u
replies: 10 views: 5,402
Redd2 4 weeks ago

Hey SLutz, For those of you using pegboard in your designs, and are upholstering it to give it a finished look, how do you attach...

Temple of Light
replies: 2 views: 509
SoundboxAcoustic 4 weeks ago

Hello all! I have been lurking here and on the JS forum for a number of months while designing and building my electronic music...

DreamWalker
replies: 3 views: 335
DreamWalker 13th February 2019

Hi guys, I've been reading the posts around here for a while, and I figured you'd be interested in this (my apologies if it's a...

gremmy
replies: 166 views: 94,759
andrewsamuel 11th February 2019

In this thread amongst other things; Great points Demetris. I find amazing how ignorant people here are of the speed of...

avare
replies: 23 views: 8,179
Vank 10th February 2019

Hi Guys, I am only fresh on here so I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right section so apologise if not, I am making...

K.HillRecords
replies: 0 views: 414
K.HillRecords 5th February 2019

Been shopping for 703 and found a supplier that has 2" 10 & 12 lbs. 703. Of course the 12 lb is more money. The 703 will...

davet
replies: 1 views: 327
avare 3rd February 2019

Hi, some time ago I purchased these Wenger broadband absorbers used from a friend. They have a metal frame and two 2x4s, top and...

rmedek
replies: 4 views: 399
ReaktorBubble95 3rd February 2019

I am building qrd diffusers for my 2 channel listening room. I have cut wood for 5 qrd. And ready to move to assembly. But i...

Joshua313
replies: 0 views: 345
Joshua313 2nd February 2019

I saw gobos that were constructed with a metal channeling of some sort. Looked to be aluminum, 3-sided, with diagonal...

gravyface
replies: 7 views: 353
gravyface 24th January 2019

Hi Folks, I've made already made some DIY 2x4' mid-range panels and bass traps using Ultratouch, thanks to lots of info gained...

rothmusic
replies: 18 views: 11,897
Jessiethijs 20th January 2019

Hey guys. I made some rockwool 8" (20cm) broadband bass traps and they are very heavy. Each has around 51 pounds...

Mr. Maki
replies: 1 views: 448
Temple of Light 19th January 2019

Im refurnishing my studio monitoring room ( 18f X 11f ). Should i use paint or wallpaper to cover the walls (drywall ). I tried...

incognitouser
replies: 12 views: 2,140
elizabeth123 16th January 2019

Hi all, I am a little confused what to purchase in regards to getting my room a little better in shape for mixing. As you...

orangefridge
replies: 0 views: 254
orangefridge 15th January 2019

After having built and used quite a few DIY diffusors for the last 2 years I'd like to share some thoughts on my newest (and most...

G. E.
replies: 510 views: 316,836
G. E. 8th January 2019

I'm going to build some bass traps for my home studio based on Ethan's design. Build a Better Bass Trap I have some...

Deleted User
replies: 28 views: 9,983
ftt123 8th January 2019

I just bought the Primacoustic London 8 kit! The mounting for it is a drill mounted solution. Is there a non-invasive way...

_Mark
replies: 1 views: 688
CatFace 7th January 2019

Hello everyone. I'm looking for totally safe materials for broadband absorber panels and found these products. What do you...

mark88
replies: 2 views: 518
Maffez 5th January 2019

I've built numerous porous absorbers, membrane absorbers, Helmholtz absorbers, and VPRs within the last years always wondering...

G. E.
replies: 300 views: 76,923
G. E. 3rd January 2019

Hey guys, messing around with the placement of basstraps (broandband 8" thick), and I am experiencing a weird issue....

Mr. Maki
replies: 2 views: 490
johannburkard 2nd January 2019

Hi everyone, So I’m going to use glasswool (equivalent to the pink fluffy stuff) for my corner traps. But the only glasswool...

Billenius
replies: 0 views: 212
Billenius 2nd January 2019

Hi all, I'm in the process of building 80cm x 80cm x 110 cm triangular superchunks as bass traps for my studio. I already...

alex928gt
replies: 0 views: 328
alex928gt 30th December 2018

Hello, i found lots of information and inspiration in this forum for building my 6 absorbers. finally i can post some pictures...

Sestic
replies: 0 views: 374
Sestic 28th December 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search