The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi! There seems to be alot of talk about bass trapping on the board right now so I thought it was a good idea to post some...

Cojo
replies: 1,362 views: 1,089,535
jpo 5 days ago

My dad and I are fed up with peaks and null in the mix and tracking room in our studio. We've decided to build 24 - 2'X4'...

Jason Poulin
replies: 137 views: 185,496
johannburkard 29th August 2018

Today i started a project to build some quadratic residue diffusers. Overall not a difficult project--even though i used only...

jeremycox
replies: 121 views: 194,047
philsaudio 21st February 2017

I've done some DIY treatment in my room, but after reading this months "Room For Improvement" article in SOS thought...

blayz2002
replies: 9 views: 8,792
NathanOakley1980 12 hours ago

Ok called SPI and they don't carry roxul and the mineral wool they do have is back ordered for 4 months. They do have 703 in...

djgizmo
replies: 14 views: 4,525
dperalta 2 days ago

I recently purchased 10 2' x 6' x 3' broadband absorbers built with Safe n' Sound (specs here). I have currently been propping...

everestwitman
replies: 4 views: 189
avare 1 week ago

I’m trying to tame a 30Hz null in my room, and apply a house curve. I know FIR filters by their nature cause significant...

maxiedaniels
replies: 0 views: 112
maxiedaniels 1 week ago

Hi everyone, hoping for some advice on a relatively simple issue. I’m setting up treatment in a small-ish home studio room,...

clc91
replies: 0 views: 112
clc91 1 week ago

Hello, I’m in the process of treating my studio room and am seeking some advice. I’m hoping that this thread will document...

DanRP
replies: 25 views: 320
DanRP 2 weeks ago

Hi all, Noob question here, but the tri-corner of my "front" wall which requires treatment has an inconvenient fuse...

nomido
replies: 2 views: 182
dinococcus 2 weeks ago

Does anyone know of acoustical treatments (panels, etc.) that are effective, but look more like classy decorations that belong in...

LabGroup20
replies: 18 views: 3,114
Bardamus 2 weeks ago

I have a dedicated media room with 5.1.4 setup and recently ventured into adding some sound treatment. The room is about 12.5'W x...

kamabazi
replies: 4 views: 237
kamabazi 2 weeks ago

Ahoy all! I'm aiming to make some large bass traps for my little basement project studio. My current thinking is 2...

ssj71
replies: 8 views: 1,593
Bardamus 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, kinda tricky question, I hope someone could give me an opinion on this! I am basically torn between 2 options right...

moogerd
replies: 6 views: 611
Bardamus 2 weeks ago

Hi there guys! For bass panels placed in corners (e.g. wall & ceiling), how the bass trapping performance is varied when...

natureloop
replies: 23 views: 4,038
Bardamus 2 weeks ago

Hi, Do super chunk bass trap corners need to be the same size? I have a few corners in my room where there are things in...

elasticc
replies: 3 views: 972
Bardamus 2 weeks ago

I am giving some info for those willing to use Caruso IsoBond (CIB) panels in their projects (they are the best polyester-based...

robertopisa
replies: 11 views: 2,853
Bardamus 2 weeks ago

Hi, I need an advice from you experienced guys. After installing porous absorber bass traps all over the room the overall...

Deleted #146453
replies: 23 views: 2,570
Raaphorst 3 weeks ago

Hi all, I'm currently working out what material I should use for Superchunks in my home studio, modes at 50hz and 100hz are an...

lockstok
replies: 1 views: 471
Bardamus 3 weeks ago

Hello, Here Eddy from the Netherlands. Long time audiophile who recently discovered the effect of improving acoustic. So i...

Bardamus
replies: 1 views: 119
Bardamus 3 weeks ago

Hey guys, in this post I’m including pictures of my new studio mixing/recording room. I’m wondering your advice on where to...

Dylanlockstar
replies: 5 views: 337
Bender412 4 weeks ago

Honestly i don't really know what to think about it, but i'd really like to hear Ethan's and Glenn's opinions on this. To me it...

AlexRoudos
replies: 437 views: 105,702
NoPro 4 weeks ago

I bought some foam bass traps from ebay that are the same shape as the Auralex ones. But when they arrived they are much smaller!...

MarkBarnard
replies: 3 views: 326
Jens Eklund 4 weeks ago

Over the years I have had great success fixing smallish room bass problems with limp mass absorbers. As there are so many...

Tim Farrant
replies: 997 views: 426,670
kosulin 4 weeks ago

So I have all this material but I'm confronted with a dilemma. Should install my gyproc panels like this: studs <--...

couzin2000
replies: 1 views: 172
avare 14th December 2020

Hi, i searched the forum and didnt find any related thread. Im just about to build basstraps for my control room and i have an...

Dextegen
replies: 26 views: 7,825
avare 13th December 2020

So I'm getting the idea that there's no reason to use the more expensive OC products if I can get my hands on some cheap rock...

