The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

My dad and I are fed up with peaks and null in the mix and tracking room in our studio. We've decided to build 24 - 2'X4'...

Jason Poulin
replies: 137 views: 174,536
johannburkard 3 weeks ago

Hi! There seems to be alot of talk about bass trapping on the board right now so I thought it was a good idea to post some...

Cojo
replies: 1,359 views: 1,000,491
Pteradactylist 7th December 2017

Today i started a project to build some quadratic residue diffusers. Overall not a difficult project--even though i used only...

jeremycox
replies: 121 views: 179,068
philsaudio 21st February 2017

In the vein of: Simple Soundbooth I built my own Porto-Booth. Total cost before blankets - $65 Blankets (buying tomorrow) -...

Heartfelt
replies: 41 views: 17,304
Cavri 1 hour ago

I wanted to build some acoustic panels and bass traps for my studio....now the acoustic panels look really easy to make, but the...

gearhead1
replies: 0 views: 57
gearhead1 3 hours ago
replies: 0 views: 72
orwiljackil 6 hours ago

Any Bag End E-Trap users here? How are they working out for you?

OliverV
replies: 4 views: 5,057
the fxs 3 days ago

After having built and used quite a few DIY diffusors for the last 2 years I'd like to share some thoughts on my newest (and most...

G. E.
replies: 506 views: 306,008
JayPee 4 days ago

Lots of suppliers in China for less than $2 per square foot, with NRC value of .65 I’d like to use this stuff for walls but...

Studiobuild159
replies: 0 views: 214
Studiobuild159 1 week ago

I'm building some 7 well 1D QRD's with embedded diffusers in the wells (diffactal style). Does anyone have thoughts on how...

Jerbery
replies: 5 views: 554
devnull 1 week ago

Amazon.com: Modern Computer Desk L Shaped Corner Desk Home Office Desks,More Stable Structure,Design by Ulikit (Orange Grain):...

MajorOoumphf
replies: 1 views: 284
CJ Mastering 1 week ago

Hey guys, so I can't seem to find anything thicker than 4 inches when it comes to rockwool, so I thought putting 2 rockwool...

Mr. Maki
replies: 1 views: 237
dinococcus 1 week ago

Hey Slutz! I'm treating my room (12,5 x 9,2 x 6,9). Still learning a lot about it. Almost "finished". My room, not my...

JayPee
replies: 3 views: 473
JayPee 1 week ago

Hi guys, I've been reading the posts around here for a while, and I figured you'd be interested in this (my apologies if it's a...

gremmy
replies: 157 views: 88,529
houe 1 week ago

I'm looking to treat my room with bass traps, however, several wall-to-wall corners are obstructed (support beam on front left...

ShaunBanham
replies: 3 views: 271
Jens Eklund 1 week ago

Just wanted to post these measurements: A waterfall of a 120m3 room with just 4 corner superchunks added. Then a waterfall of...

Yannick
replies: 48 views: 5,642
Adhoc 2 weeks ago

I wonder how these would do for bass trap frames? A bit on the thick side weighing in at nearly 10" in depth, but it...

replies: 15 views: 6,300
PeteJames 3 weeks ago

I have several 2x4 panels laying around. And some off set impaling clips but they leave a 2 inch air gap. I know ur supposed to...

mequaz
replies: 1 views: 263
Mike's Mix Room 3 weeks ago

Hey guys. First of all, thanks for having me in this great community. Well, I’m having a hard time figuring out how to...

HighFreq
replies: 4 views: 428
HighFreq 4 weeks ago

Hello all Long time subscriber, first time ......asker; Some advice and guidance on acoustic treatment If I may? (two images...

rezoracketeer
replies: 1 views: 309
Bushman 4 weeks ago

Hi, I am building a home theatre riser platform that will double as a huge 10"-12" deep bass trap spanning 8' by 6' ,...

Stevo19801
replies: 2 views: 290
Stevo19801 4 weeks ago

I have a 10'x9'x'9 (LxWxH) room. 9' side has a window with my desk facing it. Opposite side has a closet that runs most of the...

LSct
replies: 0 views: 242
LSct 4 weeks ago

I have two 4 ft x 2ft bass traps currently floorstanding, and straddled across the two corners directly behind my monitors. I...

schismatic
replies: 27 views: 15,987
jeremyglover 4 weeks ago

I bought 5 of these panels and they're kinda heavy. They're about as thick as my wall.

mofat
replies: 2 views: 342
mofat 4 weeks ago

Hi! Im experimenting with some diy acoustic treatment and will try and build a cube 60x60x60 cm with 4mm mdf on five sides, and...

pimo
replies: 8 views: 841
Carl Freeland 4 weeks ago

Hey all, I'm moving my home studio from an extra bedroom to the basement. Good news - I gain 20' in length and 2' in width, but I...

