The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Bass traps, acoustic panels, foam etc

Options
Views: 6,657
24th November 2017
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi! There seems to be alot of talk about bass trapping on the board right now so I thought it was a good idea to post some...

Cojo
replies: 1,359 views: 965,221
Pteradactylist 6 days ago

Today i started a project to build some quadratic residue diffusers. Overall not a difficult project--even though i used only...

jeremycox
replies: 121 views: 173,872
philsaudio 21st February 2017

My dad and I are fed up with peaks and null in the mix and tracking room in our studio. We've decided to build 24 - 2'X4'...

Jason Poulin
replies: 136 views: 170,712
Spare Monkey 8th March 2013

Hi All I have installed chunky bass traps in 3 corners with one smaller one above the door. Question is: What should I do...

therose75
replies: 0 views: 65
therose75 5 hours ago

I am planning on purchasing a few panels from GIK Acoustics UK. Room is 5x4x3 meters. It is a control room for mixing...

andy3
replies: 0 views: 122
andy3 1 day ago

Over the years I have had great success fixing smallish room bass problems with limp mass absorbers. As there are so many...

Tim Farrant
replies: 921 views: 291,678
Asteroid999 1 day ago

Got advice on here that moving blankets can at least somewhat help a bad sounding room. Went to U-Haul to purchase the...

C0419
replies: 40 views: 33,533
artistsmb8 1 day ago

I'm thinking of buying stock Knauf insulation from GIK (Knauf Insulation - GIK Acoustics) and putting putting three each inside...

artist202
replies: 0 views: 172
artist202 3 days ago

Hi guys, I've been reading the posts around here for a while, and I figured you'd be interested in this (my apologies if it's a...

gremmy
replies: 141 views: 79,513
Raphael Ramos 4 days ago

Is polyester wool suitable for building Bass traps?

replies: 20 views: 868
lectric 1 week ago

Hi all I would like to know if someone has any idea or xp with these: Jocavi Acoustic Panels - Products

androne
replies: 3 views: 1,417
mikelongaudio 1 week ago

Anyone have any experience with Jocavi acoustic panels? They look really stylish. Untitled Document

bee
replies: 11 views: 3,957
mikelongaudio 1 week ago

Hello everyone, First thread here, hopefully I posted it in the right place. I've been lurking for almost a month now and I'm...

Adrian_Cesar
replies: 2 views: 314
Adrian_Cesar 1 week ago

Hello, I'm looking to add some bass traps and acoustic panels to my existing theatre room. From reading the forum posts (thanks...

DoughMucker
replies: 7 views: 186
DoughMucker 1 week ago

I have moved to a new house and are trying to find the optimal speaker placement. I am not looking for anyone to tell me where to...

The Vulture
replies: 39 views: 22,268
pfg 2 weeks ago

After doing some research and comparing my options in my price range, I went ahead and ordered the Primacoustic London 10 kit....

Metal123
replies: 1 views: 161
Metal123 2 weeks ago

i went to so many stores trying to find something suitable, but im stumped. anyone have any recommendations for places to get...

erich
replies: 23 views: 18,262
torosufuk 2 weeks ago

.I almost posted this under the "Remote Possibilities" jurisdiction, but then I figured there wold be more folks over...

12ax7
replies: 26 views: 3,118
Zek 3 weeks ago

Hello everyone, I own the SVS Ultra 5.1 speakers with PB2000 subwoofer for some time now. (2 years Approx.). Installed them in...

shareknow
replies: 1 views: 244
Bushman 3 weeks ago

I am wondering if it's possible to create a helmholtz resonator using perforated hardboard in a groove which is surrounded by...

pencilextremist
replies: 1 views: 239
pencilextremist 3 weeks ago

I wonder how these would do for bass trap frames? A bit on the thick side weighing in at nearly 10" in depth, but it...

replies: 14 views: 4,693
Jonathan Race 4 weeks ago

Article Whitepaper linked in article.

GRBoomer
replies: 11 views: 431
Lee Wilson 4 weeks ago

Hey everyone, I need some advice for this 42hz room mode that I have. Its definitely the length of my room thats doing it. My...

keymotive
replies: 2 views: 274
mirochandler 4 weeks ago

Reading as many posts and articles as i can. Have a room with one bad mode around 44Hz. I'm filling the ceiling joists with in....

tymish
replies: 5 views: 352
dinococcus 4 weeks ago

Hello all. I move about every two years for my job so I'm looking for recommendations on DIY sound panels, bass traps, diffusors,...

