The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

My dad and I are fed up with peaks and null in the mix and tracking room in our studio. We've decided to build 24 - 2'X4'...

Jason Poulin
replies: 137 views: 178,258
johannburkard 29th August 2018

Hi! There seems to be alot of talk about bass trapping on the board right now so I thought it was a good idea to post some...

Cojo
replies: 1,359 views: 1,030,173
Pteradactylist 7th December 2017

Today i started a project to build some quadratic residue diffusers. Overall not a difficult project--even though i used only...

jeremycox
replies: 121 views: 184,007
philsaudio 21st February 2017

Over the years I have had great success fixing smallish room bass problems with limp mass absorbers. As there are so many...

Tim Farrant
replies: 953 views: 353,890
Adhoc 5 hours ago

Hi, dear GS. About my living room: I need to define the rear wall basstrap shape and size asap, to allow the start of furniture...

ViniciusM
replies: 3 views: 402
ViniciusM 1 day ago

Hello! recently I finished build my little studio. I'm trying to make a decent demo from this space, so I figured I should...

shimoyjk
replies: 0 views: 552
shimoyjk 2 days ago

good afternoon, I have a cubic room its about 3metres length. One side has windows. the problem appears to be mainly between...

Bourbaki
replies: 0 views: 466
Bourbaki 2 days ago

Hi all, I hate reading long posts but if you can wade your way through this because I'm desperate for help My situation is...

Scoobz
replies: 35 views: 3,945
whhenyuan 3 days ago

Hi All- I have extensively searched around GS as well as looking around and I cannot find the answer to this anywhere...

Rtroost
replies: 11 views: 634
Ciarriadh 3 days ago

so, im a new guy to all this, let me start by introducing myself, im adam and want to make my van as nice an environment as i...

dumdum
replies: 1 views: 308
dumdum 5 days ago

This may be an epically stupid question, but I came into some 2" thick OC 703 panels, and as 2" is not thick enough to...

jsbeeth
replies: 38 views: 5,821
JSYN_MUSIC 6 days ago

Hello, I'm using the acousticmodelling porous absorver calculator to see which thickness and air gap is best for the amount of...

zurbran
replies: 1 views: 247
Philbo King 6 days ago

Hi all I'm looking to acoustically treat my home studio room 250hz down Does anybody know how effective 30cm thick 45cm...

ayseeare
replies: 1 views: 539
Bushman 1 week ago

Im using my recording setup to record a tabla. This is a instrument played sitting down to anyone who doesn't know. I have 4...

pshant
replies: 5 views: 539
Prodba 1 week ago

Hi all, sorry for yet another DIY gobo thread. I have a pair of 4'x6'x4" gobos on casters. They are a simple box frame,...

rmedek
replies: 5 views: 354
rmedek 1 week ago

What do you all recommend for thickness for first reflection point treatments assuming I will be doing separate bass trapping in...

colehooey
replies: 12 views: 558
avare 1 week ago

Now and again a client comes back with an inspired idea or process. This is from John Crone of Manor Studio Cobh in Ireland....

DanDan
replies: 56 views: 39,302
Jonik 2 weeks ago

I really, really want to figure this out. I have a room with awkward door location (blocks the front right corner), and a corner...

maxiedaniels
replies: 8 views: 354
dinococcus 2 weeks ago

After lots of reading i settled on the following design: soffit trap, for front corners dimensions: 60X120cm, 40cm thickness...

headphones1999
replies: 0 views: 268
headphones1999 2 weeks ago

Sup guys I'm a bedroom music producer and making music is a hobby, but over time I realize how echoe-y and sound reflections...

LoggleO_O
replies: 2 views: 507
LoggleO_O 3 weeks ago

For years I wasn't even aware that "Perforated Acoustic Panels" were a thing. Everyone only seemed to talk about Foam,...

KhaosSignal
replies: 2 views: 598
avare 4 weeks ago

Hi, I'm looking at this tutorial and decided to knock up a quick program to make dialling in the variables easier. More...

technocolour v2
replies: 7 views: 6,602
anchu 4 weeks ago

Earlier this year I realized I am statistically closer to the end of my rope than not. "One of these days I'll treat my...

zumazmusic
replies: 2 views: 303
zumazmusic 4 weeks ago

Hello everyone! I'm trying to treat my small studio room, you can see all the details here: ...

SoothsayerRec
replies: 4 views: 366
AudioWonderland 15th June 2019

I assume I already know the answer, based on many of the amazing threads here, but wanted to check just in case:...

Edward99
replies: 1 views: 272
mirochandler 13th June 2019

Hi, I am wondering whether it is possible to put rockwool insode of cardboard boxes used when moving homes. As far as I know...

yentz
replies: 1 views: 302
dinococcus 10th June 2019

what's up guys, i'm nixon.. i tried building 2 vpr panels and here was my process. the steel is cold rolled 1m x 1.5m x 1.6mm...

datal4b
replies: 0 views: 300
datal4b 9th June 2019

in other words, what does this mean and how does it relate to acoustical/absortion properties (and compared to for example ever...

esaias
replies: 136 views: 56,578
jamesblond 6th June 2019

First time posting, honestly didn't know this forum existed up until a couple of days ago. In those few days, the wealth of...