DaveNJ
replies: 7 views: 310
DaveNJ 4 weeks ago

In this thread amongst other things; Great points Demetris. I find amazing how ignorant people here are of the speed of...

avare
replies: 19 views: 6,973
DanDan 4 weeks ago

Decided to upgrade my Home Cinema....borrowed a GIK 244 bass trap in order to position it because I had a feeling my speaker...

Sleazy_Rider
replies: 0 views: 293
Sleazy_Rider 20th August 2018

Over the years I have had great success fixing smallish room bass problems with limp mass absorbers. As there are so many...

Tim Farrant
replies: 941 views: 323,717
ths61 16th August 2018

Has anybody else this set up? Did you treat every speaker reflection? It is IMPOSSIBLE to do the mirror trick for every speaker....

keenly
replies: 11 views: 1,464
SDDP 16th August 2018

Is this product okay to use for super chunk bass traps ? UltraBatt™ Insulation |...

HashBerry
replies: 4 views: 680
gfsark 15th August 2018

Hi, I am making a false wall at the back of my dedicated cinema to house a projector upgrade. The false wall will be 16”...

Stevo19801
replies: 2 views: 280
DanDan 13th August 2018

Hi guys, about 3 months ago I decided to cave and filled up two corners of my studio with rockwool from top to bottom, I put two...

vogelking
replies: 6 views: 488
stratology 10th August 2018

Moved to what seems the more "correct" parent forum: Improving sound in rehearsal room (rock band).

bib_ak
replies: 0 views: 241
bib_ak 7th August 2018

I'm looking to do some sound treatment in my church. I looked at absorption coefficient for Roxul RHT 80. I was thinking I would...

StevenAndres
replies: 52 views: 11,335
gabehizer 6th August 2018

I deleted this post to avoid a duplicate, because I'm posting again but not in the sub forum area... This is the new post I'm...

Stewix
replies: 0 views: 271
Stewix 6th August 2018

I've built numerous porous absorbers, membrane absorbers, Helmholtz absorbers, and VPRs within the last years always wondering...

G. E.
replies: 297 views: 72,804
DanDan 5th August 2018

Now and again a client comes back with an inspired idea or process. This is from John Crone of Manor Studio Cobh in Ireland....

DanDan
replies: 49 views: 34,339
ChristianN 4th August 2018

I've found a particular edge coating for making no-frame panels out of 703 panels, but I'm wondering if there is something...

MrDogBiscuit
replies: 4 views: 886
Sneldog 30th July 2018

I bought 20 polyester panels from Euroacoustik,to make bass traps.The problem i have is trying to cut the polyester.I tried with...

kotsaris
replies: 17 views: 542
Mandy.IECHO 30th July 2018

Can anyone tell how to make the absorbents nice and square in the front without using a frame in the front? The corners in the...

Bjorn Omholt
replies: 23 views: 2,797
Sneldog 29th July 2018

Made these 18" x 18" x 47" blocks from OC705 filled with Roxul, capped and wrapped. Thought I would post photos in...

Corey Milner
replies: 17 views: 2,369
ths61 28th July 2018

Hi- A guy I know had a small studio that he was closing after 20 years. He offered to sell me his self-made, free standing...

bhp2000
replies: 2 views: 237
bhp2000 26th July 2018

I have built out my 3rd studio in regards to equipment but have just started considering treatment. The room is very odd/hard to...

3rd Degree
replies: 0 views: 282
3rd Degree 23rd July 2018

Can someone who has experience in home studios and acoustic treatment placement please tell me where is a good place to move my...

TrippieSuavee
replies: 4 views: 660
TrippieSuavee 22nd July 2018

I am making a pair of 7-well 1D QRDs and my specific application (diffuse backwave of dipole speakers) has some room for a couple...

ths61
replies: 0 views: 386
ths61 20th July 2018

I am about to start building bass traps as well as wall absorbers with Owen Corning faced rigid fiberglass and am a bit concerned...

rochesterDude
replies: 7 views: 911
HermanV 18th July 2018

Amazon.com: Acoustic Foam XL Bass Trap Studio Soundproofing Corner Wall 12" X 12" X 12" (4 PACK): Musical...

minervx
replies: 6 views: 618
3rd Degree 18th July 2018

Hey guys, As far as I can tell, insulation in Australia is different to what they sell state-side. I'm planning to build some...

Enchilada
replies: 10 views: 3,987
praash 17th July 2018

Hi, I’m thinking of treating my room with a rfz set up , I’m going to use absorption at the reflection points . I was then...

Iainrev
replies: 0 views: 302
Iainrev 17th July 2018

First, I am so honored and thankful that Mr. Winer replied to my posting in the So little time, so much gear forum; I posted...

4 the Max
replies: 12 views: 32,265
cyclecamper 13th July 2018

Have been wondering about this for a while... Whenever you are out at a party & the music is loud, if you are holding an...

kevin nowhow
replies: 14 views: 2,512
Granny Nakajima 10th July 2018

I have 36 pieces of OC 2” fiberglass. I’m planning on doubling them up for the corners of my vocal booth to create bass...

skitzothebeast
replies: 7 views: 449
jikky 9th July 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search