Thio
replies: 6 views: 7,596
Nyroh 11th December 2020

Mods - can you delete this thread? I’ve reposted it in the appropriate forum REW measurements, 'Day 2 Nov 20' is without the...

maxiedaniels
replies: 6 views: 187
Grovestand 11th December 2020

Hi All, Long time lurker, first time poster. Due to COVID, most post studios in LA are closed and more of us are being asked...

WFH_Guy
replies: 104 views: 1,722
Mike Caffrey 9th December 2020

Hi, Apologies for not being a pro, but I am an acoustic maniac. I am planning a home renovation and I'm worried all my glazing...

slz
replies: 1 views: 181
Bushman 8th December 2020

Hey, I meant to post this a while ago, but I never did. This is a pretty fast way to get R38 into a form that can be...

Grovestand
replies: 0 views: 171
Grovestand 7th December 2020

They don't look like any diffusor pattern I've seen; and the material is possibly not dense...

gravyface
replies: 0 views: 155
gravyface 7th December 2020

Products with density and air flow resistivity data: Terminology: Air Flow Resistivity (in Norwegian: strømningsmotstand) is...

tlindaas
replies: 44 views: 41,306
softie 7th December 2020

After several threads here on the relative safety of rockwool, fiberglass, and organic fibers, I did a few days of digging...

audiovisceral
replies: 109 views: 167,395
giurla 6th December 2020

OK, So I need to build some bass traps. As I am in the UK rockwool is the easiest available, most of which can be bought off...

lanmonkey
replies: 60 views: 56,140
steveschizoid 5th December 2020

Hi, I am in the lucky position of starting to plan the build of my studio/office, and have been going through a lot of the very...

timc3
replies: 3 views: 208
LowPass24dB 2nd December 2020

Here's the deal. Im building 4 tri corner "modular" super chunks. Each corner will be made up of four...

KrisMiller1982
replies: 1 views: 806
roho 30th November 2020

Correct title: What kind of Bass Trap to build for my budget: Super chunk corners or flat panels I was finally able to find...

xxRock_Onxx
replies: 6 views: 273
xxRock_Onxx 29th November 2020

Hi gearslutz, I was browsing around and I stumbled upon a picture of a Binary Amplitude diffuser, does anyone know how to make...

jrubbernek
replies: 117 views: 72,729
jazztronaut 25th November 2020

Hi! I've got a large-ish sound studio of ~140 cubic meters, with 4 sky lights, two large glass doors and a large glass...

sentient
replies: 1 views: 182
dinococcus 24th November 2020

Hi there, I know I've already posted another thread...hope this is my last thread in a few weeks! You're helping me a lot....

Julian_
replies: 2 views: 200
Julian_ 24th November 2020

As I understand it, having an air gap behind a bass trap is only to save on insulation cost - filling the air gap with more...

maxiedaniels
replies: 0 views: 211
maxiedaniels 21st November 2020

Hi, I need help deciding how to deal with a few problems within my little, odd shaped home studio. I'm not trying to...

Sheldon Cooper
replies: 0 views: 169
Sheldon Cooper 20th November 2020

Hi guys, I have a very small bedroom in my house (~3m x 2.4m x 2.4m high) which I'm trying to setup as a hobby studio for making...

aperception
replies: 3 views: 386
akebrake 20th November 2020

My corner traps have two layers of insulation, then crossed metal wire, then a layer of 1/8” MDF. Repeats all the way up the...

maxiedaniels
replies: 1 views: 222
coreyspencer 18th November 2020

I never knew how many auralex products were actually offered. Are any of them good or is it best to stay away from the company...

dysenterygary
replies: 38 views: 12,560
chadk808 18th November 2020

I have a smallish control room with plenty of treatment. Behind the speakers I have 2 corner super chunks and two 2x4 6"...

LSP
replies: 1 views: 166
kosulin 16th November 2020

Hey guys, are these bass traps any...

StefanAustria
replies: 2 views: 286
dinococcus 6th November 2020

Hi, I have a fair bit of insulation left over and have realized that my bass traps just aren't thick enough, partly due to some...

mat_down_under
replies: 2 views: 236
Grovestand 30th October 2020

Hi, my home studio has an irregular corner in the front wall (see pictures). I want to place some bass traps but I'm not really...

DavidSanx
replies: 1 views: 232
BJosephs 27th October 2020

Good afternoon, When looking to suspend pink fluffy within a trap, keeping it nice and....fluffy, I’ve read of orchard...

mrhudson
replies: 2 views: 332
Grovestand 26th October 2020

hey guys, I'm having problem with MDF, most of my diffusers that are made of MDFs I think are producing some kind of fume that is...

jrubbernek
replies: 22 views: 4,545
german_audio_guy 26th October 2020

Hey guys, Im making some traps and panels, using Knauf RS45. I have figures for the gas resistivity, but they are: Parallel...

Cabes
replies: 3 views: 263
akebrake 20th October 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search