EightyDuce
replies: 7 views: 477
johannburkard 1st June 2019

So I'm getting the idea that there's no reason to use the more expensive OC products if I can get my hands on some cheap rock...

Thio
replies: 4 views: 6,532
Nyroh 1st June 2019

Hi everyone, I'm relatively new to acoustics so forgive me if I say something that doesn't make sense. 2 years ago I bought...

bramlaurens
replies: 8 views: 452
Dohreetoh 25th May 2019

Hi all, From what I have read here, I believe that having bass traps made from 705FRK with the reflective surface facing into...

Ultrasonic_UK
replies: 3 views: 343
Ultrasonic_UK 19th May 2019

Hey guys, I'm in search of some advice on building some acoustical treatments for my high school band room. I inherited a...

NickGraves93
replies: 1 views: 334
Bushman 18th May 2019

Hello Fellow Gearslutz, Today 6 Hofa Basstraps arrived. On first look they seem very nice build quality. Very rigid. They are...

Tigri
replies: 18 views: 16,171
mark4 16th May 2019

So I built A Diffusor, and it's huge. I cut all the pieces and started piecing it together. I'm gathering a smaller arsenal...

Sweets10v8
replies: 4 views: 2,220
AudioWonderland 16th May 2019

Hi there. I am planning to build some mlv trap. I am thinking to make it with variable depth to be more full band in the region...

andrea19837
replies: 3 views: 423
mirochandler 16th May 2019

I'm getting more and more into acoustics, but am still very green. The Master Handbook of Acoustics is on its way to me as I...

thermal
replies: 4 views: 346
thermal 15th May 2019

After reading many informative posts from some very generous individuals I've decided to start treating my 15' x 11' x 9' small...

ranman
replies: 0 views: 320
ranman 14th May 2019

Hi all, I'm planning to make some acoustic panels to try out in my lounge, for primarily stereo music listening. My plan was to...

Ultrasonic_UK
replies: 1 views: 402
Ultrasonic_UK 14th May 2019

Hi, Maybe i need to simpify my question. :) RockSono Solid (211) has a AFR of 15 kPa.s/m² But it's available in different...

Kamusica
replies: 1 views: 331
dinococcus 13th May 2019

I have a number of Owens Corning 703 panels and a partial bolt of Guilford fabric left from a previous project. Has anyone...

Rick Sanchez
replies: 19 views: 6,665
tlight 3rd May 2019

Hi, I was thinking of buying a couple of these and filling them with some 60kg mineral wool. Then cover the back and sides...

Pno
replies: 5 views: 651
Pno 21st April 2019

Hi gearslutz, I was browsing around and I stumbled upon a picture of a Binary Amplitude diffuser, does anyone know how to make...

jrubbernek
replies: 106 views: 57,643
romus 20th April 2019

Hi I'm making a removable window plug/baffle. Currently i have bits of off-cut/chopped rockwool placed into the window bay, like...

The Beatsmith
replies: 4 views: 8,094
thirst4tech 17th April 2019

This is my first post to the forum so please excuse me if I violate any rules or standards, and let me know if this would be...

Jackmuta
replies: 3 views: 649
Jackmuta 16th April 2019

I'm buying a new microphone soon but I'm recording in my untreated bedroom. It probably doesn't need tons of treatment given that...

OolalavSuperfukk
replies: 3 views: 603
bill5 15th April 2019

After having built and used quite a few DIY diffusors for the last 2 years I'd like to share some thoughts on my newest (and most...

G. E.
replies: 512 views: 322,691
G. E. 14th April 2019

Hi guys, i’m very new to this and i was just wondering.. i’ve done my research on tutorials in making a DIY acoustic panel....

Bukiegn
replies: 3 views: 451
Bukiegn 12th April 2019

Hey guys and gals, Just thought I’d pass on a design I’ve been working on for fake walls in my small bedroom mix suite. ...

watersedge1234
replies: 3 views: 632
watersedge1234 12th April 2019

Hello there, I'm a newbie here,but the reason I look for help is that I'm on the way to make a QRD Diffuser for my new studio....

KonstantinTD
replies: 3 views: 445
johannburkard 9th April 2019

I'm reading the book MIXING SECRETS for the Small Studio by Mike Senior. He discusses a type of "last ditch attempt"...

ManyHats
replies: 9 views: 2,526
twiy 9th April 2019

They make them online for about $10 and I figure 50 x 26 would fit a 48 x 24 board and then stick them in a frame or go frameless

goom
replies: 6 views: 620
kgveteran 6th April 2019

Hi, I am using Owens Corning 703 rigid fiberglass insulation to acoustically treat a room. I have used spray glue in the past to...

studiobuild
replies: 18 views: 711
nosebleedaudio 4th April 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search