Dgsaudio
replies: 1 views: 214
Bushman 4 weeks ago

Hi guys. Thanks to the huge amount of information on this forum I managed to improve very significantly the acoustics of my...

horsound
replies: 3 views: 588
GRBoomer 6th November 2017

I helped a friend out by ordering a bunch of 703 2" through my business. He no longer needs it and now I'm in a sticky...

maxy
replies: 3 views: 405
Milesmanglos 5th November 2017

I'm building some framed superchunks for front corners of my control room out of pink fluffy with a wood frame, and plywood tops...

charmingtedious
replies: 3 views: 359
kgveteran 3rd November 2017

I’m trying to treat a 20x12’ room using 2” auralex wedgies. I understand the limitations of acoustic foam, however, I...

antisun
replies: 1 views: 239
jikky 30th October 2017

Hello guys, I am in a little place to record my sound a 2x2 ( only for mic), i am wondering what is the best bass trap i could...

DoubleJo
replies: 20 views: 558
mirochandler 25th October 2017

Hi All, Do you need to HANG acoustic clouds from the ceiling (as opposed to mounting them flush) for them to be effective? ...

TCW
replies: 28 views: 11,961
DanDan 24th October 2017

ok, i searched an hour, i give up now. i'm sure the info is somewhere but i can't locate it... i want to hang some panels as...

futur2
replies: 9 views: 1,271
bottombunk 24th October 2017

I called Home Hardware who is an Owens Corning dealer and the lady got back to me with some weird answer she relayed from the rep...

You_Father_Sky
replies: 24 views: 8,589
Gar 20th October 2017

I'm now itching everywhere. I have taken the usual precaution when stuffing the fiberglass into the Ready Bags (the fabric is...

Folded
replies: 32 views: 10,124
jazztronaut 18th October 2017

Has anyone tried fixing their studio foam to the walls using 3M Dual Lock? I'm renting an apartment and I have 6 Auralex bass...

OrphicTrench
replies: 7 views: 345
OrphicTrench 17th October 2017

So kind of a stupid question. I'm going to be building some hanging bass trap panels for me control room. I'm going to order...

HarrySound
replies: 5 views: 480
Bushman 15th October 2017

I'm looking to treat my room better than I have right now. I have foam right now. And YES I am aware it's not very effective so I...

Metal123
replies: 6 views: 483
BarcelonaMusic 15th October 2017

I am treating out of control bass in a large room with 20' tall ceilings. There is a hung ceiling with standard 1/2" 2x2...

blenny
replies: 4 views: 359
bgood 15th October 2017

Hey everyone, I have recently moved into a new house in canada and need to deal with proper treatment of my only room option....

elgordito
replies: 1 views: 241
tibasse 11th October 2017

Hi all, Wondering who makes this corner trap? The white one with the pattern. I don't actually think it's vicoustic. I just...

frow3n
replies: 3 views: 406
Miguel Almeida 11th October 2017

I'm looking to get some better acoustic treatment. Right now I'm using cheap foam. I've seen kits from Primeacoustics which seem...

Metal123
replies: 3 views: 415
Miguel Almeida 11th October 2017

Hey guys, possibly a stupid question: About a year ago I took an acoustics class and the teacher talked about "free...

adam164614
replies: 25 views: 708
DanDan 9th October 2017

ATS acoustics advertises their rigid fiberglass as "an exact substitute for Owens Corning 703. Sound absorption, density,...

yetanotherjosh
replies: 10 views: 11,177
805Room 5th October 2017

Hi, I foud this research paper about a new way of absorbing sound energy and foud it really interesting. From what I...

c0nnect3d
replies: 4 views: 369
c0nnect3d 1st October 2017

Hello! I've made gobos. They are 39,5 cm thick. (15 9/16 Inches) They are filled with rockwool that sum up to 39 cm. (15...

ostfisk
replies: 1 views: 296
ostfisk 30th September 2017

What's supposed to be better or different about ASC Tube Traps, compared to regular panel traps? I spent 5000 euros on 12 Tube...

chrismeraz
replies: 8 views: 991
chet.d 30th September 2017

Products with density and air flow resistivity data: Terminology: Air Flow Resistivity (in Norwegian: strømningsmotstand) is...

tlindaas
replies: 41 views: 28,044
avare 30th September 2017

Hi there Had a good look around on the net and have not been able to find it. I'm after the figure for RS60 specifically,...

Max Dread
replies: 13 views: 5,581
chrismeraz 25th September 2017

I got 4 of these 8` x 20" sheets(complete with old baby-blue fancy fabric) that they were just going to throw away for a...

BarcelonaMusic
replies: 0 views: 237
BarcelonaMusic 21st September 2017

I have a 2' x 4' 2" thick absorption panel made of OC703 that I want to hang on my ceiling above me. My celing is a drop...

TGrissom
replies: 2 views: 341
Wayne 17th September 2017

Hello! I have a question: Which is the temperature of melting a custom gobo? :facepalm:

aslight
replies: 1 views: 636
aslight 15th September 2017

I'm a newbie to the gearslutz board and this is my first review of a recent purchase. I'll try to keep it short and simple. I...

stevetothink
replies: 76 views: 27,702
hiphop24360 10th September 2017

Now and again a client comes back with an inspired idea or process. This is from John Crone of Manor Studio Cobh in Ireland....

DanDan
replies: 45 views: 28,222
DanDan 7th September 2017

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search